Results 1 to 17 of 17

Thread: Why is WCI being left out or not being mentioned by our legislature...?

  1. #1
    Regular Member hardballer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    West Coast of Wisconsin
    Posts
    925

    Why is WCI being left out or not being mentioned by our legislature...?

    If we do not make noise, NO ONE WILL KNOW WE EXIST. WCI needs to be the go to for info and ideas! If our legislature listens to people who do not represent us, we need answers we need to know why. Perhaps someone in marketing needs to help out.

    What I know is this, if our desires are not presented in no uncertain terms to our representatives, we will be stuck with what ever cockeyed, lame-brained ideas that pop into their little bobble heads. Can someone please answer this question for me.

    Thank you, hardballer out!

  2. #2
    Regular Member paul@paul-fisher.com's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Chandler, AZ
    Posts
    4,047
    Quote Originally Posted by hardballer View Post
    If we do not make noise, NO ONE WILL KNOW WE EXIST. WCI needs to be the go to for info and ideas! If our legislature listens to people who do not represent us, we need answers we need to know why. Perhaps someone in marketing needs to help out.

    What I know is this, if our desires are not presented in no uncertain terms to our representatives, we will be stuck with what ever cockeyed, lame-brained ideas that pop into their little bobble heads. Can someone please answer this question for me.

    Thank you, hardballer out!
    When I go see my legislators, I wear my WCI shirt and tell them all about the organization.

  3. #3
    Regular Member hardballer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    West Coast of Wisconsin
    Posts
    925
    Quote Originally Posted by paul@paul-fisher.com View Post
    When I go see my legislators, I wear my WCI shirt and tell them all about the organization.
    Great Paul, thank you. Anybody else?

  4. #4
    McX
    Guest
    *
    Last edited by McX; 02-15-2011 at 09:49 PM.

  5. #5
    Regular Member HandyHamlet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Terra, Sol
    Posts
    2,779
    uhm.

    You forgot killer bees, sun spots, and zombies.


    And the Ice Age.
    Last edited by HandyHamlet; 02-15-2011 at 09:32 PM.
    "Don't interfere with anything in the Constitution. That must be maintained, for it is the only safeguard of our liberties."
    Abraham Lincoln

    "Some time ago, a bunch of lefties defied the law by dancing at the Jefferson Memorial, resulting in their arrests. Last week, a bunch of them pulled the same stunt and - using patented Lefist techniques - provoked the Park Police into having to use force to arrest them."
    Alexcabbie

  6. #6
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    North Central Wisconsin, ,
    Posts
    768
    Quote Originally Posted by hardballer View Post
    Great Paul, thank you. Anybody else?
    yup, me

  7. #7
    Campaign Veteran GLOCK21GB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Green Bay, Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    4,348
    Quote Originally Posted by HandyHamlet View Post
    uhm.

    You forgot killer bees, sun spots, and zombies.


    And the Ice Age.
    Don't knock on wood......2012 is less than a year away
    http://youtu.be/xWgVGu3OR4U AACFI, Wisconsin / Minnesota Carry Certified. Action Pistol & Advanced Action pistol concepts + Urban Carbine course. When the entitlement Zombies begin looting, pillaging, raping, burning & killing..remember HEAD SHOTS it's the only way to kill a Zombie. Stockpile food & water now.

    Please support your local,county, state & Federal Law enforcement agencies, right ???

  8. #8
    Wisconsin Carry, Inc. Wisconsin Carry, Inc. - Chairman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    1,197
    Why is WCI being left out or not being mentioned by our legislature...?
    Why do you presume we are? Feedback I get from legislators, many are well aware of our organization.

    WCI has, through our actions garnered more press and been the go-to for many mass media sources over the past year.

    Members and officers have made many contacts with their legislators.

    That said, we are all volunteer. Its up to each of us to make sure that our legislators have heard from us.

    email updates go to thousands upon thousands of people along with action plans and contact methods to reach their legislators and suggested talking points.

    Many people email me back with responses from their contacts.

    My legislators know all about WCI. Make sure yours do.
    www.wisconsincarry.org Wisconsin Carry, Inc. is not affiliated with opencarry.org or these web forums. Questions about discussion forum policy or forum moderation should be directed to the owners of opencarry.org not Wisconsin Carry, Inc.

  9. #9
    Regular Member hardballer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    West Coast of Wisconsin
    Posts
    925
    Quote Originally Posted by HandyHamlet View Post
    uhm.

    You forgot killer bees, sun spots, and zombies.


    And the Ice Age.
    Huh?

    Quote Originally Posted by Wisconsin Carry, Inc. - Chairman View Post
    Why do you presume we are? Feedback I get from legislators, many are well aware of our organization.

    WCI has, through our actions garnered more press and been the go-to for many mass media sources over the past year.

    Members and officers have made many contacts with their legislators.

    That said, we are all volunteer. Its up to each of us to make sure that our legislators have heard from us.

    email updates go to thousands upon thousands of people along with action plans and contact methods to reach their legislators and suggested talking points.

    Many people email me back with responses from their contacts.

    My legislators know all about WCI. Make sure yours do.
    That's great Mr. Chairman but if the media doesn't mention you, not enough noise is being made. If the media passes you by, there is a reason. The squeaky wheel gets the oil. Every letter I send, every email I send mentions WCI. If we focus on WCI and bring this to the media's attention time after time, we will be heard.

    I don't like reading articles that mention other, much less effective, and certainly much less representative organizations as if they were speaking for us.

    I'm just sayin'
    Last edited by hardballer; 02-16-2011 at 02:29 PM.

  10. #10
    Wisconsin Carry, Inc. Wisconsin Carry, Inc. - Chairman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    1,197
    WCI has had more press this year than any other organization in the state.

    There hasn't been a lot of TV coverage about concealed carry lately because the legislature is up to its knees is budget related issues.

    The TV news tends to only jump on hot issues. They aren't going to cover concealed carry until its a week or two from a vote.

    There have been lots of newspaper articles quoting WCI. We post those on our facebook page when we come across them.
    www.wisconsincarry.org Wisconsin Carry, Inc. is not affiliated with opencarry.org or these web forums. Questions about discussion forum policy or forum moderation should be directed to the owners of opencarry.org not Wisconsin Carry, Inc.

  11. #11
    McX
    Guest
    *
    Last edited by McX; 02-16-2011 at 04:43 PM.

  12. #12
    Campaign Veteran rcawdor57's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    1,643

    Lightbulb CCW by default. Interesting....

    Quote Originally Posted by McX View Post
    heard on talk radio today,******************************************** ************************************************** ************************************************** ************************************************** *.

    Oh and here is my comment: "************************************************* *********"
    Last edited by rcawdor57; 02-16-2011 at 07:56 PM.

  13. #13
    McX
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by rcawdor57 View Post
    Oh and here is my comment: "*"
    Rak, your never at a loss for words...........or asterics...........so to speak.

  14. #14
    Founder's Club Member bnhcomputing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    1,709
    Quote Originally Posted by hardballer View Post
    Great Paul, thank you. Anybody else?
    Met with and talked with SEVERAL legislators last weekend in Wausau. They KNOW who we are and what we stand for.

  15. #15
    Regular Member RR_Broccoli's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    WI
    Posts
    172
    Hardballer, I think I understand what you are getting at. There's a little bit of a "left out of it" feeling with the action at the Capitol.

    I think this is one of those situations where a couple of reminders is sufficient. The noise of the unions and school disruption will stop on it's own, and politically it's a "let them have enough rope to hang themselves" time. My retired father was dottering around Woodmans and ran into several parents with children who were PISSED they had to take the kids again for a second day. (Now third.)

    All we need is one or two democrats to go "yeah, ok, not going to make an issue out of that" who is already feeling like they are in trouble with their constituents and we have CC passed.

    It would have been nice to get a constitutional carry bill early in the session, but I think it's best now to wait a bit and let the opponents burn themselves out. (The people down there now, and out of state senators are the same people that would oppose CC.)

  16. #16
    Campaign Veteran Flipper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    , Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    1,140
    Partial Quote:

    Quote Originally Posted by RR_Broccoli View Post
    ...... and out of state senators are the same people that would oppose CC.)
    Yep
    When in danger you can dial 911 and hope for the police to arrive a few minutes later armed with guns.
    Why do police carry guns?

    The Joyce Foundation funded firearm control empire:
    http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...lFundingR1.png

    "Everything that we see is a shadow cast by that which we do not see." - Martin Luther King Jr.

  17. #17
    Regular Member theoicarry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    baraboo, wisconsin
    Posts
    178
    Quote Originally Posted by paul@paul-fisher.com View Post
    When I go see my legislators, I wear my WCI shirt and tell them all about the organization.
    I have made certian WCI information has been included with my letters to our Gov., and my representatives. I have written to each several times.

    Theo
    The way that you wander is the way that you choose,
    The day that you tarry, is the day that you lose!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •