• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

CCW classes on monday or tuesday?

Swifty

Been doing some searching for a 1 day CCW course on a budget. So far I have found the gun store (of course). Just wondering if anyone knows of anything else. I have next Tuesday off and was hoping to get the course done then. I'm willing to pay a reasonable price. Just wondering what others may know. Thanks in advance!

28kfps

Most on this site in Las Vegas do not care for the gun store. The owner is not a friend of open carry and some of their instructors are known to give incorrect information when it comes to open carry laws. If the one day fits, your schedule and the price fist your budget one has to do what one has to do.

SimplyTom

Attended the CCW class at The Gun Store on Monday 2/14. Here's the low down.....

1) Free CCW classes on Mon, Wed, Sat and Sun. Class includes qualification with 1 firearm. Each additional firearm is $25.
2) They will sign you off for getting CCW's for NV, UT and FL except the Sunday class which is only for NV.
3) Instructors are ok but they do give out bogus info on open carry, especially the law in NLV. Definately not OC friendly instructors.
4) Plan to spend all day there...9am to 6pm for the class and 6pm to 8pm on the range. A full day plus some.

My advice.....go to the class if you're on a budget because it's free for class and 1 firearm. MUST make a reservation because most classes are full...especially the weekend classes. Sit there and shut up. Don't try and argue the law with these guys. They're former/current LEO's and have that "I know the law better than you" attitude.

Good luck.

Loneviking

You're lucky you found a class during the weekday. Up here in Reno/Carson City there are no weekday classes and no way to qual a new gun during the week that I've found.

kdt1970

My wife and I are going down around the 26th of March to take the class. I asked if it was ok to open carry at the class and the lady said "it doesn't matter".