• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Boycott The Chicago Code

since9

Campaign Veteran
The Chicago Code is a tough, interesting police show. Unfortunately, there are many references to disarming private citizens, 4A, and other Constitutional violations on the part of the LEO characters. It's an affront to our Founding Fathers, and all those who have fought and died to protect and serve our country.

Quite frankly, it smells like something Daley, Obama, Hillary, Brady, and the Kalifornican antis thought up in order to "re-educate" the American public on their view of the way things ought to be in our country.

I'm watching it anyway. You see, each and every time I see a commercial, I am writing that sponsor and telling them how un-American it is to sponsor the show, along with some brief stats describing the inverse relationship between OC/CC frequency and crime, and a couple of quotes from the 1982 Congressional report on the RKBA. I also tell them that I will never buy their product again unless they've not sponsored The Chicago Code for more than a year.

If you agree pulling the gravy train from those who sponsor blatent depictions of Constitutional rights violations is an effective way of standing up for our rights, please join me in declaring your intentions to the sponsors of the show.

Thank you.

OC for ME

Docudrama? Fictional characters and nonfictional behaviors. It is Chicago after all. I say promote the show, get folks to watch and learn what life could be/is like where our constitutional protections are ignored/violated by LE. It is not often that a show will reveal the truth about LE. Probably not the producers/creators intention though. Just a side benefit.

Last edited:

since9

Campaign Veteran
You have to understand one thing....Cops take an oath to uphold the Constitutions....

As an officer holding a a Presidential appointment to the same extent...

No. You need to re-check your sources with respect which law enforcement officers (I don't like to call them "cops") have sworn which oaths, and to what extent.

They cannot do their job working for these Government Corporations...and uphold the Constitutions. So they LIED...That's perjury of oath...I believe a felony....
Peace Officers work under the Constitutions....Law Enforcement violates the Constitutions.
And until you learn the Constitution and learn how to use it, nothing will change.

Most Cops don't "work for Government Corporations."

Last edited:

billv

I watch this show. I haven't seen much of anti-gun in this, at least not much more than usual. In fact, that first episode the final scene where there's a shoot out, she uses her (now shot) bodyguard's gun to shoot at the BGs, fires three times and the slide locked back. Her body guard only had 3 rounds?

A lot of this is due to the story line and plot. Have you ever seen a show that featured someone open carrying that wasn't a criminal? Even though 43 states allow open carry? Or involved someone that was legally carrying a concealed firearm? The plot tends to end there.

I watch shows like this so I can critique their gun handling. Seen officers walk in front of other officers guns. Many times walking around with finger on trigger. Poor grip. Virtually no recoil on the guns since they are shooting blanks.

Watching Alaska State Trooper is interesting. I saw one LEO during an arrest for road rage, pick up the Glock that skittered away, rack the slide and drop the magazine. Rewound the DVR to double check - yep - one still in the chamber. These are real LEOs. And there are numerous comments by the narrator about guns that seem anti-gun (made the point that gun ownership in AK is the highest per ca-pita in the US) Even though Alaska is Constitutional open carry. But then some of the folks that have weapons, I question their sanity. I'll leave it at that.

Then there is Wild Justice about Fish and Game officers in Kalifornia. They are hunting down poachers mainly who are usually armed. Some interesting situations and they usually have a more anti-gun demeanor about them, but they are dealing with people with firearms that are possibly breaking the law. Stopped one guy on an ATV when the saw the pistol on his side. Not sure if they had probably cause to stop the guy but the LEO did recognize him from previous illegal activity. His gun was loaded which is against the law in CA for Open carry, but even so, he just gave him some innocuous ticket that had nothing to with the firearm.

Just remember that these shows are produced by the main 3 networks that tend to lean on the liberal side, at least for their news reporting. Not too unsurprising that the shows they produce would be anti-gun. Just enough guns to make the show interesting and generate a story line. But I rarely see non-LEO with a gun that's not a criminal.

Nevada carrier

I've read sevearl variations of police oaths, none have ever swear to uphold or defend the constitution. they seem to skit it but never actually say it. here is one;

I........................DO SWEAR - THAT - I WILL WELL AND TRULY SERVE - OUR SOVEREIGN COUNTRY AND STATE - AS A POLICE OFFICER WITHOUT FAVOR OR AFFECTION - MALICE OR ILL-WILL - UNTIL I AM LEGALLY DISCHARGED - THAT I WILL SEE AND CAUSE OUR COMMUNITYS PEACE TO BE KEPT AND PRESERVED - AND THAT - I WILL PREVENT TO THE BEST OF MY POWER - ALL OFFENSES AGAINST THAT PEACE - AND THAT - WHILE I CONTINUE TO BE A POLICE OFFICER - I WILL - TO THE BEST OF MY SKILL AND KNOWLEDGE - DISCHARGE ALL THE DUTIES THEREOF - FAITHFULLY - ACCORDING TO LAW. SO HELP ME GOD.

and;

I DO SOLEMNLY DECLARE UPON MY HONOUR AND CONSCIENCE THAT I WILL ACT AT ALL TIMES TO THE BEST OF MY ABILITY AND KNOWLEDGE IN A MANNER BEFITTING A POLICE OFFICER

I WILL PRESERVE THE DIGNITY AND WILL RESPECT THE RIGHTS OF ALL INDIVIDUALS

I WILL DISCHARGE MY DUTIES WITH INTEGRITY AND WILL PROMOTE UNDERSTANDING AND CONCILIATION

I WILL EXERCISE MY AUTHORITY AS A POLICE OFFICER IN THE MANNER INTENDED BY THE LAW

I WILL FAITHFULLY OBEY THE ORDERS OF MY SUPERIORS AND WILL BE READY TO CONFRONT DANGER IN THE LINE OF DUTY

I WILL ACT WITH HONESTY, COURTESY AND REGARD FOR THE WELFARE OF OTHERS, AND WILL ENDEAVOUR TO DEVELOP THE ESPRIT DE CORPS

I WILL ACT JUSTLY AND IMPARTIALLY AND WITH PROPRIETY TOWARDS MY FELLOW OFFICERS

I WILL CONSTANTLY STRIVE TO HONOUR THIS OATH IN MY SERVICE AS A POLICE OFFICER

since9

Campaign Veteran
I say promote the show, get folks to watch and learn what life could be/is like where our constitutional protections are ignored/violated by LE. It is not often that a show will reveal the truth about LE. Probably not the producers/creators intention though.

While your notion is interesting, it's based on the assumption that everyone who watches the show is as well educated as you are with respect to our rights here in this country.

My concern is that life tends to imitate Hollywood. If this show ever becomes popular, you're going to have scattered instances of cops going off the range.

Have you ever watched COPS? It's pretty much the same thing.....:D

Ok, let's boycott that too!

Deanimator

The Chicago Code is a tough, interesting police show. Unfortunately, there are many references to disarming private citizens, 4A, and other Constitutional violations on the part of the LEO characters. It's an affront to our Founding Fathers, and all those who have fought and died to protect and serve our country.
What you seem to be saying is that it's 100% accurate in its portrayal of the Chicago Police Department. You won't convince me until one of the characters stomps a barmaid, saps an elderly man handcuffed to a wheelchair or organizes a home invasion, burglary and kidnapping ring INSIDE the police department.

If you want to know what the REAL Chicago Police Department is like, watch "Training Day", "L.A. Confidential", "16 Blocks", "The Gauntlet", and "The Shield" all in one sitting, then realize that compared to the Chicago PD, they present nothing but rosy scenarios.

HandyHamlet

If you want to know what the REAL Chicago Police Department is like, watch "Training Day", "L.A. Confidential", "16 Blocks", "The Gauntlet", and "The Shield" all in one sitting, then realize that compared to the Chicago PD, they present nothing but rosy scenarios.

It is sad that this is a huge understatement. I remember a story of two uniformed cops who shoplifted sportswear right in front of the owner they were taking a statement from. They drove away with the shop owner banging on the hood of the squad car.

Deanimator

It is sad that this is a huge understatement. I remember a story of two uniformed cops who shoplifted sportswear right in front of the owner they were taking a statement from. They drove away with the shop owner banging on the hood of the squad car.
As I recall, a female Chicago cop demanded free coffee at a coffee shop and pulled her gun when she didn't get it.

since9

Campaign Veteran
What you seem to be saying is that it's 100% accurate in its portrayal of the Chicago Police Department.

Nope. The show is fiction. My concern is that real cops will emulate the abuses being portrayed on the screen.

TV shows and movies have portrayed police corruption many times before. Rarely, however, do they cast it in a positive light. Take Training Day, for example. The bad guy (Washington) dies while the good guy (Ferrel) lives.

SIGguy229

The UNITED STATES Incorporated in 1871....And became a Municipal Corporation.
All of the States have the Gold Fringe U.S. Flag in their State Office Buildings and Courthouses...They are franchise agents.
Most Towns and Cities are Incorporated.
What Planet do you live on......Most Cops work for Corporations.

You do realize you sound like a loon when you start saying things like this...somehow, because of the fringe on the flag, that it actually means something.

The only conclusion I come to is: crackpot. Please don't drag down the discussion with this tripe.

Butch00

I've read sevearl variations of police oaths, none have ever swear to uphold or defend the constitution. they seem to skit it but never actually say it. here is one;

and;

Those so called oaths are nothing. They just mean you are
an employee of a corporation with no authority.
If you are not taking a Constitutional Oath your a nobody.

This is the Lawful Oath from Colorado:

Oath of Office

I __________, do solemnly swear that I will support the Constitution of the United States, and of the State of Colorado and faithfully perform the duties of the office of Patrol Trooper upon which I am about to enter.

OC for ME

I........................DO SWEAR - THAT - I WILL WELL AND TRULY SERVE - OUR SOVEREIGN COUNTRY AND STATE - AS A POLICE OFFICER WITHOUT FAVOR OR AFFECTION - MALICE OR ILL-WILL - UNTIL I AM LEGALLY DISCHARGED - THAT I WILL SEE AND CAUSE OUR COMMUNITY'S PEACE TO BE KEPT AND PRESERVED - AND THAT - I WILL PREVENT TO THE BEST OF MY POWER - ALL OFFENSES AGAINST THAT PEACE - AND THAT - WHILE I CONTINUE TO BE A POLICE OFFICER - I WILL - TO THE BEST OF MY SKILL AND KNOWLEDGE - DISCHARGE ALL THE DUTIES THEREOF - FAITHFULLY - ACCORDING TO LAW. SO HELP ME GOD.

I DO SOLEMNLY DECLARE UPON MY HONOR AND CONSCIENCE THAT I WILL ACT AT ALL TIMES TO THE BEST OF MY ABILITY AND KNOWLEDGE IN A MANNER BEFITTING A POLICE OFFICER

I WILL PRESERVE THE DIGNITY AND WILL RESPECT THE RIGHTS OF ALL INDIVIDUALS....

I WILL DISCHARGE MY DUTIES WITH INTEGRITY AND WILL PROMOTE UNDERSTANDING AND CONCILIATION....

I WILL EXERCISE MY AUTHORITY AS A POLICE OFFICER IN THE MANNER INTENDED BY THE LAW....

I WILL FAITHFULLY OBEY THE ORDERS OF MY SUPERIORS AND WILL BE READY TO CONFRONT DANGER IN THE LINE OF DUTY....

I WILL ACT WITH HONESTY, COURTESY AND REGARD FOR THE WELFARE OF OTHERS, AND WILL ENDEAVOR TO DEVELOP THE ESPRIT DE CORPS....

I WILL ACT JUSTLY AND IMPARTIALLY AND WITH PROPRIETY TOWARDS MY FELLOW OFFICERS....

I WILL CONSTANTLY STRIVE TO HONOR THIS OATH IN MY SERVICE AS A POLICE OFFICER....
What happens to a LEO when it is shown that he violated any one or more of the components of the oath he swore to? How about when it is shown that he violated his employment code of conduct?

What happens to a LEO when it is shown that he repeatedly violates one or more of the components of the oath he swore to? How about when it is shown that he repeatedly violates his employment code of conduct?

What happens to you when it is shown that you violated your employment code of conduct? Would you expect to be working the same job if it were shown that you repeatedly violated your employment code of conduct?

Last edited:

eye95

You do realize you sound like a loon when you start saying things like this...somehow, because of the fringe on the flag, that it actually means something.

The only conclusion I come to is: crackpot. Please don't drag down the discussion with this tripe.

I would have avoided the characterizations of the poster, but you are dead on regarding the comments themselves. Those comments are crackpot comments and just plain loony.

Last edited:

sudden valley gunner

As I recall, a female Chicago cop demanded free coffee at a coffee shop and pulled her gun when she didn't get it.

She was demanding a specialty drink, and Starbucks was still giving her a free coffee, just a regular one though, refusing her demands for extra special treatment. (She was already getting special treatment)

http://www.boingboing.net/2008/08/07/chicago-cop-suspende.html

I think this is why the cops in many cities choose not to go to Starbucks anymore, I know the ones in my town don't they go to other coffee shops. She wasn't the only one I remember do a web search and finding other stories of angry officers that weren't getting there specialty coffee drinks. I think one shop in Florida stopped giving them free black coffee because of it.

Here's a quote from the cop in Florida He fortunately was fired.

"If something happens, we could respond really fast or really slow. I'm the difference between you getting a two-minute response time or a 15-minute response time."

P.S. What bugs me is that Public Employees of all sorts are usually obligated not to accept any "gifts" related to their duties.

Last edited:

Gray Peterson

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
Just an FYI: Conspiracy theory crap along the lines of "Gold Fringe" stuff is not welcome here or anywhere on this forum. Keep your posts on topic and in reference to OC and gun carry in general.

Smith45acp

Have you ever watched COPS? It's pretty much the same thing.....:D

How boring would COPS be if the people simply refused consent to search their cars and belongings. I love how EVERY time the cops ask for consent the morons give it, knowing they have a crack pipe or dime bag underneath their seat.

Geez, at least make them bring in a K9 to establish PC!

KBCraig

How boring would COPS be if the people simply refused consent to search their cars and belongings. I love how EVERY time the cops ask for consent the morons give it, knowing they have a crack pipe or dime bag underneath their seat.

Geez, at least make them bring in a K9 to establish PC!

As it turns out, K9s --or rather, their handlers-- are highly unreliable. I imagine their court standing as infallible drug detecting machines is going to be reviewed and hopefully changed.

http://reason.com/archives/2011/02/21/the-mind-of-a-police-dog

A recent Chicago Tribune survey of traffic stops by suburban police departments from 2007 to 2009, for example, found that searches turned up contraband in just 44 percent of the cases where police dogs alerted to the presence of narcotics. (An alert is a signal, such as barking or sitting, that dogs are trained to display when they detect the target scent.) In stops involving Hispanic drivers, the dogs' success rate was just 27 percent.
( . . . )

The problem is our confusion about when dogs are picking up a scent and when they are responding to cues from their handlers. The Economist's "Babbage" blog summarizes a recent study led by Lisa Lit, a neurologist (and former dog handler) at the University of California-Davis, that demonstrates the startling consequences of that confusion:
( . . . )
Dog/handler teams correctly completed a search with no alerts in just 21 of the 144 walk-throughs. The other 123 searches produced an astounding 225 alerts, every one of them false. Even more interesting, the search points designed to trick the handlers (marked by the red slips of paper) were about twice as likely to trigger false alerts as the search points designed to trick the dogs (by luring them with sausages).