Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Lizzy's Green Cafe Fish Fry Dinner This Friday The 18th! Open Carry Encouraged!

Thumbs up Lizzy's Green Cafe Fish Fry Dinner This Friday The 18th! Open Carry Encouraged!

It has been a while since we had a good get together at Lizzy's. Let's shoot for this Friday and show our thanks to Adam and Lizzy for inviting us to eat at their establishment and exercise our right to keep and bear arms.

The fish fry starts at 4 and goes to 10 with most of us arriving around 6:30 or so. I know at least 10 of us will be there (the usual suspects) around 6:30. I hope to see many of the old faces again and some new faces too.

3731 S Beaumont Ave
    Kansasville, WI 53139
    (262) 878-6162

McX
    i'll be there, if i'm not out protesting the war in Vietnam............no wait, what are protesting this week?

Quote Originally Posted by McX View Post
    what are protesting this week?
    The lack of priority in getting Constitutional Carry brought before the legislature and passed .
    Wisconsin Carry Member
    My Castle Doctrine Law

Don't wish ill upon your enemy......plan it.

McX
    dang, and i had my meat suit all ready to wear to the peta protest.

I would pay money to see that.
    "Don't interfere with anything in the Constitution. That must be maintained, for it is the only safeguard of our liberties."
    Abraham Lincoln

"Some time ago, a bunch of lefties defied the law by dancing at the Jefferson Memorial, resulting in their arrests. Last week, a bunch of them pulled the same stunt and - using patented Lefist techniques - provoked the Park Police into having to use force to arrest them."
    Alexcabbie

Maybe next week for me.

dang, and i had my meat suit all ready to wear to the peta protest.
    And waste good meat? Wait, is this a meat suit or bacon suit? Either way, it sounds delicious!
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. Thomas Jefferson (1776)

If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

McX
    Quote Originally Posted by protias View Post
    Maybe next week for me.

And waste good meat? Wait, is this a meat suit or bacon suit? Either way, it sounds delicious!
    it's going to be all the rage; pork chop shoes, chicken belt, lamb tweed pants, steak shirt, liver sausage tie, and fish undies. smell good too with my A-1 steak sauce colonge. get alot of dogs following me around though.

it's going to be all the rage; pork chop shoes, chicken belt, lamb tweed pants, steak shirt, liver sausage tie, and fish undies. smell good too with my A-1 steak sauce colonge. get alot of dogs following me around though.
    I can't imagine why.
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. Thomas Jefferson (1776)

If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

McX
    Quote Originally Posted by protias View Post
    I can't imagine why.
    because i love animals?..........burp.

Wink Breakfast this morning at Lizzy's was excellent!

I had breakfast this morning at Lizzy's with Adam. This Friday is going to be a great dinner! I hope a bunch of us can make it and show our support for Lizzy and Adam and their great staff. Adam has hired another person for the kitchen and he is interested in what the Open Carry movement is all about. If you get a chance please introduce yourself to Miguel, I believe he will be there Friday night.

If anyone wants to carpool from Racine I'll be leaving between 5:30 and 6:00.

I'm big on carpooling . . .

When rights are outlawed only outlaws will have rights.

Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity. - Hanlon's Razor

No American citizen should be willing to accept a government that uses its power against its own people. - Catherine Engelbrecht

Quote Originally Posted by Running Wolf View Post
    If anyone wants to carpool from Racine I'll be leaving between 5:30 and 6:00.

I'm big on carpooling . . .

Going Green are ya!

We usually carpool to Lizzy's and other events too. Makes the trip less boring when there is good conversation all around.

I'm more cheap than I am green, but yeah . . .
    When rights are outlawed only outlaws will have rights.

Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity. - Hanlon's Razor

No American citizen should be willing to accept a government that uses its power against its own people. - Catherine Engelbrecht

Wink Cheep!

Quote Originally Posted by Running Wolf View Post
    I'm more cheap than I am green, but yeah . . .
    I enjoy the conversations during the ride myself...but usually it is me talking and no one listening....LOL!

JK. Good to see you this Friday evening. We missed you at the Culvers event this past Sunday. That was a really good get together!

I will try to make it. I am going to get there early though. The last time I was there I made it towards the end and they sold out of the Fish Fry!

McX
    [QUOTE=rcawdor57;1469447]I enjoy the conversations during the ride myself...but usually it is me talking and no one listening....LOL!

I beg your chardonay?!

Wink

[QUOTE=McX;1469503]
    Quote Originally Posted by rcawdor57 View Post
    I enjoy the conversations during the ride myself...but usually it is me talking and no one listening....LOL!

I beg your chardonay?!

What? ***** **** ********* ************** ********* you!

Quote Originally Posted by rcawdor57 View Post
    It has been a while since we had a good get together at Lizzy's. Let's shoot for this Friday and show our thanks to Adam and Lizzy for inviting us to eat at their establishment and exercise our right to keep and bear arms.

The fish fry starts at 4 and goes to 10 with most of us arriving around 6:30 or so. I know at least 10 of us will be there (the usual suspects) around 6:30. I hope to see many of the old faces again and some new faces too.

3731 S Beaumont Ave
    Kansasville, WI 53139
    (262) 878-6162
    i'll be there, if i'm not out protesting the war in Vietnam............no wait, what are protesting this week?

OK, so tonight is "date night" for my wife and I. I told her that I would like to make the trip to come down to Lizzy's. She is thinking that it does not sound like a good place for a "date". So I have to ask you all, is she wrong? It sounds like a small "mom and pop" kind of place to me. Good people, cold drinks (yea, no beers for me tonight), oh, and fish.
    So what kind of place is it? Is it a loud bar?

Thumbs up Just What Is Lizzy's Green Cafe? Good question...

Quote Originally Posted by AaronS View Post
    OK, so tonight is "date night" for my wife and I. I told her that I would like to make the trip to come down to Lizzy's. She is thinking that it does not sound like a good place for a "date". So I have to ask you all, is she wrong? It sounds like a small "mom and pop" kind of place to me. Good people, cold drinks (yea, no beers for me tonight), oh, and fish.
    So what kind of place is it? Is it a loud bar?
    It is a Mom & Son place to be exact. It is owned by Lizzy and her son Adam and yes, it is small and cozy. There is seating for about 50 people and it is in the middle of nowhere at the cross roads in Kansasville. I would certainly take a date there if it were me but then again I'm an old guy who likes the small, out of the way places.

Lizzy's is open from Tuesday through Sunday from 0700 to 2 pm but on Fridays they are open again starting at 4 pm till 10 pm for the "Fish Fry". It isn't just fish though. Lizzy's has a nice evening menu of fried fish (Cod?) and baked fish as well as grilled Salmon. They also have chicken sandwiches and hamburgers/cheeseburgers that are very big and they have a great fish sandwich too. They also have clam chowder, chili and various salads.

The restaurant adjoins the bar next door and there is a connecting window between the two. Anyone can order drinks from the bar next door and consume them in Lizzy's. So if you are not wearing your sidearm one may consume alcohol (legally you can anyway but we don't).

I can honestly say the restaurant is more than just a restaurant, it is like going home to many of us and if we could afford to eat out more often I think many of us would make the trip for breakfast and lunch and the Friday night dinner. Lizzy and Adam welcome us and actually invite us to open carry in their restaurant.

You won't be disappointed! Most of us get there around 6:30 to 7 and by then we are somewhat organized at a group of tables pushed together so you most likely won't miss us.

Hope to see you there tonight.

McX
    RAK, you going to be raffling off that new pistol you ordered tonight?

added on edit; a chum of mine from madison (gasp) is hoping to meet us there. you gun toters dont scare him off now!
    (he knows about OC, been a chum of mine for 20 yrs now)
    Last edited by McX; 02-18-2011 at 03:15 PM.

Talking

RAK, you going to be raffling off that new pistol you ordered tonight?

added on edit; a chum of mine from madison (gasp) is hoping to meet us there. you gun toters dont scare him off now!
    (he knows about OC, been a chum of mine for 20 yrs now)
    No raffling tonight! At least not from me... I think I will have the fish sandwich and fries tonight!

Wish I could have made it

I had to work to make money to keep my collection one or two steps ahead of Rac's

What can I say I like guns
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-TC2xTCb_GU

Hopefully I will be able to start attending again soon, I have had 1 interview with Insinkerator and will have a 2hr interview with them on Feb 25th.
    In God I trust. Everyone else needs to keep your hands where I can see them.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by oak1971 View Post
    Hopefully I will be able to start attending again soon, I have had 1 interview with Insinkerator and will have a 2hr interview with them on Feb 25th.

We definitely miss you and Oldschool at Lizzy's. I know Oldschool works on Fish Fry night and can't make those dinners. It is good to have a job though so we definitely understand!

Good luck with the job Oak! I hope you get it!

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by oldschool View Post
    Wish I could have made it

I had to work to make money to keep my collection one or two steps ahead of Rac's

What can I say I like guns
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-TC2xTCb_GU
    I like guns too!

This past week I looked at eleven Ruger revolvers, all single action Blackhawk, Vaquero and Super Blackhawk...oh and one Single Six. Now I figure if I can get ALL of them I may get an edge on your collection.
    Oh, and today I actually found a Kel-Tec RFB in stock at a local gun store. I think that will be next on my list. Do you have one of those? Hmm...you probably have two! Expensive!
    LINK: http://www.keltecweapons.com/our-guns/rifles/rfb/

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast