• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Lizzy's Green Cafe Fish Fry Dinner This Friday The 18th! Open Carry Encouraged!

rcawdor57

Campaign Veteran
It has been a while since we had a good get together at Lizzy's. Let's shoot for this Friday and show our thanks to Adam and Lizzy for inviting us to eat at their establishment and exercise our right to keep and bear arms.

The fish fry starts at 4 and goes to 10 with most of us arriving around 6:30 or so. I know at least 10 of us will be there (the usual suspects) around 6:30. I hope to see many of the old faces again and some new faces too.

3731 S Beaumont Ave
Kansasville, WI 53139
(262) 878-6162

M

McX

i'll be there, if i'm not out protesting the war in Vietnam............no wait, what are protesting this week?

M

McX

dang, and i had my meat suit all ready to wear to the peta protest.

protias

Maybe next week for me.

dang, and i had my meat suit all ready to wear to the peta protest.
And waste good meat? Wait, is this a meat suit or bacon suit? Either way, it sounds delicious! :banana: :monkey

M

McX

Maybe next week for me.

And waste good meat? Wait, is this a meat suit or bacon suit? Either way, it sounds delicious! :banana: :monkey

it's going to be all the rage; pork chop shoes, chicken belt, lamb tweed pants, steak shirt, liver sausage tie, and fish undies. smell good too with my A-1 steak sauce colonge. get alot of dogs following me around though.

protias

it's going to be all the rage; pork chop shoes, chicken belt, lamb tweed pants, steak shirt, liver sausage tie, and fish undies. smell good too with my A-1 steak sauce colonge. get alot of dogs following me around though.
I can't imagine why. :p

rcawdor57

Campaign Veteran
Breakfast this morning at Lizzy's was excellent!

I had breakfast this morning at Lizzy's with Adam. This Friday is going to be a great dinner! I hope a bunch of us can make it and show our support for Lizzy and Adam and their great staff. Adam has hired another person for the kitchen and he is interested in what the Open Carry movement is all about. If you get a chance please introduce yourself to Miguel, I believe he will be there Friday night.

rcawdor57

Campaign Veteran
Cheep!

I'm more cheap than I am green, but yeah . . .

I enjoy the conversations during the ride myself...but usually it is me talking and no one listening....LOL!

JK. Good to see you this Friday evening. We missed you at the Culvers event this past Sunday. That was a really good get together!

AaronS

It has been a while since we had a good get together at Lizzy's. Let's shoot for this Friday and show our thanks to Adam and Lizzy for inviting us to eat at their establishment and exercise our right to keep and bear arms.

The fish fry starts at 4 and goes to 10 with most of us arriving around 6:30 or so. I know at least 10 of us will be there (the usual suspects) around 6:30. I hope to see many of the old faces again and some new faces too.

3731 S Beaumont Ave
Kansasville, WI 53139
(262) 878-6162

i'll be there, if i'm not out protesting the war in Vietnam............no wait, what are protesting this week?

OK, so tonight is "date night" for my wife and I. I told her that I would like to make the trip to come down to Lizzy's. She is thinking that it does not sound like a good place for a "date". So I have to ask you all, is she wrong? It sounds like a small "mom and pop" kind of place to me. Good people, cold drinks (yea, no beers for me tonight), oh, and fish.
So what kind of place is it? Is it a loud bar?

rcawdor57

Campaign Veteran
Just What Is Lizzy's Green Cafe? Good question...

OK, so tonight is "date night" for my wife and I. I told her that I would like to make the trip to come down to Lizzy's. She is thinking that it does not sound like a good place for a "date". So I have to ask you all, is she wrong? It sounds like a small "mom and pop" kind of place to me. Good people, cold drinks (yea, no beers for me tonight), oh, and fish.
So what kind of place is it? Is it a loud bar?

It is a Mom & Son place to be exact. It is owned by Lizzy and her son Adam and yes, it is small and cozy. There is seating for about 50 people and it is in the middle of nowhere at the cross roads in Kansasville. I would certainly take a date there if it were me but then again I'm an old guy who likes the small, out of the way places.

Lizzy's is open from Tuesday through Sunday from 0700 to 2 pm but on Fridays they are open again starting at 4 pm till 10 pm for the "Fish Fry". It isn't just fish though. Lizzy's has a nice evening menu of fried fish (Cod?) and baked fish as well as grilled Salmon. They also have chicken sandwiches and hamburgers/cheeseburgers that are very big and they have a great fish sandwich too. They also have clam chowder, chili and various salads.

The restaurant adjoins the bar next door and there is a connecting window between the two. Anyone can order drinks from the bar next door and consume them in Lizzy's. So if you are not wearing your sidearm one may consume alcohol (legally you can anyway but we don't).

I can honestly say the restaurant is more than just a restaurant, it is like going home to many of us and if we could afford to eat out more often I think many of us would make the trip for breakfast and lunch and the Friday night dinner. Lizzy and Adam welcome us and actually invite us to open carry in their restaurant.

You won't be disappointed! Most of us get there around 6:30 to 7 and by then we are somewhat organized at a group of tables pushed together so you most likely won't miss us.

Hope to see you there tonight. :)

M

McX

RAK, you going to be raffling off that new pistol you ordered tonight?

added on edit; a chum of mine from madison (gasp) is hoping to meet us there. you gun toters dont scare him off now!
(he knows about OC, been a chum of mine for 20 yrs now)

Last edited: