• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

More anti-OC flak

Rich B

I notice they completely gloss over this part of the article which seems way more important and way more likely:

Also, state Rep. Richard LeBlanc, D-Westland, has introduced House Bill 4009, which would repeal the state’s pistolfree zones entirely.

You have Democrats trying to eliminate gun free zones in your state. I don't think you can be any more effective than that!

Rich B

Blog post update

Update:

Dear folks coming here from this OpenCarry thread,

I cannot comment there, so I will here. Police your own. Carrying a shotgun into a library is not going to win hearts and minds. It’s going to turn people away. This bill is going to draw more attention to the incident that led this politician to propose the bill.

You have rights. We get that. But when you’re focusing on your right and acting like jerk, people tend to focus on that whole being a jerk part. There are effective ways to to win hearts and minds with respect to OC. Flashing guns at librarians and toting a shotgun on your back is not one of those ways.

This is like the kiss-ins that gay groups used to have. I’m all for gay rights and support gay marriage. But I don’t think a bunch of gay dudes kissing at the mall is effective at converting people to support gay rights.

You guys suck at marketing. And that’s it.

Hugs and kisses,

SayUncle
P.S. Tell the guy carrying the shotgun around town to knock it off.

Update 2: Oh for f***’s sake. One of these guys carried an AR-15 to a Ponderosa Steakhouse and was surprised to be asked to leave. Seriously, you’re not helping. Carry a handgun. Leave the rifles and shotties at home or in the car.

So OCing is 'flashing guns at librarians' now?

Last edited:

gotarheels03

"I think the saddest part is that these 'pro-2A' people are actually celebrating the idea of the government restricting rights."

Please show me where Breda or anyone else is "celebrating" the restriction of rights, or even that they support said restrictions?

Haman J.T.

I notice they completely gloss over this part of the article which seems way more important and way more likely:

You have Democrats trying to eliminate gun free zones in your state. I don't think you can be any more effective than that!
This goes to show it's not about the D's & R's,although the D's have a long way to go to be in line with our federal and MI constitutions.It's about the citizens taking the responsibility to defend themselves and their fellow citizens by the only means available against armed enemy's,foreign and domestic(all criminals)! It's awfully nice to see a pro-2A D though!

lil_freak_66

my comments.

Technically he was carrying a pistol.

The issue is much bigger than guns in the library.

The issue is that the library refuses to follow state law. After being quietly informed that their continued harassment is unlawful, the board still refuses to comply with the laws of this state.

The library is owned by the city and the county, and these local units of government lack the authority to ban firearms.

People will continue to open carry in the library on a regular basis until the policy changes.

i still will after they change the policy,they are a part of my weekly routine now!

Mr.Giggles

No worries guys. Me and a few others currently have the says uncle post pinned down with what recourse does an 18-21 year old have other than a shotgun or rifle to defend himself/herself with??? They are getting pretty desperate....:banana:

Last edited:

UtahJarhead

Uncle isn't Anti-OC, Anti-2A, or Anti-gun in any way shape or form. Neither is Breda. Do you guys HONESTLY think it's a good idea to carry shotties into a controversial location in the HOPES to make a scene? There is no doubt in anybody's mind at ALL that being brazen, now matter how RIGHT they are, by carrying the shotguns into the library brought the wrong kind of attention to the cause. It goes along with the part where it's common sense to be more polite than normal when carrying.

We're trying to normalize the carrying of guns, not trying to shove it down peoples' throats.

For the record, you won't find anybody else that's more pro-2A than those 2, as well as the rest of the gun bloggers like them. Robb Allen, Tamara K, Roberta X, Caleb Giddings (from Top Shot), Alan from SnarkyBytes, and a whole list of others. I think you guys need to focus your efforts on those HURTING the OC movement than those that promote it.

Venator

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
Uncle isn't Anti-OC, Anti-2A, or Anti-gun in any way shape or form. Neither is Breda. Do you guys HONESTLY think it's a good idea to carry shotties into a controversial location in the HOPES to make a scene? There is no doubt in anybody's mind at ALL that being brazen, now matter how RIGHT they are, by carrying the shotguns into the library brought the wrong kind of attention to the cause. It goes along with the part where it's common sense to be more polite than normal when carrying.

We're trying to normalize the carrying of guns, not trying to shove it down peoples' throats.

For the record, you won't find anybody else that's more pro-2A than those 2, as well as the rest of the gun bloggers like them. Robb Allen, Tamara K, Roberta X, Caleb Giddings (from Top Shot), Alan from SnarkyBytes, and a whole list of others. I think you guys need to focus your efforts on those HURTING the OC movement than those that promote it.

I tend to agree, it would be like carrying a .44 magnum handgun into a library. Those things have brought down elephants in Africa for gods sake, no need to carry one of those. A .25 or .32 would be much more appropriate in a library setting, much more civilized.

Oops sorry, just noticed your avatar.:eek:

Rich B

I tend to agree, it would be like carrying a .44 magnum handgun into a library. Those things have brought down elephants in Africa for gods sake, no need to carry one of those. A .25 or .32 would be much more appropriate in a library setting, much more civilized.

And CERTAINLY we don't need any 30 round magazines!

B

Bikenut

Please explain why there is so much flack about which gun was used and where it was used when the staggeringly important thing is the simple fact that a unit of government.... a unit of government!... is blatantly violating State law? Why is it so hard to comprehend that the issue isn't the gun or the library but is holding the government to the same standard of obeying the law that us "little insignificant people" have to?

I can't understand why people don't realize that by us gun owners arguing amongst ourselves using the same arguments the anti gunners use!!! ... you know, sure you have the right to bear arms but just not around children, not where it might "offend" or "scare" someone, and only the kind that don't "offend" or "scare" but you can still bear arms.... is what is hurting the cause more than any one individual carrying a gun in a place some people think shouldn't be done.

Every time a gun owner/carrier offers up those kinds of arguments the anti's rejoice because the gun owner is doing their dirty work for them.

If folks really want to further the cause it would be advantageous to not allow the discussion to stray from the real issue of the library violating the law.....

Last edited by a moderator:

Rich B

The arguments they are using are the same ones we have all heard over and over. People will panic.

When was the last time someone actually experienced anyone panic because of their OC?

B

Bikenut

The problem Bikenut is they don't realize they have been brainwashed by the antigun hype of the last 40 years! And while they think they are 2A supporters they are really far from it!

My personal opinion:

"Ban all the guns in the world!" Says the rabid anti gunner.

"Ban all the guns you want except the ones I like." Says the anti gunner lite.

"Ban carrying guns by everyone except the police and military!" Says the rabid anti gunner.

"Only ban certain people, the one's I don't like, from carrying guns." Says the anti gunner lite.

"Do not allow anyone to carry a gun of any kind anywhere!" Says the rabid anti gunner.

"Only allow the kinds of guns I like to be carried in the way I like in the places I like... but especially not a scary gun in a library." Says the anti gunner lite.

Sad thing is... the anti gunner lite doesn't realize he is standing on the same side of the line in the sand that the rabid anti gunner is.

mudvr1212

Oh wow look at ALL the women and children running. Obama didn't even run from this protest, but let me guess...this man shouldn't have carried it there because the President could have been SCARED!!! :eek:

Attachments

• chris.jpg
    chris.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 205