Thread: Arizona SB1201 - we need something similar...

Arizona SB1201 - we need something similar...

http://www.azleg.gov/legtext/50leg/1r/bills/sb1201p.pdf

Allows lawsuits from people being illegally detained or prevented from carrying firearms, agencies must pay within 72 hours, if not, the citizen can... 'PAYMENT MAY BE SECURED BY SEIZURE AGAINST ANY MUNICIPAL
    VEHICLES USED OR OPERATED FOR THE BENEFIT OF ANY ELECTED OFFICEHOLDER IN THE
    APPROPRIATE POLITICAL SUBDIVISION.'

H. A PERSON WHO IS ADVERSELY AFFECTED BY ANY ORDINANCE, REGULATION,
    MEASURE, DIRECTIVE, RULE, ENACTMENT, ORDER OR POLICY THAT IS ENACTED OR
    ENFORCED IN VIOLATION OF THIS SECTION MAY FILE SUIT IN AN APPROPRIATE COURT
    FOR DECLARATIVE AND INJUNCTIVE RELIEF AND FOR ACTUAL AND CONSEQUENTIAL
    DAMAGES. THE COURT SHALL AWARD THE PREVAILING PLAINTIFF ATTORNEY FEES AND
    COSTS IN THE TRIAL AND APPELLATE COURTS. IF AN AWARD ORDERED PURSUANT TO
    THIS SUBSECTION IS NOT PAID WITHIN SEVENTY-TWO HOURS AFTER THE ORDER'S ENTRY
    AND PUBLICATION, PAYMENT MAY BE SECURED BY SEIZURE AGAINST ANY MUNICIPAL
    VEHICLES USED OR OPERATED FOR THE BENEFIT OF ANY ELECTED OFFICEHOLDER IN THE
    APPROPRIATE POLITICAL SUBDIVISION.

In addition, the bill states that if an officer/employee is responsible for it, and criminal charges ensue, the state will NOT provide a defense for them, so no state money spent on covering a workers ass.. Any violations by an officer/employee makes them an instant felon..

J. EXCEPT AS REQUIRED BY ARTICLE II, SECTION 24, CONSTITUTION OF
    ARIZONA OR THE SIXTH AMENDMENT TO THE UNITED STATES CONSTITUTION, THIS STATE
    OR ANY AGENCY OR POLITICAL SUBDIVISION OF THIS STATE SHALL NOT APPROPRIATE OR
    SPEND PUBLIC MONIES TO DEFEND ANY PERSON WHO IS CHARGED WITH A VIOLATION OF
    SUBSECTION K OF THIS SECTION.
    K. AN EMPLOYEE, OFFICIAL, DESIGNEE OR OTHER PERSON WHO IS ACTING IN
    THE PERSON'S OFFICIAL CAPACITY ON BEHALF OF THIS STATE OR ANY AGENCY OR
    POLITICAL SUBDIVISION OF THIS STATE AND WHO KNOWINGLY VIOLATES ANY PROVISION
    OF THIS SECTION IS GUILTY OF A CLASS 5 FELONY AND THE VIOLATION IS CAUSE FOR
    IMMEDIATE TERMINATION OF THE PERSON'S EMPLOYMENT OR CONTRACT OR, IF THE
    PERSON WAS APPOINTED BY THE GOVERNOR, REMOVAL FROM OFFICE BY THE GOVERNOR.

I don't see it gaining traction, but god bless them for trying....

Strategy

Sometimes simply introducing a bill like this every year, over and over and the resulting media coverage and dialog can persuade the populace. Introduce this bill for the next 10 years in a row and eventually the concept becomes ingrained in the community and then is accepted. It is well worth the effort if you can start the dialog.
    Live Free or Die!

Sounds good to me... I don't see it happening but would be really cool if it did happen here in WA...

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    Interesting......
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

Man I am going to miss Arizona. I'm moving up to Washington full time later this year. It's nice to live in a state where my rights are not questioned. The dumbest question I get here is : "is that a glock?"

Quote Originally Posted by acmariner99 View Post
    Man I am going to miss Arizona. I'm moving up to Washington full time later this year. It's nice to live in a state where my rights are not questioned. The dumbest question I get here is : "is that a glock?"
    Don't forget your "Spanish". You'll be needing it more and more up here. Where do you think all the "undocumented's" went when AZ cracked down? We also give them Drivers's Licenses here without proof of legal residency.
    "If I shoot all the ammo I am carrying I either won't need anymore or more won't help"

"If you refuse to stand up for others now, who will stand up for you when your time comes?"

Quote Originally Posted by amlevin View Post
    Don't forget your "Spanish". You'll be needing it more and more up here. Where do you think all the "undocumented's" went when AZ cracked down? We also give them Drivers's Licenses here without proof of legal residency.
    And money to live on too.

(In no way is this a reflection against, those of Hispanic heritage in general)

"Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their

Quote Originally Posted by sudden valley gunner View Post
    And money to live on too.

(In no way is this a reflection against, those of Hispanic heritage in general)
    Certainly not those who live and work here legally.
    "If I shoot all the ammo I am carrying I either won't need anymore or more won't help"

"If you refuse to stand up for others now, who will stand up for you when your time comes?"

I don't like anyone who continually lives off other peoples money, regardless of skin color.

Why am I leaving Arizona again? Oh, wait - yeah got a good job and it pays well. Not easy to come by straight out of college these days. Oh well, Ill get back to the freedom loving southwest at some point. Slightly off topic here but Ill need a place out in the woods somewhere (North or East of Bellevue/Everett area) to go "vent some frustration" of sorts - particularly with some distance (2-300 yards). PM me. I have several excellent shooting spots here in Arizona and I'm not looking forward to leaving them behind. But Ill be bringing my freedom loving self to Washington so ...

Quote Originally Posted by acmariner99 View Post
    Why am I leaving Arizona again? Oh, wait - yeah got a good job and it pays well. Not easy to come by straight out of college these days. Oh well, Ill get back to the freedom loving southwest at some point. Slightly off topic here but Ill need a place out in the woods somewhere (North or East of Bellevue/Everett area) to go "vent some frustration" of sorts - particularly with some distance (2-300 yards). PM me. I have several excellent shooting spots here in Arizona and I'm not looking forward to leaving them behind. But Ill be bringing my freedom loving self to Washington so ...
    Go out to Darrington. In some ways it's still the 1800's out there. At least when it comes to going out in the woods and shooting. Carefull you don't run into someone "cookin' up some corn squeezin's" though.

Go out to Darrington. In some ways it's still the 1800's out there. At least when it comes to going out in the woods and shooting. Carefull you don't run into someone "cookin' up some corn squeezin's" though.
    They cook up more than corn squeezin's out there.
    "A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity."

"though I walk through the valley in the shadow of death, I fear no evil, for I know that you are by my side" Glock 23:40

Quote Originally Posted by joeroket View Post
    They cook up more than corn squeezin's out there.
    That's what I was thinking, something with Pseudophed and propane.

Quote Originally Posted by sudden valley gunner View Post
    That's what I was thinking, something with Pseudophed and propane.
    Nah! That's what they do over near Sultan.

Nah! That's what they do over near Sultan.
    I thought that was Granite Falls? Ain't they still the "something with Pseudophed and propane" capitol of the country?
    It is very wise to not take a watermelon lightly.

Quote Originally Posted by Metalhead47 View Post
    I thought that was Granite Falls? Ain't they still the "something with Pseudophed and propane" capitol of the country?
    I thought it was Yelm.
    No right is held more sacred, or is more carefully guarded, by the common law than the right of every individual to the possession and control of his own person, free from all restraint or interference of others, unless by clear and unquestionable authority of law. Union Pacific Rail Co. vs Botsford as quoted in Terry v Ohio.

Talk to your cats about catnip - before it's too late.

It's everywhere, it has replaced bootlegging, see what malum prohibitum laws do.