Thread: Massad Ayoob's Best Article

Massad Ayoob's Best Article

Article.

I've read many of his articles, and have always been impressed by both his knowledge and common-sense. He may not advocate open carry, but that's likely due to the fact nearly all law enforcement officers who carried off-duty carried concealed.

In the meantime, this remains, in my opinion, one of his best articles, as it underscores the deterrent value to a society by ensuring its populace remains armed.
    The First protects the Second, and the Second protects the First. Together, they protect the rest of our Bill of Rights and our United States Constitution, and help We the People protect ourselves in the spirit of our Declaration of Independence.

Banned
    Ayoob is pro-OC. His support is a bit tepid, though.

http://glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1310928

Quote Originally Posted by eye95 View Post
    Ayoob is pro-OC. His support is a bit tepid, though.

http://glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1310928
    It was a good read but its either you support OC 100% or not at all.
    -I come in peace, I didn't bring artillery. But I am pleading with you with tears in my eyes: If you screw with me, I'll kill you all.
    -Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.
    Marine General James Mattis,

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by zack991 View Post
    I hope that my support of OC is up to your standards. However, I am afraid that, at most, I'd earn a 99.44%.

*frets*

He thinks OC should be lawful in all 50 States. It is not his preferred method of carry. I'll get over it.

I hope that my support of OC is up to your standards. However, I am afraid that, at most, I'd earn a 99.44%.

*frets*

He thinks OC should be lawful in all 50 States. It is not his preferred method of carry. I'll get over it.
    You know what I am saying that people cant be picky and choosy on it, its either a yes or a no. A person can not agree with it based on baseless conditions before a person is allowed to exercise their rights.
    Last edited by zack991; 02-16-2011 at 09:13 PM.
    -I come in peace, I didn't bring artillery. But I am pleading with you with tears in my eyes: If you screw with me, I'll kill you all.
    -Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.
    Marine General James Mattis,

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar

*frets*

Mas has come around considerably in recent years. In the past he made many of the typical "CC only" crowd responses. I'm glad to see it because I have a lot of respect for the man.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Quote Originally Posted by zack991 View Post
    I tend to agree. If it's uncovered, do you support it? Do you not?

Mssr Ayoob, call me Or e-mail me. We have a lot in common, but we also have a lot to talk about.
    The First protects the Second, and the Second protects the First. Together, they protect the rest of our Bill of Rights and our United States Constitution, and help We the People protect ourselves in the spirit of our Declaration of Independence.

Quote Originally Posted by since9 View Post
    impressed by both his knowledge and common-sense. He may not advocate open carry
    Not mutually compatible. You cannot have "impressive" knowledge and common sense as an RKBA advocate AND not advocate a form of RKBA which is completely lawful and peaceable or not acknowledge that it IS tactically superior in some circumstances.

If he has any of the latter, he does not have the former.
    "The principle of self-defense, even involving weapons and bloodshed, has never been condemned, even by Gandhi . . ."--Dr. Martin Luther King Jr

“He who cannot protect himself or his nearest and dearest or their honor by non-violently facing death, may and ought to do so by violently dealing with the oppressor. He who can do neither of the two is a burden.”--M. K. Gandhi

"First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win." --M. K. Gandhi

If you are ever involved in a defensive shooting with an over zealous prosecutor, you could do much worse than to have Mas testify in your behalf, but likely could find none better.

One of the most highly recognized experts in the field and is so certified by countless courts. He speaks in terms that both judge and jurors can understand.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

Quote Originally Posted by DanM View Post
    Not mutually compatible. You cannot have "impressive" knowledge and common sense as an RKBA advocate AND not advocate a form of RKBA which is completely lawful and peaceable or not acknowledge that it IS tactically superior in some circumstances.

If he has any of the latter, he does not have the former.

"not advocate" does not mean "advocate against", which you seem to be assuming. Or maybe I'm reading you wrong...

He hasn't waved an OC flag, but he hasn't torn one down, either. Not that I've seen...

One could argue 'when good men do nothing,' But he doesn't do nothing, either... Just nothing for OC.
    "The fourth man's dark, accusing song had scratched our comfort hard and long..."
    http://edhelper.com/poetry/The_Hangm...rice_Ogden.htm

https://gunthreadadapters.com

"Be not intimidated ... nor suffer yourselves to be wheedled out of your Liberties by any pretense of Politeness, Delicacy, or Decency. These, as they are often used, are but three different names for Hypocrisy, Chicanery, and Cowardice." - John Adams

Tyranny with Manners is still Tyranny.

When we look for allies that are 100% in agreement with our own personal philosophies of the moment, we might just find ourselves standing alone. My methodology is to find common ground and to build on that wherever and whenever possible.

To be my friend does not require that you endorse all of my tenants, but primarily that you accept and support my right to choose, and do not actively work in opposition to my beliefs.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post
    When we look for allies that are 100% in agreement with our own personal philosophies of the moment, we might just find ourselves standing alone. My methodology is to find common ground and to build on that wherever and whenever possible.

To be my friend does not require that you endorse all of my tenants, but primarily that you accept and support my right to choose, and do not actively work in opposition to my beliefs.
    Wisdom.