Thread: xd and xdm sights.

xd and xdm sights.

are xd and xdm sights interchangeable. i got some nice sights for my xd. considering geting an xdm, and wanted to know if i could transfer them to the xdm.

I'd suggest calling your local gunsmith.
    "They don't give a damn about any trumpet playing band
    It ain't what they call rock and roll
    And the Sultans...
    Yeah the Sultans, they play Creole"

OCDO Member
    NCGO Member

I'm quite sure that they are interchangeable. In fact, a friend of mine just had Springfield install Trijicon sights on his Service XD & the Springfield rep said the sights they used for his gun were the same that go on the XDMs.

It may be a better buy to purchase another set of night sights (opticsplanet.com has good prices) to install on the XDM and leave your XD as it is. You have to buy a second set of sights, but you only have to pay a gunsmith to remove & reinstall sights on one gun rather than two.

The Trijicon sights are the same for XD and XDm, they are model sp01

http://www.trijicon.com/na_en/produc...tns.php?mid=17

ok thanks for the info.

They are likely interchangeable.

I had Truglo Tritium sights installed on my XDM. I like them better than the original sights. I find that the either front sight is narrower of the rear sights further apart crating a bit of white space between them and helps my aim.

Also a friend pointed out that getting the Fiber Optic front sight reduced the distance between front and rear sight making aiming more difficult. I went with the tritium sights only.
    What part of "shall not be infringed" do *they* not understand?

Quote Originally Posted by Super Trucker View Post
    The Trijicon sights are the same for XD and XDm, they are model sp01

http://www.trijicon.com/na_en/produc...tns.php?mid=17
    The sights linked are the ones I have on my XD 40 Subcompact and they work great, but Springfield recently began using an updated Trijicon sight with a different profile for many of the XDs & XDMs. Either sight will work on any XD, it's just personal preference.

Springfield also offers other brands of tritium sights for their in-house sight swaps. I chose to buy my Trijicon sights from opticsplanet.com and had them installed locally because I didn't want to pay Springfield's premium rate plus shipping. Finding a local smith to do the job can be difficult, however.

Quote Originally Posted by billv View Post
    They are likely interchangeable.

I had Truglo Tritium sights installed on my XDM. I like them better than the original sights. I find that the either front sight is narrower of the rear sights further apart crating a bit of white space between them and helps my aim.

Also a friend pointed out that getting the Fiber Optic front sight reduced the distance between front and rear sight making aiming more difficult. I went with the tritium sights only.

thats what i got, the truglo fiber optic night sights, i havent had an issue with the fiber optics being closer. but thats personal, others it could i sure. but yah i like the truglo sights. i hate to upgrade to an xdm ifi cant put themm on them, or have to buy another one.

Regular Member protect our rights's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cbpeck View Post
    I'm quite sure that they are interchangeable. In fact, a friend of mine just had Springfield install Trijicon sights on his Service XD & the Springfield rep said the sights they used for his gun were the same that go on the XDMs.

Did your friend say how much he payed for Springfield to install his new sights?
    "Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself. They are the American people's liberty teeth and keystone under independence ... From the hour the Pilgrims landed, to the present day, events, occurrences, and tendencies prove that to insure peace, security and happiness, the rifle and pistol are equally indispensable . . . The very atmosphere of firearms everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that is good" - George Washington

Quote Originally Posted by protect our rights View Post
    Did your friend say how much he payed for Springfield to install his new sights?
    About $120. He got Springfield to pay shipping both ways because of an unrelated issue, but typically you have to pay shipping to them and they'll cover it on the way back. It's always cheaper to send the slide than the whole gun, btw.

Regular Member protect our rights's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cbpeck View Post
    About $120. He got Springfield to pay shipping both ways because of an unrelated issue, but typically you have to pay shipping to them and they'll cover it on the way back. It's always cheaper to send the slide than the whole gun, btw.
    Thank you.
    "Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself. They are the American people's liberty teeth and keystone under independence ... From the hour the Pilgrims landed, to the present day, events, occurrences, and tendencies prove that to insure peace, security and happiness, the rifle and pistol are equally indispensable . . . The very atmosphere of firearms everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that is good" - George Washington