• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

A Message from Congresswoman Renee Ellmers

Northerner

Received via e-mail RE: Bans on high capacity magazines
February 10, 2011

Mr. XXXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXXXXX
Clayton, NC 27527-9775

Dear XXXX:

Thank you for taking the time to contact me and giving me the chance to respond. It is an honor to serve the people of North Carolina here in Washington, D.C., and your communication is a vital part of our legislative process.

The shooting of Rep. Giffords and others in Tucson, AZ, is a senseless tragedy and my thoughts and prayers are with the victims and their families. As a nation we must take thoughtful steps to ensure that this never happens again. Many have used this tragedy as a platform to push for further gun reform. In fact, the evidence has shown that it was an isolated incident, and thus further restricting Second Amendment rights is not an appropriate response.

To that end, I am opposed to any measures that would impose further limitations on the right to bear arms. I stand behind our Constitution and the fundamental rights the Second Amendment affords all Americans.

Again, thank you for contacting me; I hope you will continue to do so as we work to address the serious issues impacting our great nation. If you would like more information on issues important to North Carolina and the Second Congressional District, or to sign up for my newsletter, please visit my website at http://ellmers.house.gov.

Sincerely,
Renee Ellmers
Member of Congress

RE/PS

Last edited: