• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

What happened to the "List your OC experiences here" thread?

autosurgeon

Grab it off the wayback machine and possibly it could be reposted in some way.... just thinking out loud.

I am not going to blame John for an honest mistake as I have accidentally done the same on forums I moderate.

Sent from my Droid Flipside using Tapatalk

StingMP9

Madison Hts-Carry M&P9mm CPL/NRA mem, Michigan, US
Import

Two things:

1) He has been banned.

2) I screwed up ... I thought I had only deleted his post but I must have deleted the thread instead. I apologize profusely. Unfortunately, there is no easy way to get back such a thread. :banghead:

John

Might I suggest that for starters try importing that thread from the old forum site if it were to still exist, then at least you would have just an old back up here again that would lose the posts only from the time of the forum transfer through today's incident. (It could be a locked thread for historical use only)

Michigander

A couple of thoughts, for what they are worth since I'm no computer genius.

I am just about positive that since Internet Brands is the parent company that oversees v bulliten, that they could be pestered to try to get the thread back. They are a really huge company with the worlds best forum resources, so it may be worth contacting them directly to ask for help in reinstating the thread. I am just about certain they are making money from this forum, so I would call it their job to help.

Failing that, I believe those who are good with google fu can use the way back machine and even maybe google cache to dig up old posts. If the whole thing can be looked up this way, it should merely be posted at the beginning of the new thread.

eastmeyers

Best I could find is 2008

http://web.archive.org/web/20080526065920/opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum30/

I didn't go through all the pages to find the thread, it was before sticky's. Good luck! It will be missing a couple hundred pages though.

ETA: LOL, when the thread was deleted, it took down eveyone's thread count that ever posted in the thread. Check it out, I was at like 1,010. Now I'm at exactly 1,000 again. WOW

Last edited:

PDinDetroit