Thread: OC @ Wal-Mart?

OC @ Wal-Mart?

I know this might have been brought up before, but I just saw this on Fox News. Apparently Wal-Mart has a policy where their workers are to "retreat" when they are aware of a weapon on a shopper. Does this mean we cannot OC at Wal-Mart, or are we allowed to and they run when they see us coming? Here's a breif story of what I read this morning: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2011/02/16...est=latestnews
    IT is better to have a gun on you and NOT need it, than to need a gun and NOT have it on you...

Quote Originally Posted by DooFster View Post
    I know this might have been brought up before, but I just saw this on Fox News. Apparently Wal-Mart has a policy where their workers are to "retreat" when they are aware of a weapon on a shopper. Does this mean we cannot OC at Wal-Mart, or are we allowed to and they run when they see us coming? Here's a breif story of what I read this morning: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2011/02/16...est=latestnews
    I've UOC'ed at Walmart in Santee multiple times and i never even got a second look. Have gone to the ammo counter to window shop and spoke with employees throughout the store.
    Last edited by Born2Lose; 02-17-2011 at 09:24 AM.
    "If I don't have my pistol, I feel sort of naked." -Unosuke Gunfighter in the movie Yojimbo

I would speculate that based on the fact that this writing is encased within the company’s “Investigation and Detention of Shoplifters Policy,” that the policy to 'retreat' is intended only for those circumstances where employees are attempting to confront a suspected shoplifter.

Quote Originally Posted by jdholmes
    ... intended only for those circumstances where employees are attempting to confront a suspected shoplifter.
    Great... they have a written policy saying that criminals aren't to be bothered, & employees who break it (even to save their own lives) get fired,
    while their corporate policy allowing peaceful citizens (who happen to be armed) to shop unmolested gets violated frequently, with impunity.

I've read another thread about this incident, & the problem with the policy is that the criminal was already detained in the office before they knew he was armed. He drew the gun from concealement & threatened them to try to escape custody. Since there were people between him & the door, & nowhere to go, they really didn't have a choice but to fight with him to save their lives.

Fireing people for self-preservation is wrong.
    One more reason I don't shop at WalMart (unless it's the ONLY place I can find whatever it is I'm looking for, which is rare).
    Quote Originally Posted by MLK, Jr
    The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort & convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge & controversy.
    Quote Originally Posted by MSG Laigaie
    Citizenship is a verb.
    Quote Originally Posted by Proverbs 27:12
    A prudent person foresees the danger ahead and takes precautions.
    The simpleton goes blindly on and suffers the consequences.
    Quote Originally Posted by Proverbs 31:17
    She dresses herself with strength and makes her arms strong.

Walmart follows state law. End of story.

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pullnshoot25 View Post
    Walmart follows state law. End of story.
    Yep I got a heartfelt apology and a more than welcome to carry into any Wal-mart by the manager of my local Wal-mart, when his employees had asked me to leave.
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)