• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

A lady in Texas

tim46311

A great post and Lady.
Received: Wednesday, 16 February, 2011, 11:16 AM
>
> Knocks one out of the park! I personally feel I have THE right
> to protect myself and my family and I DO NOT need a license
> from anyone to accomplish that
> aim. This lady sums it up perfectly at the end of her testimony.
>
> WOW!!!!! Here's a video that I guarantee you won't forget
> anytime soon! She didn't cry, although she came close to
> losing it, and she gave those a reality check they dearly
> needed.
> Texas girl, Judy Dorsett Tyler, had the encroachment on her
> second amendment rights so graphically illustrated. The
> honorable senator from New York , Chuck Schumer, was
> getting a little uncomfortable in his chair. The room was
> absolutely dead quiet throughout her testimony and the gun
> banners (meaning Senators who want to BAN citizens'
> ownership of all guns) absolutely speechless as this little
> Texas gal chews them up and spits them out. She knows what
> the 2nd amendment is really all about. Watch it. You will be
> glad you did. And pass it along.
>
> http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-4069761537893819675

MKEgal

Welcome to OCDO.
You'll find that Suzanna Hupp is well-known here.
And yes, she's a wonderful gal.
She also spent some time as a state senator (IIRC), & travels to testify against anti-rights legislation.

CalicoJack10

Thats one of teh video's I posted on WAVE's facebook page. They didnt like it so the deleted it and banned me from making further comment. :(

eye95

That video is a wonderful discovery for new members. I wouldn't mind if a new thread were started every week for that testimony. That last bit about who we ultimately will need to defend ourselves from is priceless.

I always wondered whether that hearing was from Schumer's time in the House or the Senate. It seems old enough to be Congressman Schumer.

mark-in-texas

Oh Yeah!! VERY smart, well spoken lady! She was an MD at the time of the Luby's shooting; don't know if she still is or retired. She got in to the Texas legilature because of it and helped draft the Texas CHL law (BTW. vetoed by Gov Anne Richards(D) and then signed by Gov George Bush(R)!!) I almost moved to her district so I could vote for her. She's out of politics now and I wish her well.

bushwacker

yeah I was passing by killeen when that happened and at that time lubys would not have allowed you to have a gun in their place, and after that they put the word out that they now welcome you to carry your gun. now lubys gets it how come we have elected officials that don.t:eek: ..looks like what we have here is a failure to communicate.:banghead:

MITCH

A Lady in Texas

I tried to pass the video on to others and it won't load for them. The messwage they go was that it's too new and in the process of loading.
The Pols wouldn't block that would they???, nah, they're to honest huh?
Mitch

eye95

The video is all over the 'Net. Do a search on Suzanna Gratia Hupp's name, and you'll be able to find dozens of copies of the video to watch.

nonameisgood

Actually, she is a DC, not an MD. Part of the reason people like her could not carry was that she would have lost her license if convicted of carrying a handgun (there was absolutely no legal way no carry in Texas at the time). Many people might chance it, but not if your livelihood depends on not getting caught.

tim46311

It' been awhile

Just can't understand that still we have those that roadblock law abiding citizens from CC or OC.

bushwacker

We're communicating just fine. What we have are people in power who are incapable of listening to or accepting the facts.

the failure to communicate is that they just don't seem to be reached and if they don't listen communication fails....your right about us communicating just fine

Last edited:

Evil Tyler Durden

Crummy California the most unfair state in the uni
That was by far one of the best videos I have seen in recent time. In all honesty, what we need to do is ban politicians and take back our country. I hope the so called event of 2012 is really when we the citizens of the US actually have a massive uprising and remove/eliminate any and all bad politicians in any office of government.

Savage206

yes I have seen this video many times. Heart wrenching testimony. I always found it odd that this happened in Texas until I found out how strict their gun laws actually are. It's weird how there is this huge misconception with anyone that doesn't own a gun, that Texas is this crazy "wild west" state where everyone totes around a wheel gun on their hip.

Heres the plan guys. All we have to do is get everyone who supports gun rights to move to the outlying, border states and then we will have them all surrounded.... ;) :banana:

since9

Campaign Veteran
yeah I was passing by killeen when that happened and at that time lubys would not have allowed you to have a gun in their place, and after that they put the word out that they now welcome you to carry your gun.

Good for Luby's! If there were one in town, I'd have lunch there tomorrow!

now lubys gets it how come we have elected officials that don.t

The elected officials who don't get it either have never been in that situation, or are incapable of thinking through what being in that situation would be like.

...looks like what we have here is a failure to communicate.:banghead:

Nope. We've communicated just fine. What we have here is a failure to comprehend.

silver

yes I have seen this video many times. Heart wrenching testimony. I always found it odd that this happened in Texas until I found out how strict their gun laws actually are. It's weird how there is this huge misconception with anyone that doesn't own a gun, that Texas is this crazy "wild west" state where everyone totes around a wheel gun on their hip.

yes it rather surprising how strict texas actually is, i was actually almost shocked when i looked it up. I cant imagine how it got that way, i never thought the citizens would allow it

Heres the plan guys. All we have to do is get everyone who supports gun rights to move to the outlying, border states and then we will have them all surrounded.... ;) :banana:

true, but that would also be like fighing a 4 front war. lets start a t the top and work our way down. Idaho and Montana anyone?

SFCRetired

Very moving testimony about a tragedy that could easily have been averted.

FWIW, the politicians that keep trying to trample on our rights are playing one simple game: Power.

If the people are armed and capable of resisting tyranny, that encroaches on their power and they know it.

Just remember this: A people that does not learn the lessons of history is doomed to repeat that history. If we do not take a long, hard look at where some, both uber rich and politicians, are trying to take us and take massive steps to prevent them, then we deserve what we get.

Disclaimer: Nothing in what I said above should be construed as advocating the violent overthrow of the government. It should be construed as advocating citizens voting to take back the dream of our Founding Fathers.

silver

Agreed all fighting and blood shed should be an absolute last last last resort. hopefully we can take this country back on paper rather than on the backs of bullets. I for one do not want to be fighting fellow americans.

however, should the day come (and i pray to god it doesn't) where the order comes out of the office of his royal majesty to remove all arms from the hands of citizens, i will be fighting to the death to keep my rights and i hope any american worth his salt will join me.

papa bear

I remember the first time i found this video. i thought could anyone argue with this logic? i now direct people to it, because it says more than i ever could

here is a letter of a similar situation that NCGR has on their site

http://grnc.org/restaurantcarry.htm

Suzann Hupp has another video on youtube where she is speaking at a public event. i love the line she uses about her legislator not trusting her to defend herself (or ourselves)