• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Good OC Experiance

trooper46

I thought I'd post this since we don't often get too many positive experiances posted on OC. Feel free to post if you've had a recent good experiance.

I was taking my laundry to the main office at our apartment complex a few days ago (our complex has a coin laundry room), at the time I was OCing my 92fs Beretta as usual. As I was leaving I passed a couple of the staff who were taking a break and the lady in charge of the office calls me over and in a jesting tone says "oh xxxx , you scared the bejezes out of some people yesterday". The day before I had come to the office to pick up some packages and I do remember two people she had in her office giving me some serious eye-balling, I thought one was about shirt himself. One of them said "Uh..why does he have a gun?". Her knowing me, she first tried to blow it off by saying "oh he's in the military". But they actually pressed saying "Yea, but why does he have a gun? He shouldn't be carrying one around like that." in a rather holophobic tone.

Anyway, I thought "oh boy, here we go". So my first instinct was to be diplomatic and I said "I hope it didn't cause to lose buisness or interfere if you were trying to make a sale".

That was when she replied "Oh no, don't worry about, YOU are not the one with the problem, THEY are the ones with the problem." She then stated she just thought it was so funny that they were so intimidated, because I'm useally a soft-spoken and gentle person. I laughed and told her that anyone who can legally possess a firearm can carry one in the open. I also mentioned that the concealed license was fairly easy to get as well.

I was very touched by their tolerance and unexpected support of our rights in spite of the fact it may have upset new customers.

robin.kevin

I still just don't understand why firearms scare people like the do... Having grown up around firearms I really don't think to much of it other then usually looking to see what type of sidearm they are carrying.

If people would stop and think... Someone with bad intentions will try to hide those intentions. Someone who has good intentions, has nothing to hide.

UnfetteredMight

I still just don't understand why firearms scare people like the do... Having grown up around firearms I really don't think to much of it other then usually looking to see what type of sidearm they are carrying.

If people would stop and think... Someone with bad intentions will try to hide those intentions. Someone who has good intentions, has nothing to hide.

Logic----Liberal mind
Water---Oil