Thread: How's this for normal.

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar

How's this for normal.

Had a building inspection yesterday, inspector showed up not even a second glance or furtive look at my gun. Being a rather large project he was there for some time, although I have had inspections with this inspector before they had been before I started OC'ing.

One of the only comments was jeez Rob you sure don't like to leave things for me to find do ya?

Nothing about the gun, no looks, no nervousness, no sideway glances. It was as if my firearm was just an ordinary accessory that I would always wear, like a shirt or pants. As it should be.
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

It's also possible he had tunnel vision. There's a guy that I see almost everyday at the dog park and we've talked guns a number of times before. But just last week, I come down and he goes, "Hey! You're packin'!" (in a that's cool tone of voice). It's amazing what people fail to notice.

Either way though, it's good. You're not in the guy's face about it (Hey! Look at me I'm so cool because I've got a cool tool!") and he didn't notice...or he saw it for what it was and didn't care. Win-win.
    Last edited by skiingislife725; 02-17-2011 at 12:15 PM.

We had sunshine yesterday and I shed any extra layers of clothing I had. I don't think he missed it especially when I walked ahead of him up stairs . And knelt beside him going over plans, and the black Glock contrasts nicely against a red shirt. Plus this is one of the inspectors know for not missing things and having a keen eye for detail.

I know what you mean though, I have seen that same reaction.

"Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their

Red face ocing at the fredmeyer

Been living out here in Port Orchard almost 11 years been ocing the whole time. One of the pharmacy techs at Fred Meyer noticed the Washington Gun Rights Pamphlet in my hip pocket and asked me if I was studying law. So I handed them the brochure, and then and only then they noticed I was packing and said I never noticed you carry a weapon. I have been going there at least 2 times a month for the last 10 plus years. Good encounter.

We ran a thread all about this about a year or so ago. Cell phones, PDAs and other items such as leather-man tools have become so ubiquitous on people's belts these days that I'm sure a pistol is commonly just dismissed as one or more of these quite often.

I have had similar experiences from people that I have had weekly or monthly interactions with.

best one I"ve ever had was as follows:
    Daughter & I go into the store to do some shopping
    My 5.7 is openly carried on my right side.
    Daughter is walking on my right
    AFTER we checkout, approached by store manager & we have a discussion in which I politely inform him of state law with regards to open carry, also presented him with gun rights brochure & training bulletins..store manager apologizes for delaying me & we leave
    As we're leaving, my daughter looks at me & says, dang, dad, I didn't even know you had it on!

Quote Originally Posted by 5jeffro7 View Post
    best one I"ve ever had was as follows:
    Daughter & I go into the store to do some shopping
    My 5.7 is openly carried on my right side.
    Daughter is walking on my right
    AFTER we checkout, approached by store manager & we have a discussion in which I politely inform him of state law with regards to open carry, also presented him with gun rights brochure & training bulletins..store manager apologizes for delaying me & we leave
    As we're leaving, my daughter looks at me & says, dang, dad, I didn't even know you had it on!
    My daughter's have done the same....

A very good budy did not notice after 2 hours of shopping at Cabela's...
    Live Free or Die!

I've been open carrying for three years now I still find as long as you act normal the majority of the time no one notices the big gun on your hip. Proves me point most people are sheep
    "Fight like you train, train like you fight"

Nothings normal with SVG until he puts on those flip flops!!!!

Glock and a flip flop!!!

Been harassed by the police? Yelled at by the anti-gun neighbors? Mother doesn't approve?

Then this is the place for you! Click here to get back at them!

Quote Originally Posted by GreenIsFaster View Post

Glock and a flip flop!!!
    Glock brand polymer framed flip-flops...

Glock-Flops!
    Quote Originally Posted by SayWhat View Post

Shooters before hooters.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenIsFaster View Post

Glock and a flip flop!!!
    You know it!!!!