• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

List Your Open Carry Experiences Here

Michigander

4 activists from Virginia I knew only from the internet and one from phone calls died on their way to meet up with and work with my organization.

http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/showthread.php?129387-open-carry-group-killed

The rather small and close knit oc for liberty community has lost 4 very good friends, and hundreds of family members and friends are crushed with grief. It is an amazingly sad day.

Rest easy my friends, I know I speak for freedom lovers worldwide when I say we will see your work through until our hearts stop beating.

Last edited:
B

Bikenut

OC'd today at ..

Bob Roy's barbershop in Chesaning. Quite a few folks were there ahead of me and no one batted an eye nor said anything about my sidearm.

Beacon & Bridge gas station to fill up my new Chevy Sonic that is averaging 33+ mpg (needed a daily driver car to keep the miles off my Camaro) and no one blinked an eye there either.

Just another uneventful day of carrying a sidearm in plain sight out amongst the public. A public that doesn't care.... as it should be.

B

Bikenut

OC'd today at:

Dollar General in Montrose....

Family Dollar in Montrose....
where there were no problems at all...

and then Wal Mart in Clio where a Wal Mart associate came up to help bag the purchases and asked if my sidearm was a .40. And that started a fantastic conversation where I learned the lady carries a Springfield XD 40 both concealed and openly. I just love those impromptu conversations started by nothing more than my sidearm (sure ain't my good looks!) and this one made my day.

Scooter

Oc'd a few days ago at Hobby Lobby, Dunhams and Wal-Mart in Monroe. No problem. Looking forward to warmer weather for more OCing!
:)

B

Bikenut

OC'd yesterday at Bare's in St. Charles as I bought the Kel Tec PMR 30 I've been waiting over 2 years for. Took it to the range today and it is a hoot to shoot! Whole lot of fun to rip off 30 shots as fast as I can pull the trigger. Now I need to buy more Speers Gold Dot .22WMR because the gun loves that ammo. In fact.. I might go broke feeding that PMR 30.

I like income tax refunds! I now own a new Mossy .410 pump, a Ruger SR22, and the PMR 30.

Ok.... enough off topic stuff... -grin-

B

Bikenut

OC'd today at:

Wal Mart and Hick's Outdoors in Clio

and

Dick Williams Gun shop in Spaulding Twp.

No issues anywhere... exactly as those few brave souls who started OCing in MI. envisioned it could, should, and would, be. You guys know who you are... and thank you.

jeffrey-r

Standing out front of my open garage having a cigarette. Dude comes walking down the street (on my left), young guy with a backpack and headphones. He goes "Hey man, got a smoke?" I say sure, one sec it's inside. I grab my pack and come back out. As I give him one he goes "Man, what's with the heat?" I tell him "I'm always armed." "Cool." I give him a light, he says thanks, and walks off.

Just thought it was kind of funny. (For location context, it's an open street like between a bunch of condos, dude was just walking home from somewhere, didn't perceive it as any sort of setup or anything.)

In other news, OCed to Discount Tire to get my summer tires put on, and at the dealership to buy a lugnut since they stripped one. No issues.

Last edited:

DeSchaine

OC'd at Southwicks Gun Store in Plainwell today. Picked up some ammo and browsed. Nice place. Well set up and clean. Staff was very professional, courteous and actually talked to my mother instead of me about the .380 she wants to buy.

B

Bikenut

Ordinarily I OC a black Glock in a black holster wearing black clothing so I'm not surprised when folks don't notice I'm carrying. But I recently got a new Kel Tec PMR30 (holds 30 + 1 rounds of .22mag) and a holster for it. While the holster is black the KEL TEC's titanium finish stands out more against my black clothing than the Glock ever did.... but guess what? No one much cared as I OC today at:

Wal Mart and K Mart in Clio...

Wal Mart on Corunna Rd. in Flint...

And Beacon & Bridge for gas near Montrose...

Just another day taking care of mundane errands....

Last edited by a moderator: