• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

List Your Open Carry Experiences Here

smellslikemichigan

Campaign Veteran
It's been an amazing past two weekends. First we get coverage from hundreds of worldwide news outlets for being ocers protesting islamophobia, then the next weekend we return to Muskegon where a year ago we were criminally drawn on and detained by a cpl instructor cop. This time around we had experienced activists from 4 states accompanying us and between that and a quarter million youtube views of the stop, and whadayaknow, they left us alone.

After that we headed to grand rapids, just days after their pd had yet again harassed an ocer, and yet again the cops opted to leave us alone. Oddly though mlive heard about us through the scanner and chased us down.

After that we went back home and the out of staters met up with some Indiana folks for a Gary walk which went well.

Definitely an exciting time for open carry related activism. Definitely happy to have helped create what moc was, and even happier to have been kicked out for still being an open carry activist.

sounds like a great time!

Liberty-or-Death

Makes me kinda wish l lived in MI, but I swore never to make that mistake again. I'm too much of a southerner.

We just don't have such activity here in VA.

taxman

Banned
Makes me kinda wish l lived in MI, but I swore never to make that mistake again. I'm too much of a southerner.

We just don't have such activity here in VA.

You can always strap on your pink AR and walk into DC. If things get too hot, tell them you're a courier delivering Cathy Lanier's birthday present.

taxman

Banned
My what? To whom?

Everybody needs an AR with bright pink stocks. It's the latest in OC protest march fashion trends.

Lanier is the venomously anti-gun police chief of DC. She'll break a resident's door down and have him arrested for possession of an unregistered 12ga shell.

Last edited:

DeSchaine

Went under arms to Duncan Aviation for the arrival of Master Sergeant Gregory Khuse, killed in a chopper crash last week in Afghanistan. It was a nice turnout. Lots of people lined Portage Rd. outside the airport.

Michigander

Evil Creamsicle and I had a great time yesterday teaching 4 people live fire threat focused shooting followed by a detailed fof session to apply the techniques. Lots of busted up hands and lots of good knowledge learned. :)

Michigander

Today we walked around Detroit for the protest and had an excellent timr there and met many great people and got about a hundred honks and waves too, but parked in Warren. The dpd seems to be fairly over picking on groups of activists, unfortunately the Warren PD still isn't we discovered.

It is really amazing, 6.5 years after I helped fatboysykes beat them in court that they're still playing games

B

Bikenut

Went to Clio to shop at Menards and Wal Mart. No one cared about my sidearm.

Then in Taco Bell I gave $5 to help pay for a lady's order and she was stunned. She said no one ever did that for her before. She thanked me then went and sat down at a table to wait for her order and I started collecting napkins with my sidearm at about her eye level. That wasn't intentional... just worked out that way but she certainly saw it.

Her order came up and she started gathering napkins and such and then my order came up so I got it and sat down in a booth. The lady suddenly came over and gave me a big hug thanking me again.

So much for the anti gunner mantra of women running screaming in terror at the sight of a gun.

solus

Went to Clio to shop at Menards and Wal Mart. No one cared about my sidearm.

Then in Taco Bell I gave $5 to help pay for a lady's order and she was stunned. She said no one ever did that for her before. She thanked me then went and sat down at a table to wait for her order and I started collecting napkins with my sidearm at about her eye level. That wasn't intentional... just worked out that way but she certainly saw it.

Her order came up and she started gathering napkins and such and then my order came up so I got it and sat down in a booth. The lady suddenly came over and gave me a big hug thanking me again.

So much for the anti gunner mantra of women running screaming in terror at the sight of a gun.

tip of the hat to ya and your generosity extended...

ipse

HPmatt

$5 is a wagonload at TacoBell - [emoji895][emoji895][emoji895][emoji895][emoji1166]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DeSchaine

Had a great incident at LJS on West Main in Kalamazoo. Walked in and waited a minute before someone came to take my order. It ended up being the young lady who was mopping the floor by the drink machine. She walked back behind the counter and to her coworkers said "Hey, we got guests and y'all didn't come up here to help?" From the cooking area: "We do? Oh, man. We're sorry." Young lady: "Yeah, y'all better be sorry, cause he packin." This last was said with a grin and wink to me. Any reply from the cooking area was lost in my laughing.

OC4me

At this point, I don't usually bother to post about open carrying anymore unless I've OCed into a new place. That said, I carried for the first time at the Hibachi Grill off Alpine in Comstock Park on Thanksgiving with my wife and family. The place was fairly busy as expected since there weren't any other eating establishments in the neighborhood open that day that I was aware of.

Completely uneventful and normal time out (as it should be).

Last edited:

xmanhockey7

Was down in Alliance, OH for training this weekend. Whole class was staying at the Holiday Inn and most of us were down having breakfast. Saw a guy come up open carrying an XD-s. Used the Springfield provided holster and mag carrier. Mag in the gun had the extension on it. He smiled and was friendly to people. It was different to see an open carrier. Kind if funny about 15 of us in there were all CC. I doubt he knew William Aprill and Paul Sharp were in the room or really even who they are.

color of law

Accomplished Advocate
Was down in Alliance, OH for training this weekend. Whole class was staying at the Holiday Inn and most of us were down having breakfast. Saw a guy come up open carrying an XD-s. Used the Springfield provided holster and mag carrier. Mag in the gun had the extension on it. He smiled and was friendly to people. It was different to see an open carrier. Kind if funny about 15 of us in there were all CC. I doubt he knew William Aprill and Paul Sharp were in the room or really even who they are.
Not to be prickie, but if you are a gun guy then why were you CCing? This is a open carry state. Also, I have been around the gun community awhile and I don't know who these guy are. Am I suppose to?

Do you know who I am? And if you don't, why not. I have four stars under my screen name. After all I'm an Accomplished Advocate. WOOOOHOOOOO. And even if you know of me, you may not know what I look like.

Well after all that I guess I am being prickie. I hope you had a good time in Alliance, OH.......

xmanhockey7

Not to be prickie, but if you are a gun guy then why were you CCing? This is a open carry state. Also, I have been around the gun community awhile and I don't know who these guy are. Am I suppose to?

Do you know who I am? And if you don't, why not. I have four stars under my screen name. After all I'm an Accomplished Advocate. WOOOOHOOOOO. And even if you know of me, you may not know what I look like.

Well after all that I guess I am being prickie. I hope you had a good time in Alliance, OH.......

I was concealed carry because that's my preferred method of carry. Not knowing who those guys are isn't a big deal, but I will say if you ever have a chance to take a class with either, especially William Aprill's "Unthinkable" class do it. His lecture on violent criminal actors is simply excellent.

color of law

Accomplished Advocate
xmanhockey7;2173343[B said:
]I was concealed carry because that's my preferred method of carry.[/B] Not knowing who those guys are isn't a big deal, but I will say if you ever have a chance to take a class with either, especially William Aprill's "Unthinkable" class do it. His lecture on violent criminal actors is simply excellent.
If CC is your preferred carry then why be on an Open Carry forum? Not that you can ever find any other forum that has the smartest people relating to gun laws, as well as, any other subject you would wish to discuss with the people on this forum. And if you don't believe we are the cream of the crop, just ask us, we are more than happy to let you know that we are the best......

I'm laying out the facts, just the facts.....

Last edited:

xmanhockey7

If CC is your preferred carry then why be on an Open Carry forum? Not that you can ever find any other forum that has the smartest people relating to gun laws, as well as, any other subject you would wish to discuss with the people on this forum. And if you don't believe we are the cream of the crop, just ask us, we are more than happy to let you know that we are the best......

I'm laying out the facts, just the facts.....

What do you mean I don't think you're the cream of the crop? Fact: I started open carrying at 18 because concealed carry wasn't an option and even sometimes after I could conceal carry. Fact: I've hosted open carry events. Fact: I fully support all responsible carry. Fact: Open carrying a gun with a holster that does not have active retention is not responsible open carry.