• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

List Your Open Carry Experiences Here

B

Bikenut

Got busy and didn't post this yesterday....

My friend and I were out and about and I OC'd at:

Wal Mart in Clio

Animal Hospital and the parking lot of Frank's market in St. Charles

Then in Bridgeport.....Independent Bank, Family Dollar, aaaaannnnnddd

a stop at Arby's for lunch. There were quite a few teachers from the Bridgeport school right across the street in Arbys for lunch also and while at the counter ordering I did my usual thing of leaving $5 to pay/help pay for the next person's lunch. The lady next in line tried to give me my money back while saying it was a nice thing to do but wasn't necessary. I suggested she just give it to the next person in line.. which she did and the fellow was very happy. There was some money left from his order and the next lady used it for her order. Both the fellow and the lady thanked me.

Well.... word got around and soon many of those teachers knew all about that $5. One lady who didn't get any of that $5 thanked me anyway and said I had renewed her faith in humanity.

My friend and I ate our lunch and the teachers thanked me again on our way out. And yes, they all saw my sidearm.

Methinks not all is lost within the educational system.

Last edited by a moderator:
B

Bikenut

OC'd today in Clio at Wal Mart and Taco Bell....

There was a long line of army guys at Taco Bell with one lady in the middle of that line when a friend and I got there. I cut the whole line just to have the privilege of giving the cashier $10 for as much as it would buy for the guys. The lady in line saw what I did and she paid for one of the guys' lunch too.

My friend said one of the army guys nudged another guy and said "That guys got a Glock."

It's been a good day.

325rto

OC'd today in Clio at Wal Mart and Taco Bell....

There was a long line of army guys at Taco Bell with one lady in the middle of that line when a friend and I got there. I cut the whole line just to have the privilege of giving the cashier $10 for as much as it would buy for the guys. The lady in line saw what I did and she paid for one of the guys' lunch too.

My friend said one of the army guys nudged another guy and said "That guys got a Glock."

It's been a good day.

This old paratrooper thanks you for your kind gesture.

xd shooter

Attended our County's Sherrif's Memorial service on Wednesday at noon, at the Sherrif's Dept complex.

State Cops, County, City, Tribal, all attending the ceremony. Not a single look, smirk, or concern expressed.

In all honesty though, I am known personally by most of them, so not a "stranger standing in the crowd with a gun in his hip".... This is what comes with volunteering in your community, saying hello to the officers and deputies when you see them around town, at lunch, etc.

I also plan on walking in our Memorial Day Parade, Open Carrying as I did last year... :)

Rusty Young Man

A friend was detained and had his ID unlawfully run over hgoc.

When does it end?

One could simply say, "when one side tires", I would say, "when the tyrants are chained (by law or iron), or removed." History will vindicate what I've posted, as the spirit of Freedom is never entirely extinguished, and tyrants never willingly give up their dominion over others.

Please keep us posted on the status of this OCer, and let us know how we may help out.

FreeInAZ

One could simply say, "when one side tires", I would say, "when the tyrants are chained (by law or iron), or removed." History will vindicate what I've posted, as the spirit of Freedom is never entirely extinguished, and tyrants never willingly give up their dominion over others.

Please keep us posted on the status of this OCer, and let us know how we may help out.

Quoted for truth! :thumbsup:

On topic - OCd running the usual errands where allowed by law, nobody cares, as it should be ;)

FreeInAZ

We are pursuing internal corrective action at the moment so I cannot say more right now. However we have two videos with many copies safe in many hands.

That area is full of agencies with OEO's (opinions enforcement officers). :(

They tend to see the law as a nuisance, which can be bent & broken by them to archive a desired affect.

In this case they didn't like OC, so simply throw some spaghetti charges. This allows them to take the OCer into custody, take their firearm & take their CPL if they have one.

What's the point of them doing this? It stops the OCer from carrying for a while. It also gets them into the system & most importantly it costs them $$$ to defend against BS charges!

That the real goal: to punish law abiding citizens for doing something that they don't agree with. Call it fiscal re-education, if you will. Sadly in that area, it has been going on for years. The PD will be sued (most likely) and they will lose, they know this, and don't really care. Why? This is not about law for them, it's teaching those they deem lesser than them a lesson, law be damned!

On topic - OC daily with no hassles. Some police take their oaths seriously, while others don't apparently. :(

B

Bikenut

A friend and I got out and about with me OC'ing in Clio today starting at KFC where a lady from the Salvation Army's Citadel Corps. was the recipient of the $5 "pay it forward" I gave towards her order. She was very happy about that. Shortly after sitting down an older lady came to the table and asked me if I knew anything about computers. Somewhat surprised by the question I said I didn't really know all that much and she went on to explain that her car wouldn't do anything. She couldn't even turn the key and would I help?

Of course I had to at least try to help so she and I walked out to her car and when I got there the only thing wrong was the front wheels had put pressure on the steering wheel but turning the wheel slightly took the pressure off, the key turned, and the car started. She was relieved that nothing was wrong with her car and I wished her a very good day then went back in to eat my chicken.

Then off to Wal Mart for some uneventful shopping.... at least until at the checkout where the lady ahead of us came up a few cents short of the total of her purchases. She was looking in her purse for some change and said she might have to put something back so I just gave her a dollar. She, and the cashier, thanked me a lot.

Now.... I'm telling you guys all this not to make myself appear rich or saintly but to illustrate that it is possible to intentionally spread goodwill amongst people (whether OC'ing or not) while openly carrying a gun. And it is those little kindnesses that leave people with a very good impression of everyday ordinary people who carry guns as they go about their ordinary day.

And I believe it is those little kindnesses that will counter any anti gun stuff those folks might encounter later on because if those gun totin' open carriers are supposed to be so bad how come the one they actually met was so nice?

Last edited by a moderator:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
--snipped--

And I believe it is those little kindnesses that will counter any anti gun stuff those folks might encounter later on because if those gun totin' open carriers are supposed to be so bad how come the one they actually met was so nice?
That surely does pay a very high dividend with low initial investment, but high yield.

The secret to our success
icon14.png

B

Bikenut

Thanks my friend who deserted fair Michigan for the Wild West of Arizona! :D

I OC'd today in Saginaw at:

Gander Mountain hoping to find a good Kydex holster with retention for my Ruger SR22...

Wal Mart on Bay Rd for some groceries...

And the Healthway Pharmacy where I helped a little old lady with a walker into her car.

No one seemed to care that my black gun in a black holster stood out against my red shirt. Just another ordinary day.

Michigander

Caution: tyranny, harsh language in response. This happened to my friends, and in a place I wouldn't have expected trouble in; the ocsd complex in Pontiac. Two others came back a week or two later to check and see what would happen if they came unarmed and just filming, and got screwed with even worse.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=aTjnAlcGXHc

This is not something I'd have expected from a generally honorable agency. (As honorable as possible given their job description vs the non aggression principle)

Last edited:

smellslikemichigan

Campaign Veteran
wow, that's disgusting behavior. i'm getting really tired of this crap. detained for trespass on public property? he changes from "private property" to "county property" to "our property." make up your mind, bully.

FreeInAZ

So let me get this straight... The parking lot, which is openly viewable by anyone, is a secure area??? Huh? Man these folks are terrified of someone seeing their car, is that it? So when their driving & they think someone might recognize them do they go all 'RAMBO'??

Seriously if you are a cop and so afraid of the public, do us all a favor and find another line of work! Hopefully one that has ZERO contact with the public!

Seriously so if they see someone looking in the direction of that parking lot, do they arrest them and erase their memory????

Shame on Sheriff Bouchard for having such mental midgets in his ranks!

On topic OC often with no problems. Why - my local LEA's understand the constitution.

ETA - for a Sheriff who says "policing isn't broken" these members of his staff are doing a damned fine job of proving him wrong! Sheriff Bouchard has in the past, proven that he does understand rights, and has gotten directly involved when officers under his command have abused open carriers. Let's hope he hasn't changed???

http://www.freep.com/story/news/loc...-sheriff-stop-knee-jerk-legislation/27175581/

Last edited: