• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

List Your Open Carry Experiences Here

B

Bikenut

OC'd in Clio at:

Great clips...
Borden's Pharmacy...
Wal Mart...
Hicks Outdoors

And in Bridgeport at:
Family Dollar.

No issues exactly as it should be.

B

Bikenut

Finally got out of the house today and OC'd in Clio at Wal Mart and Taco Bell. No issues what so ever and the young lady who discovered her dinner was paid for was happy.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Yesterday I saw a homeless guy pushing a shopping cart around and carrying a Shield in a Fobus. That was definitely a first for me.
Would that you had taken a picture.

The homeless are as entitled to self-defense as those with a more permanent residence.

B

Bikenut

OC'd today at KFC in Clio. Good people work there. And the guy ahead of me was a bit surprised to find his lunch was paid for.

No issues.

Michigander

Would that you had taken a picture.

The homeless are as entitled to self-defense as those with a more permanent residence.

I wanted to, but I was working, specifically test driving a car with a bad front end, and had bigger concerns. That and I probably wouldn't have posted his picture unless he wanted me to. In any case, I certainly do agree about homeless people having every right and even more reason to arm themselves.

fozzy71

OC'd this weekend back in my home town at the big end of summer cruise. I had questions from one of the cruisers and handed out a couple MOC tri-folds for the first time in ages. I also saw an older resident (looked to be a farmer) OCing at the gas station which was pretty cool.

B

Bikenut

I've mentioned my very liberal friend who had absolutely no use for guns before and now I'd like to let folks know what has happened after several years of slowly introducing him to guns. And I say slowly because I never pushed but we did have many informative conversations along with inviting him to the range a lot but I think what really influenced him the most was just watching me and how folks interacted with me when I was open carrying.

And now.................

He likes to go to the range.

He bought a pistol and holster.

He took a CPL class.

He got his carry permit just a couple of days ago.

He open carried along with me in Wal Mart yesterday.

He open carries everywhere now.

He is looking to buy a second gun.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
I've mentioned my very liberal friend who had absolutely no use for guns before and now I'd like to let folks know what has happened after several years of slowly introducing him to guns. And I say slowly because I never pushed but we did have many informative conversations along with inviting him to the range a lot but I think what really influenced him the most was just watching me and how folks interacted with me when I was open carrying.

And now.................

He took a CPL class.

You've created a monster! :lol:

Nice job.

Last edited:

JoeSparky

Centurion

And now.................

He took a CPL class.

But is he still voting the "control" crowd or the "increased freedom" crowd?

You don't need to know what kind of device or tool was used to send this

B

Bikenut

But is he still voting the "control" crowd or the "increased freedom" crowd?

You don't need to know what kind of device or tool was used to send this
I'm still working on educating him on what the words "shall not be infringed" really mean.

Last edited by a moderator:

papa bear

And now.................

He took a CPL class.

Good job. Goes to show it can be done. Probably help he wasn't in the echo chamber of the prohibitionist. Like in the north east. All they do is regurgitate, and then lick it back up

B

Bikenut

OC'd last Sunday in Clio at:

Taco Bell where nothing happened...

and

Wal Mart where a gentleman stopped to talk with me in the parking lot expressing his approval of my openly carrying a sidearm. We had a nice discussion about guns and such before going our separate ways.