• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

List Your Open Carry Experiences Here

Michigander

Finally a 2 day weekend for me. I just OC'd while going to Kroger, but much more importantly will very soon be OCing in Traverse city and at the sand dunes. :banana:

Michigander

While getting groceries tonight, I heard a security guard on the radio talking with another guy on his radio, sounded like it was about me. What I heard him say was "yeah he got a gun, but its cool, he ain't threatening nobody".

What made this guy even more interesting was that he's an "unarmed" guard I noticed printing. :lol:

Onnie

The actual manager of this particular store called me, he said verizons policy is to follow the law of the state they are in. The manager that confronted me was from a different store all together. The real manager said he would talk to the gentleman and make sure he understood what state law is and that verizons policy is to adhere to state law. I told him I was told by the replacement manager that it was verizons policy to disallow firearms in the store and that I didnt appreciate the misinformation and he apologized for that.

I also told him about MOC and my position on the board and said I was going to be setting up a seminar here in Battle Creek and that I would like to use this as an opportunity to educate his employees about OC to avoid any further scenarios like this and he said he would monitor MOC's forums for the date and time and let his employees know in case they want to attend.

He also gave me the green light to continue carrying for my personal protection in this particular store

Nice Job:dude:

FreeInAZ

OC'd @ Wendy's, Lowes, Fry's a.k.a.(Kroger). No screaming women, children or elderly folk. Later OCed at Gun range no issues. Just as it should be :cool:

B

Bikenut

OC'd yesterday in Bridgeport at:

Lamplighter Flowers

Big Boy

Krogers

The only thing that happened was one fellow did a "double take" and stared when he noticed my sidearm as I was walking into Krogers and he was walking out. And we both went on about our business......

Big Gay Al

Michigan Moderator
OCed yesterday at K-Mart, Payless Shoe Source, and one of those ice cream places that stay open year round in Lansing. (I can't remember the name, but it's between Taco Bell and a Speedway on South Cedar. Also, Meijer's and Taco Bell in Mason. No problems anywhere.

Big Gay Al

Michigan Moderator
OCed today at Leslie barber shop, Value Land, Dollar General and Marathon.

Again at Mason Subway, and Hungry Howies.

No stares, no comments, no confrontations.

Maybe I need to visit Ann Arbor. :)

Last edited:

Mitchell

OC in AA

I was at the new AA Skyline HS school for the parent lecture about ACT. Nothing said.

Also, Meijers on Ann Arbor Saline Rd.

Big Gay Al

Michigan Moderator
After seeing the surgeon at the Sparrow Wound clinic in Lansing, I went to Theio's on Michigan Avenue to have my favorite, Mexican omelette. I was OCing, once I took my coat off. And sitting to my right was a table of 6 (SIX) DHS federal police officers. They were talking among themselves. I never even said "boo." But, as they got up to pay their bill and leave, one of them stopped, and thanked me for exercising my constitutional rights!! Yes, I was temporarily stunned. But I thanked him, and his partners for the job they do. I explained, I don't have a problem with them, it's their bosses I have the problem with. He told me, many of them do as well. :)

I have to say, this was not the response I expected from federal LEOs. I half way figured at least one would ask to see my CPL, since I came in with my weapon concealed. But I didn't get a nasty word or look from any of them.

HKcarrier

After seeing the surgeon at the Sparrow Wound clinic in Lansing, I went to Theio's on Michigan Avenue to have my favorite, Mexican omelette. I was OCing, once I took my coat off. And sitting to my right was a table of 6 (SIX) DHS federal police officers. They were talking among themselves. I never even said "boo." But, as they got up to pay their bill and leave, one of them stopped, and thanked me for exercising my constitutional rights!! Yes, I was temporarily stunned. But I thanked him, and his partners for the job they do. I explained, I don't have a problem with them, it's their bosses I have the problem with. He told me, many of them do as well. :)

I have to say, this was not the response I expected from federal LEOs. I half way figured at least one would ask to see my CPL, since I came in with my weapon concealed. But I didn't get a nasty word or look from any of them.

Awesome experience... thx for sharing...

LakeBound

Trust me when I tell you, there are many, many more just like that Fed LEO that you met.

LB