• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

List Your Open Carry Experiences Here

Michigander

I OC'd a bit in Hazel Park today. Something I tend to enjoy about Hazel Park is that I get very few people who even look twice, and questions or comments are an extremely rare occurrence. Today was no different. Didn't even notice any stares.

hud

OC'd today at Menard's in Kalamazoo to pick up some 1x8's and 1x6's and various hardware items. Noticed by some. Ignored by all. Ready to build.

B

Bikenut

OC'd while voting at Spaulding township hall..

No problems.

Last edited by a moderator:

TheSzerdi

OC'd while voting at Allendale Elementary School in Melvindale, MI. No problems! Got some looks, but no talkers... and I even had a buncha pamphlets on me for once dangit!

FreeInAZ

I saw a UNICORN!

Was OCing (weak side [left handed] for practice & function -> was CCing on strong side
) at local Cirle K cashing in some winning scratch off tickets.:dude: And what walks in? A bubbly little red head all of 18 to 19 years old and 100lbs soaking wet, sporting a XD sub compact in either 9mm or 40cal? She was talking to her little brother (I think) all of 15/16 years old? It was comical to see her and her lack of SA, but I just chuckled as she got in line to my right carrying TWO GIANT POLAR POPS one in each hand, while her brother carried nothing. I smiled and said "hi there fellow OCer". She smiled back, but looked confused. I got my cash from the cashier said goodbye to her and turned to walk away. On my way out I heard her brother say loudly "Hey he's carrying a gun too! Cool!" I don't think she ever even noticed my openly carried Glock, in nickel boron no less [shiny goldish color]. :rolleyes:

xmanhockey7

Was OCing (weak side [left handed] for practice & function -> was CCing on strong side
) at local Cirle K cashing in some winning scratch off tickets.:dude: And what walks in? A bubbly little red head all of 18 to 19 years old and 100lbs soaking wet, sporting a XD sub compact in either 9mm or 40cal? She was talking to her little brother (I think) all of 15/16 years old? It was comical to see her and her lack of SA, but I just chuckled as she got in line to my right carrying TWO GIANT POLAR POPS one in each hand, while her brother carried nothing. I smiled and said "hi there fellow OCer". She smiled back, but looked confused. I got my cash from the cashier said goodbye to her and turned to walk away. On my way out I heard her brother say loudly "Hey he's carrying a gun too! Cool!" I don't think she ever even noticed my openly carried Glock, in nickel boron no less [shiny goldish color]. :rolleyes:

Does that Circle K have a liquor license? If so if she's not an out of stater with a valid carry permit she could not legally carry there. Granted she could very well be older than you say just looked young.

OT: OC'd while voting but I did an absentee ballot so nobody cared.​

FreeInAZ

Does that Circle K have a liquor license? If so if she's not an out of stater with a valid carry permit she could not legally carry there. Granted she could very well be older than you say just looked young.

OT: OC'd while voting but I did an absentee ballot so nobody cared.

He was in AZ.

Thanks for the help Venator (aka the best radio show host in the WORLD!) :monkey:monkey:monkey

Sorry for the confusion xmanhockey7 I haunt this thread to see what my old pals in MI are up to & the AZ forum doesn't have a OC experience thread as it is deemed unnecessary. :rolleyes:

ETA - On topic OCing right now wearing shorts and other light clothing. It's in the upper 80's here :cool:

Last edited:

kubel

OCed to Brick Elementary School in Augusta Township to cast my vote. Women were screaming, children crying in fear, people grabbing my gun and shooting me with it, blood flowing through the hallways, OMG. Actually none of that happened. It was a completely normal voting experience, wore my leather holster that OCDO user swcr made for me a few years back.

xmanhockey7

Thanks for the help Venator (aka the best radio show host in the WORLD!) :monkey:monkey:monkey

Sorry for the confusion xmanhockey7 I haunt this thread to see what my old pals in MI are up to & the AZ forum doesn't have a OC experience thread as it is deemed unnecessary. :rolleyes:

ETA - On topic OCing right now wearing shorts and other light clothing. It's in the upper 80's here :cool:

Sorry about that didn't even realize it. Little jealous of the better freedom in AZ and the current weather! Glad to see people from other states posting here.

Acdrenik

Open Carried to the polls. I had a few looks from the volunteers but nothing too bad. One kid looked at my sidearm and said "Oh wow! I'm gonna have to tweet this!" I looked at him knowing that his ignorance was getting the best of him. I tried to educated him but he was more impressed that this was the first pistol he's ever seen that he was clearly not listening to anything I had to say.

Yance

OC'd wednesday on my lunch break during work to a local restaurant here in town called Mr. Dons, they have some pretty fantastic chili dogs and they are only $1 on wednesdays..cant beat that deal! Anyways as my friend and I were taking care of our trash I walked by a group of 3 people and I heard them speaking and I managed to hear them say "open carry" a few times. I know they were talking about me but it sounded as though they were just educating at least one of the other people in their little group. They never said anything to me, but it gave them an opportunity to not only see it, but to bring it up with each other. The people there know me since I'm in there practically every week and they dont have a problem at all with me carrying.

Big Gay Al

Michigan Moderator
Clyde is functionally illiterate. I voted for him as a sympathy vote and because Wrigglesworth needs to go, but Clyde lost by a landslide. Plus I thought it would be fun to see him head up the Sheriff's department. He has the intelligence of a turnip.
I strongly disagree. I've found Clyde Smith to be very intelligent, and intuitive. Unfortunately, Ingham County is heavily democratic, and his chance was slim at best. Wrigglesworth is likely to be in office until he dies.