• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

List Your Open Carry Experiences Here

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
--snip--

Bah. Who needs a gun, I carry a concealed puppy! Today, however, as with every month since then, I will be carrying my Beretta .40 openly, to get my hair cut.

We recommend only carrying a self-defense tool when you maybe, might, could possibly need it.

BTW- that includes when getting a hair cut or not. :p

mrvelous01

We recommend only carrying a self-defense tool when you maybe, might, could possibly need it.

BTW- that includes when getting a hair cut or not. :p

Had the Beretta on my hip and a Kel-tec P3AT in my pocket. I pulled into the parking lot and the first thing I saw was a red pickup truck and an African American. I thought "oh boy, this is going to get exciting". Wrong truck, wrong guy. This fellow was with a woman and they were apparently buying shoes [insert "Gibbs slap" here].

The haircut doesn't take nearly as long today as it did many years ago so I was soon on the road. I open carried in the Target store on Gratiot (Mt. Clemens?), and the Petco (Roseville). No dirty looks, no comments. Probably a good choice since Nikki is about 40lbs. now and a lot harder to conceal in my coat.

lil_freak_66

Ty - you do reallize bad guys on both sides of the badge watch this site, right? Why give them any reason to want to visit you? Just saying sometimes posting less is more.;)

In topic OCed at Fry's & Subway - no issues. :cool:

are you suggesting i simply leave them in a rack on the wall? as much as i like the look its not very secure against criminals(on either side of the badge) and the kids are toddlers now so safes are going to be a must. criminals, regardless of actual profession are to always be handled the way any other reasonable person should handle them, to the fullest extent of the law.

on topic, carried at menards again, McDonalds and around the place a bit. might go out for dinner but who knows.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
are you suggesting i simply leave them in a rack on the wall? as much as i like the look its not very secure against criminals(on either side of the badge) and the kids are toddlers now so safes are going to be a must. criminals, regardless of actual profession are to always be handled the way any other reasonable person should handle them, to the fullest extent of the law.

on topic, carried at menards again, McDonalds and around the place a bit. might go out for dinner but who knows.

I don't see that he was saying that at all. What I got out of that was not to publicly discuss how or what products you use secure your valuables. That being the case, I concur.

FreeInAZ

Ding! Ding! DIng! Give Grapeshot a prize (no prize for you Lil.. :( sorry)

the family resturaunt in holt on cedar at 96, no issues.

menards in Lansing, south location, there over an hour and a half looking at things and placing orders, locks, security cameras, paint, carpet....all the fun stuff that comes with buying a new place, including stack on IN the wall gun safes for under $100, the kind you can hide with a picture or flag or a mirror or something.

AT&T store in lansing, no issues.

then tomorrow im going to the Ingham co. sheriff dept. Delhi office, the Gun Rally at the capitol building, and probably a gun store or 3 and possibly the gunshow and a few other places

Ty - you do reallize bad guys on both sides of the badge watch this site, right? Why give them any reason to want to visit you? Just saying sometimes posting less is more.;)

In topic OCed at Fry's & Subway - no issues. :cool:

I don't see that he was saying that at all. What I got out of that was not to publicly discuss how or what products you use secure your valuables. That being the case, I concur.

Grapeshot NAILED IT! ^^^ THIS TY, THIS^^^

On topic OCed at Home Depot - no issues ;)

lil_freak_66

i was being sarcastic, i tried to reiterate that in another message but somehow it ended up posting to the blog? i fully get what your saying.

carried at Tractor Supply Co. this morning, apparently doing one of the kids bedroom in a Farmall theme now after they fell in love with the red.

MikeTheGreek

Usual deal. OC'd at work, Meijers, Speedway, a few places to pick up parts for work.

No issues, a few looks.

One little kid pointed his finger at me like he had a gun, not sure if I should have thought that was cute, or if it should have worried me. He was like 5.

Raggs

5 yo = cute, 25 yo = stupid

Usual deal. OC'd at work, Meijers, Speedway, a few places to pick up parts for work.

No issues, a few looks.

One little kid pointed his finger at me like he had a gun, not sure if I should have thought that was cute, or if it should have worried me. He was like 5.

lil_freak_66

Carrying at Gander Mtn. in Lansing right now picking up a 10/22 for the woman, no issues.gun counter tells me there is a seminar coming up soon?

then ill be going to logans roadhouse(have permission) after paperwork is wrapped up here.

lil_freak_66

Exactly, I'm STILL under 21.

At gander mountain, ran into TheQ, while we were talking next to the gun counter, suddey I saw a red dot on his torso, some....person was using him to see the laser on the gun he was checking out! It wasn't really intentional, but definitely negligent, glad he didn't buy any guns.

Got a good deal on a 2nd 10/22, so ended up coming home with two of them. Did an auto bolt release mod on both and threw one in an ATI stock I had laying around

On a side note, this is post 1776 for me, let freedom ring!

Last edited:
B

Bikenut

I OC'd today as Yooperlady and I stopped in Clio at Wal Mart where nothing of note occurred.

Then on to Taco Bell, also in Clio, and on our way out after eating Yooperlady drew my attention to a gentleman at the counter who also was OC'ing. He and his wife and I and Yooperlady had a pleasant conversation and then we were on our way. But quite a few folks noticed two ordinary guys having a chat while carrying guns yet no one panicked, no one ran out screaming, and nowhere was heard a discouraging word.

Shadow Bear

Michigan Moderator
I OC'd today as Yooperlady and I stopped in Clio at Wal Mart where nothing of note occurred.

Then on to Taco Bell, also in Clio, and on our way out after eating Yooperlady drew my attention to a gentleman at the counter who also was OC'ing. He and his wife and I and Yooperlady had a pleasant conversation and then we were on our way. But quite a few folks noticed two ordinary guys having a chat while carrying guns yet no one panicked, no one ran out screaming, and nowhere was heard a discouraging word.

and the skies were not cloudy all day;)

Shadow Bear

Michigan Moderator
OCed Big Boy on Wilson in Grandville- met with the manager and chief cook, great folks, great food. They're looking forward to the OC dinner on 03/26!

lil_freak_66

Menards twice
Total firearms three times
Police equipment supply store once
Not just guns once
Foxhole px once

And the KFC/ long john silver in Lansing with TheQ.

No issues

TheQ

I have a dear friend that owns Sugar Gliders. I've become very curious of the little animals as I consider getting my own some day. I've read all sorts of information on the Internet, but have desired a more holistic source. The idea struck me! My local library!

So this evening I walked myself into the downtown branch Capital Area District Library (my local library -- nearest branch to my home). Being a warm 20-some degrees, I saw no need to wear a jacket on the 100 yard trek from my car to the door. The neighborhood, however, did look suspect! I decided the most prudent thing to do would be to take my firearm with me, openly carried as to deter any possible hoodlums.

I walked to the nearest electronic card catalog (which the ones when you first enter the library happen to be right next to the children section), sat down for a moment and entered "Sugar Glider". Withing a moment I found a book and the decimal number under which to find it -- and what floor it was on.

I took myself up to the second floor, walking by one of their security guards on the way (it's hard to walk through the library without crossing one -- the place must be very dangerous) and found the book I was looking for. I took said book to a nearby table and sat where I read it for two hours. I was left mostly alone and in peace, with the exception of the rather loud and obnoxious announcement (that is proceeded by an awful tone) advising patrons the library is closing in 30 minutes. You'd think the tone and announcement was designed to wake homeless people -- it's so loud and annoying!

Anyhow, I took the book to the checkout area where I checked the book out and proceeded home. Overall, the evening was uneventful (as one would hope). During my two hour stay a security patrol came by 3-4 times -- which I suspect is their normal patrol.

That's all -- just another day in the Library.

FreeInAZ

@Q - the library said you would be attacked by their other patrons. I guess they were wrong, go figure.:rolleyes:

Is it just me or does CADL have a low opinion of everyone except their employees?

On topic OCed for lunch @ subways no issues.