• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Budget bill

Gray Peterson

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
Not a good time to be trying to fire up the pro gunners to put heat on the Repubs. AT THIS TIME until the present crisis is resolved, pressuring legislators with conceal carry is not a wise idea. You PO enough of them off, you may not see a CC bill for a long time.

DO NOT mess with these politicians right now.

Wait, I thought that the constitutional rights of Wisconsinites were the most important thing according to these people?

I'm not messing with them, I'm merely asking why they passed 7 bills before the budget bill mess and why one of them wasn't CC and stand your ground?

Last edited:

protias

I am a huge fan of Walker and what he is doing. I also get what you are saying. Why couldn't the Rep.s pushed through a Castle Doctrine and Constitiutioanl Carry bills while all the Dems are out of state. That would have taught them to show up for work.
Jay Weber mentioned that his morning and he wasn't sure if they would have to convene this session call another special session in order to do that.

64Impala

Hi Guys -

Mostly just lurk, but thought I'd reply to this thread. I recieved this earlier today. Sounds like a PRO-Walker rally is gaining some momentum for tomorrow... Just in case anyone is interested. The wife and I will be going.... Just a friendly FYI announcement. That is all... :D

I STAND WITH SCOTT WALKER RALLY (organized by American Majority)
Facebook ^ | 2/17/2011 | American Majority
Posted on Friday, February 18, 2011 12:08:51 AM by Thunder90
NOW Featuring Andrew Breitbart of Breitbart.com and Jim Hoff of Gateway Pundit. More Speakers TBA.
As the week has progressed, Wisconsin and the Nation have watched schools across Wisconsin close due to teachers participating in a “sick out”, the unions bussing people in from other states to inflate their rally numbers in Madison and legislators fleeing the state to avoid the vote on the budget repair bill.
It’s time the voices of the Wisconsin people are heard.
We've had thousands of people show up for tea party events to rally to take our state back - but our work isn't done. Let's have our voices heard once again and show our state legislators that we support this bill. We need concerned Wisconsin citizens to show up at noon on Saturday, February 19th to voice our support for Gov. Walker and our conservative legislators! Tell your friends--let's set a turn out record!

oliverclotheshoff

warning this is a joke there

i wonder if they would like us to offer our service to help with security in our WCI shirts and hats and our trusty tools of the trade

this is a joke

Last edited:

Interceptor_Knight

i wonder if they would like us to offer our service to help with security in our WCI shirts and hats and our trusty tools of the trade

Anyone who believes that OC makes them qualified and gives the smallest amount of authority to provide event "security", is in for a rude awakening should they try to compel someone to do something while they are carrying....
This is the type of attitude that the antis love to portray..

Even if this was just a joke, this is the type of statement which can be used against us... it can be easily taken the wrong way....

Last edited:

AaronS

Wait, I thought that the constitutional rights of Wisconsinites were the most important thing according to these people?

I'm not messing with them, I'm merely asking why they passed 7 bills before the budget bill mess and why one of them wasn't CC and stand your ground?

I guess guns are not the first thing on the Wisconsin Governments mind.
If you are so mad about the lack of CC bill introduction, you could try sending in a bill yourself (we are).

Jason in WI

Most people on here know your joking about helping with security, maybe you should throw up a smiley so new people and the press aren't confused :p.

I'm not sure if I'm going up there Saturday or not but, If I go I'm debating if I should go armed. I'm not too worried about the whole "Totality of Circumstances" harass me because I'm exercising my right thing, I'll let those chips fall where they may. I'm more concerned how the image would play out. I don't want my pic showing up on msnbc showing the crazy tea-baggers arming themselves looking for blood, ohhhh nooooos think of Arizona! On the other hand I DO carry everyday and people need to realize that you can go armed and not be looking for trouble. Obviously if I go armed I would be on my best behavior and keep most of my opinions to myself and represent us the best I can.

This might be a great time to let the public know that's it's legal to carry. I find that most people in this state still don't know it's legal and that's what gets there panties in a bunch, once they realize it's legal and think about if for a minute it usually doesn't bother them. . I'm half tempted to XXXXX XX XXXX XXXXX XXXXX ala my "brother Chris 4409" style. For that I would need to contact the capitol and Madison PD since I don't want to be shot :shocker:. I'm not sure this is the best venue for that.

I will say I will most likely NOT be dressed in my WCI duds. I love the group but we need to keep politics separate and not muddy our image, we have members on both sides of the issue.

I know the Tea-Party is getting the permits, anyone know of any state law that restricts firearms from a rally/protest. I don't think there are but I thought I'd ask.
I'm sure a bunch of you guys are going, are you going armed? Should I open a new topic?

Edited: Edited out some stuff, think I was violating rule 14, sorry.

Last edited:

Flipper

Campaign Veteran
Jason, you are right. There is nothing to gain and a lot to lose for WCI members and open carry advocates to appear to be supporting one side or another. As an individual, advocate for whom you please.

The fact that the Republicans would even try what they are says to the power they have in the Capitol. If Constitutional Carry and Stand Your Ground do not pass, blame the Republicans.

Wisconsin Carry Inc. - Chairman

Wisconsin Carry, Inc.
Not a good time to be trying to fire up the pro gunners to put heat on the Repubs. AT THIS TIME until the present crisis is resolved, pressuring legislators with conceal carry is not a wise idea. You PO enough of them off, you may not see a CC bill for a long time.

DO NOT mess with these politicians right now.

I agree with this 100%

The issue at hand is very important. Obviously "we" DO believe that the right to carry is a priority and lives are at stake, but we should be mindful that we are biased.

People have limited time and limited motivation to contact their legislators. Right now your legislators voicemail box is FULL. Right now your legislators email boxes are FULL. When this issue passes (which may be only a week) your legislators will have more opportunity to listen and your efforts will be more fruitful.

One last thought. It is clear to me watching 25,000 angry demonstrators in Madison that this legislature is not likely to be swayed by angry protests (or happy protests)

I think it gives us insight into the best use of our resources (time, energy and money).

I think professional contact with legislators (when they are not absorbed in the current crisis) to deliver fact-based information, statistics, etc will be an effective approach.

This legislature appears to be focused on principle and fact and we should EDUCATE legislators and appeal to their common sense and principle to "sell" the concept of
constitutional carry.

Constitutional Carry DOES have the facts and statistics to support it. Thats our best route.

I think its unlikely we will "pressure" this legislature into what we want, but I DO think its likely we can LOGIC them into what we want because the logic and facts and statistics are on our side.

Wisconsin Carry, Inc.
Got an email from one of our members with an interesting idea.

I didn't vet this information but apparently the senate only needs 17 members for a quorum on non-budgetary bills.

Introduce constitutional carry legislation to the floor. That would bring democrats in a hurry!

Unfortunately, realistically the republicans aren't all yet monolithic on concealed carry legislation so it wouldn't be a quick issue vote, but it was a nice idea!

protias

I didn't vet this information but apparently the senate only needs 17 members for a quorum on non-budgetary bills.

Introduce constitutional carry legislation to the floor. That would bring democrats in a hurry!

Unfortunately, realistically the republicans aren't all yet monolithic on concealed carry legislation so it wouldn't be a quick issue vote, but it was a nice idea!
Someone had called in Jay Weber's show this morning asking that question for other bills to be submitted. Jay didn't know if they would have to convene this current session in order to call another special session or not.

If they did propose Constitutional Carry during this time, and it passed, that would be wonderful! :monkey

Flipper

Campaign Veteran

Is it just a coincidence that the Democrat senators took off to Illinois? :lol:

1FASTC4

While I think our cause is important, most voters would probably opine that the economy and budget are most important, not CC. I think it's entirely reasonable for Walker to address issues which a larger portion of his constituents feel to be a priority.
Where did you read that the 2nd was the most important issue for "these people"?

Last edited:

Wisconsin Carry, Inc.
just a few thoughts on OC'ing tomorrow at the rally.

First, I'd say its an individuals choice when and where they legally carry. Period. its up to you.

My personal thoughts if I went up there. I probably wouldn't carry for proximity/weapon retention reasons.

Open carry is generally the way I carry in most places. But in heavy crowds where people are perpetually in your 'personal space' it would be a concern for me to be Open carrying. People shoulder to shoulder, bumping into you, etc. Part of weapon retention is being aware of people who approach your personal space and thats impossible at a crowded rally.

Not to mention the anti's that will LIKELY try to infiltrate the crowd to cast a negative light on the rally and who KNOWS what a wack-job anti-gun person would do if they saw you carrying. They'd likely try to make a disturbance and you get blamed for it.

It WOULD be a place where I would assess the situation and choose to CONCEAL carry, but unfortunately our state doesn't yet respect our human right to go armed in the manner of our choosing.

Kinda like summerfest in milwaukee. If conceal carry were legal I'd chose to conceal there. (probably a nice armpit rig or ankle rig)

Last edited:

Pyro01

I'm not really sure where I stand on the whole union issue, and I can see where people are coming from on both sides. But isn't it kind of ironic that the democrats run away from a vote when they did nothing but push, push, push for Obamacare? Now when they're outnumbered on a vote their only option is to leave the state to delay the bill and convene in Rockford, IL of all places.