• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Utah CCW Class - February 20th 2pm - Richmond IL

MikeMoore

Utah CCW Class
Date: Sunday, February 20, 2011
Time: 2p-6p
Cost: $100

Register by emailing mike@anywhereccw.com or calling 815-534-4867

Class includes:

• The Class
• Passport Photos
• Fingerprinting
• Mail everything required to Utah's Bureau of Criminal Identification for processing (Additional $65.25 required for the Utah permit payable to Utah)

-Mike
815-534-GUNS (4867)

Last edited:

JJC

Utah CCW Class
Date: Sunday, February 20, 2011
Time: 2p-6p
Cost: $100

Register by emailing mike@anywhereccw.com or calling 815-534-4867

Class includes:

• The Class
• Passport Photos
• Fingerprinting
• Mail everything required to Utah's Bureau of Criminal Identification for processing (Additional $65.25 required for the Utah permit payable to Utah)

-Mike
815-534-GUNS (4867)

Utah is considering banning Non-resident permits, not trying to have anybody rethink doing this (I have a Utah Permit) Has anybody heard any thing more on this yet?

JJC

MikeMoore

Utah is considering banning Non-resident permits, not trying to have anybody rethink doing this (I have a Utah Permit) Has anybody heard any thing more on this yet?

JJC

As far as the law changes, nothing has been finalized yet. But the way it reads now, is that it will only affect applicants "who resides in a state that recognizes the validity of the Utah permit or has reciprocity with Utah's concealed firearm permit law"

Seeing as Illinois and Wisconsin have no reciprocity and does not recognize any permits, this won't affect us. Even if it was, it isn't proposed to take effect until May 10, 2011. (Meaning permits issued before then will remain valid)

Last edited:

jpm84092

To be more correct, the proposed changes to Utah law would require citizens of "Shall Issue" States that recognize the UT permit to first have a permit issued by that State. Citizens of "may issue" and "right denied" States may apply just like they do today, whether or not their State recognizes a UT permit (This affects AL which is a "may issue" State but does recognize the UT permit.) Currently valid permits would remain valid until renewal time, then citizens of "Shall Issue" States would need a permit from their home State. If Wisconsin went to Constitutional Carry and did not also have an optional shall issue permit system, then WI residents would not need a home State permit.

This came up because TX recognizes UT permits and many Texans who are ineligible for a TX permit (owe child support or back taxes) can get a UT permit and TX is bitching about it. About 1/4 of all UT permits are issued to Texans, whom Texas assumes are ineligible for a TX permit due to unmet financial obligations. TX is threatening to drop recognition of the UT permit if UT does not give in. If this works for them, TX will then go after the FL and PA permits.

There is also legislation in the works that will lower the Utah initial application fee (tax) and raise the renewal fee (tax). UT will also be introducing Constitutional Carry in this legislative session and it is expected to pass; particularly if WY does it.

jpm84092

Utah Concealed Firearm Permit Course

Many of you know that I am a native Wisconsin resident who is now living and working in Utah and that I have family and friends in Wisconsin. I am an NRA Certified Range Safety Officer and NRA Certified Instructor in Pistol, Rifle, and Personal Protection and I am a Utah BCI Certified Concealed Firearms Instructor. (Those ratings did not come cheaply.) I will be returning to WI in the Spring or early summer to visit family and friends. In another post, I wrote that I would consider teaching the Utah CFP course if I could recover my travel costs, but I have changed my mind. After all, I did not invest in all those ratings to make a lot of money. I did it because I believe in the God Given right of every member of society to protect themselves from evil. And, I will be visiting WI whether or not I teach the course.

I have never met Mr. Moore and I am sure he is a competent and experienced instructor. And, his $100 fee is at the bottom of the fee structure charged by businesses offering the UT CFP course in WI and surrounding States, so, by definition, it is a bargain. He too invested in his NRA ratings and then flew (or drove) to Salt Lake City to get his instructor training. In my Certification Class, only 7 of the 85 students were from Utah and I learned that some folks in the Eastern States conducted the UT class at $150 per student and had about 100 students per class. Do that once a month and you do not have to work for a living.

Above, I wrote that I will be coming to WI anyway. In UT there are nearly as many BCI Certified CFP Instructors as there are in the rest of the USA combined. So, the prices here tend to be about $50 per student with some "bargain training" being as low as $40 per student if certain class sizes are met.

So, here is the deal. When I come to WI, I will teach the course to WI or IL residents for $40 per head, regardless of the number of students. UT does not require a live shoot, but if somebody wants training in a live shoot, I will do it if the student pays the range fee and/or if somebody can get, find, or donate an appropriate area to practice shooting.

Go to: http://publicsafety.utah.gov/bci/documents/MTC01032011.pdf

This is the course found on the Utah BCI website. If students already have the course, I do not need to spend money on printing costs.

For this to work, I need to have somebody coordinate in WI. My mom is in a nursing home in Janesville and I will be staying with friends in Burlington. I will try to arrange my availability for a weekend. Going "up north" and teaching a class is probably a non-starter due to the fact that it adds just too much to my expenses and takes too much travel time that I could be spending with family and friends.

One more thing. This may not be fair and it may not be popular, but McX gets a "free ride" if he wants the UT course because he likes my cat avatar and says nice things to me.

Last edited:

Running Wolf

Campaign Veteran
One more thing. This may not be fair and it may not be popular, but McX gets a "free ride" if he wants the UT course because he likes my cat avatar and says nice things to me.

Sounds like a good deal. I'm interested.

If I know McX he's also going to ask for a free gun . . .

:lol:

MikeMoore

I will honor jpm's rate of $40 for this class on 2/20 at 2pm for anyone interested that mentions this post! Just call me 815-534-4867

Mike

Many of you know that I am a native Wisconsin resident who is now living and working in Utah and that I have family and friends in Wisconsin. I am an NRA Certified Range Safety Officer and NRA Certified Instructor in Pistol, Rifle, and Personal Protection and I am a Utah BCI Certified Concealed Firearms Instructor. (Those ratings did not come cheaply.) I will be returning to WI in the Spring or early summer to visit family and friends. In another post, I wrote that I would consider teaching the Utah CFP course if I could recover my travel costs, but I have changed my mind. After all, I did not invest in all those ratings to make a lot of money. I did it because I believe in the God Given right of every member of society to protect themselves from evil. And, I will be visiting WI whether or not I teach the course.

I have never met Mr. Moore and I am sure he is a competent and experienced instructor. And, his $100 fee is at the bottom of the fee structure charged by businesses offering the UT CFP course in WI and surrounding States, so, by definition, it is a bargain. He too invested in his NRA ratings and then flew (or drove) to Salt Lake City to get his instructor training. In my Certification Class, only 7 of the 85 students were from Utah and I learned that some folks in the Eastern States conducted the UT class at $150 per student and had about 100 students per class. Do that once a month and you do not have to work for a living.

Above, I wrote that I will be coming to WI anyway. In UT there are nearly as many BCI Certified CFP Instructors as there are in the rest of the USA combined. So, the prices here tend to be about $50 per student with some "bargain training" being as low as $40 per student if certain class sizes are met.

So, here is the deal. When I come to WI, I will teach the course to WI or IL residents for $40 per head, regardless of the number of students. UT does not require a live shoot, but if somebody wants training in a live shoot, I will do it if the student pays the range fee and/or if somebody can get, find, or donate an appropriate area to practice shooting.

Go to: http://publicsafety.utah.gov/bci/documents/MTC01032011.pdf

This is the course found on the Utah BCI website. If students already have the course, I do not need to spend money on printing costs.

For this to work, I need to have somebody coordinate in WI. My mom is in a nursing home in Janesville and I will be staying with friends in Burlington. I will try to arrange my availability for a weekend. Going "up north" and teaching a class is probably a non-starter due to the fact that it adds just too much to my expenses and takes too much travel time that I could be spending with family and friends.

Last edited:

jpm84092

I will honor jpm's rate of $40 for this class on 2/22 at 2pm for anyone interested that mentions this post! Just call me 815-534-4867

Mike

Mr. Moore, please understand that I did not post to compete with you or to interfere with your business in any way. But let me compliment you on honoring the $40 per student rate. And, let me suggest to you, based on my experience as a teacher, that your "assign" the course content I have provided a link to. Students who have read the course content ask more informed questions.

Best of luck to you sir.

Jim

PS - Will you also teach McX for free?

MikeMoore

Jpm,

I know you weren't! But, figured I'd throw it out there so people did not have to wait. My $100 course I do it all... Class, prints, photos, and I mail the application for the student... So I think it's a HUGE bargain for students... And, I'll teach McX for free if they bring a paying friend :)

Mike

Mr. Moore, please understand that I did not post to compete with you or to interfere with your business in any way. But let me compliment you on honoring the $40 per student rate. And, let me suggest to you, based on my experience as a teacher, that your "assign" the course content I have provided a link to. Students who have read the course content ask more informed questions.

Best of luck to you sir.

Jim

PS - Will you also teach McX for free?

Jason in WI

My $100 course I do it all... Class, prints, photos, and I mail the application for the student... So I think it's a HUGE bargain for students...

That is huge, one of the the main reasons I want to take your course. I don't want to run all over getting prints and photo's.

And, I'll teach McX for free if they bring a paying friend :)

I'm McX's friend and I pay, but I can't make the twentieth :( . I'm not too sure McX even wants a permit, he always tells me; We don't need no Stinnnnnnnnnnnnnnnking permits :lol: .

Come to think of it, I had something planned the last time you had a course. One of these times it'll happen.

MikeMoore

That is huge, one of the the main reasons I want to take your course. I don't want to run all over getting prints and photo's.

I'm McX's friend and I pay, but I can't make the twentieth :( . I'm not too sure McX even wants a permit, he always tells me; We don't need no Stinnnnnnnnnnnnnnnking permits :lol: .

Come to think of it, I had something planned the last time you had a course. One of these times it'll happen.

Jason,

Give me a call 815-534-4867 and I'll setup a day you can make :)

Mike

M

McX

it appears there is a conspiracy in this thread to teach an old dog new tricks. you all honor me greatly, by your kind offers. but any class i would attend i would pay for in full. in these economic times, it's one thing to discount, but quite another to not make a dime. i see that enough with my dealings with the public these days at my shop.
someone sent me vid clips that i could actually point to, and say yep, that occurred: i want you to put a junk alternator on my car, and warranty it, and give me a discount. a variant of this, and i are now fighting with the state, as they filed a complaint on me, after ordering me to do work, then coming to the shop with an extra set of keys, and stealing the car off of our property, and skipping on the bill. Now that i am persuing them, they are still trying every trick they know to get out of paying.....like making me dance with the state.
anyway, it would be an honor to attend a class taught by any one of you, and i hope to in the future, and bring my oldest boy along for training as well. For now i have to wait, until the economy improves enough, for me to have more in my wallet other than just enough for gas to and from work, smokes, and a once a week visit to Lizzy's.
I thank all of you for thinking of me. and though it's true we dont need no steenkin permits, it would be an honor to train with and from any of you guys on here, and obtain the permit, for personal satisfaction, and something to wave at the anti's; yeah, i got a friquin permit, i got several of them right here. thanks again guys, let me know how the upcoming class this weekend is, i bet alot of fun will be had!

added on edit: i am considering putting one of these in for parkinglot security; to make sure no customer car gets broken into, nor gets up and mysteriously drives itself home to the owner, without the bill being paid. i've seen alot of crap in my day: cars bleed out in my building, cars that stank so bad you could only work on them for 5 minutes at a time before the dry heaves started, pulled dead animals out of engine compartments, and now this. God I love my job! http://www.fnherstal.com/index.php?id=658

Last edited: