Thread: TSA Agents Steal $160K from Luggage

TSA Agents Steal $160K from Luggage

Two agents working for the Transportation Security Administration have been arrested after stealing from passengers at New York’s JFK airport.

The New York Daily News reports that Davon Webb and Persad Coumar were ratted out by a colleague. Both have worked for the TSA for over five years.

The theft that doomed the two involved pocketing $40,000 from a passenger’s bag. After being interrogated they confessed to stealing as much as $160,000 from passengers, selecting victims’ bags at random.

A representative of the TSA told the Daily News that the agency’s 50,000 employees should not be stigmatized by the “disgraceful actions of a few.”

http://dailycaller.com/2011/02/16/ts...#ixzz1EFvAWnly
    -I come in peace, I didn't bring artillery. But I am pleading with you with tears in my eyes: If you screw with me, I'll kill you all.
    -Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.
    Marine General James Mattis,

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by zack991 View Post
    ...A representative of the TSA told the Daily News that the agency’s 50,000 employees should not be stigmatized by the “disgraceful actions of a few.”...[/url]
    No, they shouldn't be. But the agency should be! Procedures should be in place to stop even a single theft. Ongoing thievery should be impossible.

We either have to risk terrorists or the TSA. Which risk is greater?

Quote Originally Posted by eye95 View Post
    Same diff.
    "Don't interfere with anything in the Constitution. That must be maintained, for it is the only safeguard of our liberties."
    Abraham Lincoln

"Some time ago, a bunch of lefties defied the law by dancing at the Jefferson Memorial, resulting in their arrests. Last week, a bunch of them pulled the same stunt and - using patented Lefist techniques - provoked the Park Police into having to use force to arrest them."
    Alexcabbie

Quote Originally Posted by eye95 View Post
    No, they shouldn't be. But the agency should be! Procedures should be in place to stop even a single theft. Ongoing thievery should be impossible.

Neither the agency nor its employees should be trusted, just as one should not trust a business or its employees with a documented propensity for theft or fraud. This is HARDLY the first episode of this type involving TSA and its personnel.

A representative of the TSA told the Daily News that the agency’s 50,000 employees should not be stigmatized by the “disgraceful actions of a few.”
    What BS.

This is not the first time.

Sting nabs sticky-fingered JFK airport workers going through luggage

BY Wil Cruz
    DAILY NEWS STAFF WRITER

Wednesday, July 15th 2009, 12:08 AM

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/ny_c...#ixzz1EGCipX4T

A sting captured by security cameras nabbed two sticky-fingered airport workers who swiped electronics planted by authorities, officials said.
    "Don't interfere with anything in the Constitution. That must be maintained, for it is the only safeguard of our liberties."
    Abraham Lincoln

"Some time ago, a bunch of lefties defied the law by dancing at the Jefferson Memorial, resulting in their arrests. Last week, a bunch of them pulled the same stunt and - using patented Lefist techniques - provoked the Park Police into having to use force to arrest them."
    Alexcabbie

Airport workers are not TSA workers.

Let's concentrate for the moment on the goons paid to look at your toothpaste and measure the volume of your bottle of water.

While both crimes deserve attention and effort to find ways of preventing any repetition, the act of theft by those hired to guard us is perhaps a bit more egregious because they took place pretty much out in the open, as opposed to baggage handlers going through baggage in the depths of some back area.

stay safe.

Maybe read the whole thing?

I know, I know... who, what, where, why, when is NOT in the opening paragraph on this one.

Burton, an officer with the Transportation Security Administration, was videotaped July 7 pilfering through the Miami-bound suitcase in an airport screening room while Simmons, a baggage handler, looked on.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/ny_c...#ixzz1EGUjsYkz
    Abraham Lincoln

Alexcabbie

They say to not lump all agents into the bad apple group, but those that are not stealing, are violating peoples constitutional rights and are humiliating passengers for their own amusement. Asking questions that legally they are forbidden to ask and threaten prosecution if they don't answer. Them stealing is least of the crimes these government nazi's are getting away with.
    Last edited by zack991; 02-18-2011 at 05:06 PM.
    -I come in peace, I didn't bring artillery. But I am pleading with you with tears in my eyes: If you screw with me, I'll kill you all.
    -Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.
    Marine General James Mattis,

Founder's Club Member
    SNIP A representative of the TSA told the Daily News that the agency’s 50,000 employees should not be stigmatized by the “disgraceful actions of a few.”
    Agreed. The agency's 50K employees shouldn't be stigmatized for that.

There are plenty of other reasons to stigmatize the entire agency.

Hell, the whole agency's a discrace! And the 50,000 employees are already stigmatized by the actions of the 50,000 employees.
    "You can teach 'em, but you cant learn 'em."

First, what is a 'disgraceful action'? It's one that disgraces. So yes, their actions disgraced the agency and the other agents, many of whom also probably engage in this kind of thing.

Second, I hope they both got very thorough body cavity searches for additional cash. ;p

Quote Originally Posted by Badger Johnson View Post
    Second, I hope they both got very thorough body cavity searches for additional cash. ;p
    Not likely.... the 'accused' have rights.
    It's the law abiding public that gets unwillingly searched.
    Assault Weapon (N) “Any firearm whose design disturbs the sleep of progressive politicians.”.

Like the way ALL gun owners are portrayed as nut jobs when some whacko goes and shoots people
    Wisconsin Carry Member
    My Castle Doctrine Law

Don't wish ill upon your enemy......plan it.

Two agents working for the Transportation Security Administration have been arrested after stealing from passengers at New York’s JFK airport.

The New York Daily News reports that Davon Webb and Persad Coumar were ratted out by a colleague. Both have worked for the TSA for over five years.

The theft that doomed the two involved pocketing $40,000 from a passenger’s bag. After being interrogated they confessed to stealing as much as $160,000 from passengers, selecting victims’ bags at random.

http://dailycaller.com/2011/02/16/ts...#ixzz1EFvAWnly
    If it's money thier after just replace TSA agents with IRS agents. Now it's legal