Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Something Interesting Happened To Me Today At Shooter's Sports In Racine!

Thumbs up Something Interesting Happened To Me Today At Shooter's Sports In Racine!

I decided to help the economy and go shopping for revolvers on my wish list. Most of my wish list are guns that "Oldschool" has and I just have to catch up with him!

While waiting on the pricing for those guns on my wish list a gentleman who works in the store engaged me in a conversation about guns and training and so on. He mentioned to me that he was a Utah CCW instructor but doesn't currently do any training. Why not? He said "Hold on a minute" and took off around the corner. Guess what he brought back to show me? That's right! The WCI Constitutional Carry flyer! He was pointing out to me the Constitutional Carry paragraph and how he hopes we get it like the other states that have it. I grinned and pointed to my shirt (Wisconsin Carry written above my right pocket) and he told me he was grateful for Wisconsin Carry and all the work our organization has done for our rights in Wisconsin. The conversation continued a bit longer about Wisconsin Carry and it was all good!

Thumbs up

Awesome

McX
    you were at Shooters, and you didnt stop and show me what you bought?!l!
    Last edited by McX; 02-17-2011 at 07:30 PM. Reason: spelling

Quote Originally Posted by rcawdor57 View Post
    I decided to help the economy and go shopping for revolvers on my wish list. Most of my wish list are guns that "Oldschool" has and I just have to catch up with him!

While waiting on the pricing for those guns on my wish list a gentleman who works in the store engaged me in a conversation about guns and training and so on. He mentioned to me that he was a Utah CCW instructor but doesn't currently do any training. Why not? He said "Hold on a minute" and took off around the corner. Guess what he brought back to show me? That's right! The WCI Constitutional Carry flyer! He was pointing out to me the Constitutional Carry paragraph and how he hopes we get it like the other states that have it. I grinned and pointed to my shirt (Wisconsin Carry written above my right pocket) and he told me he was grateful for Wisconsin Carry and all the work our organization has done for our rights in Wisconsin. The conversation continued a bit longer about Wisconsin Carry and it was all good!
    +1
    My cats support the Second Amendment. NRA Life Member, NRA Instructor: Pistol, Rifle, & Personal Protection - NRA Certified Range Safety Officer, Utah BCI Certified Concealed Firearm Permit Instructor.
    "Permission Slips" from Utah, Pennsylvania, Nevada, Arizona, and Florida. _ Verily, thou shalt not fiddle with thine firearm whilst in the bathroom stall, lest thine spouse seek condolences from thine friends.

Well done. Looks like the word is getting out.
    "To sin by silence, when we should protest makes cowards out of men."
    Ella Wheeler Cox

We must contact our lawmakers today, tomorrow and the next day to remind them of Constitutional Carry.
    Laws are not written because of the actions of many, they are wrtiten because of the inactions of many.

That is fantabulous!
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. Thomas Jefferson (1776)

If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

McX
    Quote Originally Posted by protias View Post
    That is fantabulous!
    Protias, it aint that damn great, he didnt buy me anything, didnt even come to show me what he bought.

Quote Originally Posted by McX View Post
    Protias, it aint that damn great, he didnt buy me anything, didnt even come to show me what he bought.
    Or he got you something to surprise you with it? You know, you do have to wait 48 hours for a handgun.
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. Thomas Jefferson (1776)

If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

McX
    Quote Originally Posted by protias View Post
    Or he got you something to surprise you with it? You know, you do have to wait 48 hours for a handgun.
    oh yeah, this works for me, make me miserable for 48 hours.

I would have sent MCX the bill!!! haha
    IF YOU WANT TO BURN OUR AMERICAN FLAG, PLEASE WRAP YOURSELF UP IN IT FIRST...

OUTSTANDING
    Wisconsin Carry Member
    My Castle Doctrine Law

Don't wish ill upon your enemy......plan it.

McX
    Quote Originally Posted by Krusty View Post
    I would have sent MCX the bill!!! haha
    i would only pay a bill for a nice 1911.

Thumbs up Ruger Super Blackhawk in .41 Magnum

Sorry, no 1911s on order. Here is what I ordered.....this is a distributor exclusive. Has anyone ever seen a Super Blackhawk in .41 Magnum and Stainless? Nice!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ruger Super Blackhawk Stainless .41 Magnum.jpg 
Views:	73 
Size:	16.6 KB 
ID:	5248  

McX
    Sorry, no 1911s on order. Here is what I ordered.....this is a distributor exclusive. Has anyone ever seen a Super Blackhawk in .41 Magnum and Stainless? Nice!
    my youngest is slobbering all over this.

Hmm...don't let the gun rust from that slobber! :)

my youngest is slobbering all over this.
    Here are the others on my wish list: The one on the left is an 50 year anniversay Super Blackhawk in .41 magnum with Gold inlay. The one on the right is a Ruger Vaquero .45 Colt/ .45 ACP convertible in Stainless. Both are also Distributor Exclusives. I could not find the 50 year anniversary model anywhere....still looking. I will bet Oldschool already has one!

Edited to add: According to the Ruger website the 50 year anniversary model is in .44 Magnum NOT .41 magnum but....the main page for the two revolvers states "All models are .41 Magnum". Now I wonder what caliber it is? I may have to order one just to find out! I'll bet Oldschool doesn't have one of those!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ruger Super Blackhawk .41 Magnum Anniversay Model Distributor Exclusive.jpg 
Views:	54 
Size:	35.4 KB 
ID:	5249   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ruger Vaquero Stainless .45 Colt .45 ACP Convertible Distributor Exclusive.jpg 
Views:	67 
Size:	43.2 KB 
ID:	5250  
    Last edited by rcawdor57; 02-19-2011 at 05:14 PM. Reason: Correct error.

Regular Member oliverclotheshoff's Avatar
    that sure is a nice peice of hardware you picked up and that is a real compliment because i am a semi aut person
    SCOTT

"When guns are outlawed only outlaws will have guns"

"When seconds count police are minutes away"

"Dialing 911 only takes seconds but waiting for help may take the rest of your life"

http://g2-elite.com/phpbb/index.php Shed Hunting

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by oliverclotheshoff View Post
    that sure is a nice peice of hardware you picked up and that is a real compliment because i am a semi aut person
    Thanks! I haven't gotten it yet since it had to be ordered but I expect it within a week or so. I carry a Glock 36 daily but really prefer revolvers as my investment guns. I think revolvers are much more visually appealing than semis and a person can find quite a few rare revolvers for investment versus semis.

I really like the name. Oh, great looking piece too.
    Congratulations on both acquisitions.
    "In a court trial half the lawyers are wrong." - Captain Nemo

"[There is] a duty in refusing to cooperate in any undertaking that violates the Constitutional rights of the individual. This holds in particular for all inquisitions that are concerned with the private life and the political affiliations of the citizens." - Albert Einstein

gunowners.org ~ lp.org ~ downsizedc.org ~ oathkeepers.org ~ campaignforliberty.com/usa/WI/ ~ goooh.com

I am shocked that anyone at Shooters would be receptive to Constitutional Carry. The place is owned by police and ex police. Glad to hear someone has some sense there.
    In God I trust. Everyone else needs to keep your hands where I can see them.

Lightbulb I didn't know that...

Quote Originally Posted by oak1971 View Post
    I am shocked that anyone at Shooters would be receptive to Constitutional Carry. The place is owned by police and ex police. Glad to hear someone has some sense there.
    it was owned by police and ex police. The old guy that I was speaking with is the friendly guy that often offers his advice (freely) on the range and in the store about shooting stances, ammo, guns, etc. I've spoken with him several times in the past and he is the nicest person there. I have to admit though that yesterday the place was extremely busy and it took almost two hours to get the prices looked up for nine revolvers. People were coming and going and buying guns, ammo, bow and arrows and renting guns for the range. The range had no open lanes most of the time I was there. I didn't witness one single incident of rudeness by the three men working there or the young lady that was helping me. If they have good customer ethics and continue practicing them I will continue spending my cash there. If that changes then I will go elsewhere.

it was owned by police and ex police. The old guy that I was speaking with is the friendly guy that often offers his advice (freely) on the range and in the store about shooting stances, ammo, guns, etc. I've spoken with him several times in the past and he is the nicest person there. I have to admit though that yesterday the place was extremely busy and it took almost two hours to get the prices looked up for nine revolvers. People were coming and going and buying guns, ammo, bow and arrows and renting guns for the range. The range had no open lanes most of the time I was there. I didn't witness one single incident of rudeness by the three men working there or the young lady that was helping me. If they have good customer ethics and continue practicing them I will continue spending my cash there. If that changes then I will go elsewhere.
    I shot leagues there for the better part of 15 years. My only complaints are range maintenance issues and prices. I've had both good and bad customer service there, it depends on who is working that day. Not a bad place, but I wish there was an alternative in the Kenosha -Racine area to give them an incentive to go above and beyond. So far they have the market to themselves.

That is a sweet looking revolver by the way.
    Last edited by oak1971; 02-19-2011 at 03:48 PM.
    In God I trust. Everyone else needs to keep your hands where I can see them.

McX
    i beleive there is an arms race developing between RAK and OldSchool, i propose a naval blockade, and that i get to sieze all the guns!

I'm not a big revolver guy but that is a beautiful gun! I have been told by older and wiser gents, that the .41 Mag is the best all around caliber there is. I would like to have one someday.
    When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty.
    --Thomas Jefferson

I thought you were out of the running!

Congrats on the nice piece. Looks like a hunter model.
    While I'm not a .41 Mag fan, I am a huge SA revolver fan. A .45 Colt/.45 ACP convertible is on my short list as well.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast