• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Something Interesting Happened To Me Today At Shooter's Sports In Racine!

rcawdor57

Campaign Veteran
I decided to help the economy and go shopping for revolvers on my wish list. Most of my wish list are guns that "Oldschool" has and I just have to catch up with him! :)

While waiting on the pricing for those guns on my wish list a gentleman who works in the store engaged me in a conversation about guns and training and so on. He mentioned to me that he was a Utah CCW instructor but doesn't currently do any training. Why not? He said "Hold on a minute" and took off around the corner. Guess what he brought back to show me? That's right! The WCI Constitutional Carry flyer! He was pointing out to me the Constitutional Carry paragraph and how he hopes we get it like the other states that have it. I grinned and pointed to my shirt (Wisconsin Carry written above my right pocket) and he told me he was grateful for Wisconsin Carry and all the work our organization has done for our rights in Wisconsin. The conversation continued a bit longer about Wisconsin Carry and it was all good!

M

McX

you were at Shooters, and you didnt stop and show me what you bought?!l!

Last edited:

jpm84092

I decided to help the economy and go shopping for revolvers on my wish list. Most of my wish list are guns that "Oldschool" has and I just have to catch up with him! :)

While waiting on the pricing for those guns on my wish list a gentleman who works in the store engaged me in a conversation about guns and training and so on. He mentioned to me that he was a Utah CCW instructor but doesn't currently do any training. Why not? He said "Hold on a minute" and took off around the corner. Guess what he brought back to show me? That's right! The WCI Constitutional Carry flyer! He was pointing out to me the Constitutional Carry paragraph and how he hopes we get it like the other states that have it. I grinned and pointed to my shirt (Wisconsin Carry written above my right pocket) and he told me he was grateful for Wisconsin Carry and all the work our organization has done for our rights in Wisconsin. The conversation continued a bit longer about Wisconsin Carry and it was all good!

+1

protias

Protias, it aint that damn great, he didnt buy me anything, didnt even come to show me what he bought.

Or he got you something to surprise you with it? You know, you do have to wait 48 hours for a handgun. ;)

XDFDE45

OUTSTANDING
eusa_clap.gif

rcawdor57

Campaign Veteran
Ruger Super Blackhawk in .41 Magnum

i would only pay a bill for a nice 1911.

Sorry, no 1911s on order. Here is what I ordered.....this is a distributor exclusive. Has anyone ever seen a Super Blackhawk in .41 Magnum and Stainless? Nice!

Attachments

• Ruger Super Blackhawk Stainless .41 Magnum.jpg
    Ruger Super Blackhawk Stainless .41 Magnum.jpg
    16.6 KB · Views: 81
M

McX

Sorry, no 1911s on order. Here is what I ordered.....this is a distributor exclusive. Has anyone ever seen a Super Blackhawk in .41 Magnum and Stainless? Nice!

my youngest is slobbering all over this.

rcawdor57

Campaign Veteran
Hmm...don't let the gun rust from that slobber! :)

my youngest is slobbering all over this.

Here are the others on my wish list: The one on the left is an 50 year anniversay Super Blackhawk in .41 magnum with Gold inlay. The one on the right is a Ruger Vaquero .45 Colt/ .45 ACP convertible in Stainless. Both are also Distributor Exclusives. I could not find the 50 year anniversary model anywhere....still looking. I will bet Oldschool already has one! :)

Edited to add: According to the Ruger website the 50 year anniversary model is in .44 Magnum NOT .41 magnum but....the main page for the two revolvers states "All models are .41 Magnum". Now I wonder what caliber it is? I may have to order one just to find out! I'll bet Oldschool doesn't have one of those! :)

Attachments

• Ruger Super Blackhawk .41 Magnum Anniversay Model Distributor Exclusive.jpg
    Ruger Super Blackhawk .41 Magnum Anniversay Model Distributor Exclusive.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 59
  • Ruger Vaquero Stainless .45 Colt .45 ACP Convertible Distributor Exclusive.jpg
    Ruger Vaquero Stainless .45 Colt .45 ACP Convertible Distributor Exclusive.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 74
Last edited:

rcawdor57

Campaign Veteran
that sure is a nice peice of hardware you picked up and that is a real compliment because i am a semi aut person

Thanks! I haven't gotten it yet since it had to be ordered but I expect it within a week or so. I carry a Glock 36 daily but really prefer revolvers as my investment guns. I think revolvers are much more visually appealing than semis and a person can find quite a few rare revolvers for investment versus semis.

oak1971

I am shocked that anyone at Shooters would be receptive to Constitutional Carry. The place is owned by police and ex police. Glad to hear someone has some sense there.

rcawdor57

Campaign Veteran
I didn't know that...

I am shocked that anyone at Shooters would be receptive to Constitutional Carry. The place is owned by police and ex police. Glad to hear someone has some sense there.

it was owned by police and ex police. The old guy that I was speaking with is the friendly guy that often offers his advice (freely) on the range and in the store about shooting stances, ammo, guns, etc. I've spoken with him several times in the past and he is the nicest person there. I have to admit though that yesterday the place was extremely busy and it took almost two hours to get the prices looked up for nine revolvers. People were coming and going and buying guns, ammo, bow and arrows and renting guns for the range. The range had no open lanes most of the time I was there. I didn't witness one single incident of rudeness by the three men working there or the young lady that was helping me. If they have good customer ethics and continue practicing them I will continue spending my cash there. If that changes then I will go elsewhere.