Thread: Illegal sign in Erlanger ky

Illegal sign in Erlanger ky

I noticed this the other day that is says weapons are prohibited in the park by city ordinance . I thought city's could not do this as it over rules state law

Sorry picture didn't post

The problem is they cannot forbid switchblades, brass knuckles, etc. if you have your CDWL. All those prohibitions would be out.
    Speed is fine
    Accuracy is final

Quote Originally Posted by gutshot View Post
    Here's the ordinance:
    http://www.amlegal.com/nxt/gateway.d...al:erlanger_ky

Go to General Regulations, then Chapter 96: Parks and Recreation.

TEXT

Bookmark§ 96.26 DRUGS; FIREARMS.

The possession of any dangerous drugs, fireworks, brass knuckles, blackjack, billy, or a knife with a gravity or switchblade, or a blade in excess of three (3) inches.

(Ord. 2302, passed 6-3-08) Penalty, see § 96.99

Funny how firearms appears in the title but not in the body of the ordinance. My guess is it was there originally then the city found out it was illegal and they deleted the word firearm from the body of the ordinance, but didn't delete it from the title or change the sign. You should ask for an explanation and tell them to take the signs down.

I agree with you, just wondering if anyone noticed the ordinance (96.27) listed right below this one :

All persons who enter into or upon any park thereby consent to a search of their person, property, and motor vehicles by any peace officer of the Commonwealth of Kentucky; and the removal therefrom and the forfeiture of all articles possessed in violation of the terms and provisions hereof.

Kentucky Revised Statute 65.870 ONLY Prohibits Local Regulation of Firearms and Ammunition, however; any other Local Ordinance Regulating Non-Firearms and Non-Ammuntion would be Permissable by its own Terms.

Although a Kentucky Weapons License Holder can Legally Carry a Weapon, Locals can Prohibit it, atleast for now... as Revenge..., in Retaliation to Kentucky Revised Statute 65.870.

Non-Firearms and Non-Ammuniton Items would have to be Added under Kentucky Revised Statute 65.870, as has done Arizona, in Order to Eliminate The Validity of this Erlanger, Kentucky Ordinance.

Activist Member
    I wouldnt mind giving it a try sometime. where exactly is erlanger in KY?

Quote Originally Posted by KYGlockster View Post
    I wouldnt mind giving it a try sometime. where exactly is erlanger in KY?

up north, just south of Cincinnati