• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Modesto - Neighborhood May Hire Armed Guards in Face of Crime

ConditionThree

State Pioneer
http://sacramento.cbslocal.com/2011...d-may-hire-armed-guards-to-cut-down-on-crime/

MODESTO (CBS13) – Residents in a Modesto neighborhood are so concerned about crime they may bring in armed security guards...

...Residents must first approve the plan to bring in armed security guards and at least 500 residents will have to pay $25 a month for the patrol.

Other than purchasing your own weapon and ammunition, open carry is free. A community will pay for others to show up with guns, but reject armed citizenry? Seems to me, that the area is ripe for a defensive walk.

Lawful Aim

A sign of the times and we will certainly be seeing more of the same occurring in various areas.

devildoc5

http://sacramento.cbslocal.com/2011...d-may-hire-armed-guards-to-cut-down-on-crime/

Other than purchasing your own weapon and ammunition, open carry is free. A community will pay for others to show up with guns, but reject armed citizenry? Seems to me, that the area is ripe for a defensive walk.

The sad part is that not a songle one of those 500 required families would be likely to vote for a shall issue or LOC bill.

Even worse is that in the course of a year those families will each have paid for a new glock plus a few boxes of ammo.

And theb they could be protected both at home and out at work/shopping/dinner/everywhere else....

Wonder if anybody tried posing this to them as a counter idea?

Citizens block patrol sounds a little more effective to me...

CenTex

If they succeed, wait until the first lawsuit comes their way for one of their armed guards wounding someone breaking into a home with a gun. They better be prepared with a lot of money in hand.

KAISER-MAN

Armed patrols in Modesto neighborhood, what a hoot!

What good could come of this? These armed patrols can't even arrest someone let alone touch them, unless it would be in self defense. The company is said to carry 5 to 10 million in liability insurance and they'll need it if someone is shot. The Modesto police have been on a terror in the last several months shooting and killing a man in his house at a party, who was said to be armed with a knife, turned out to be a spatula. Also shot and killed a man, while wounding his girlfriend in the face and head, when they cornered him and he supposedly try to back his pick-up at them. The sheriff's department not to be out done, had a female officer respond to a 415 at a house that was rented from the officers dad, argued for over 45 minutes with the female renter, when the renter pulled something from her coat, the female officer shot her dead. So I don't know why these neighborhoods need armed patrols when they have these trigger friendly cops? As for me, if I caught someone breaking into my car or house, I would tell them I have some good news and some bad news. The good news is that I'm NOT calling the cops. The bad news is that I'm not calling the cops. Enough said......

Cry havoc and let loose the dogs of war!!!
W. Shakespere