Thread: Beretta 92a1 9x19mm

Beretta 92a1 9x19mm

Got this gun and love it. Already put grips on and a light/laser sight. the a1 has an internal recoil buffer, very nice. Im not a beliver in the .45 vs 9mm stopping power cause well.... how many people have body armor and if so how many have head/should/leg protection...

any thoughts what should be or what could be a better open carry weapon in 9mm?

The beretta also has a 3, 17 round clips.

XD(M) or Glock 19 since they have 19 round MAGAZINES, although I have to hand it to Glock since you can get a 33rd MAGAZINE even though the standard XD has a 30rd MAGAZINE option but only 16rd MAGAZINES otherwise. Other than the MAGAZINE capacities, it's going to boil down to personal preference.
    Last edited by onlurker; 02-17-2011 at 09:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by onlurker View Post
    XD(M) or Glock 19 since they have 19 round MAGAZINES, although I have to hand it to Glock since you can get a 33rd MAGAZINE even though the standard XD has a 30rd MAGAZINE option but only 16rd MAGAZINES otherwise. Other than the MAGAZINE capacities, it's going to boil down to personal preference.
    The Glock 19 comes with 15rd mags, not 19 lol. Though you can use Glock 17 mags (17rds) or Glock 18 mags (33rds)

I would say 17 rounds with the Beretta is going to be fine compared to the others. I think I picked the perfect gun for me.

Cheers, Josh!
    I keep on hearing Glock love from everyone, but I just don't feel it, we need to start a Beretta club. Glocks have way too much plastic and not enough metal and wood for me.
    I just got a 92f compact myself. It's small enough for concealed carry for me. Uses 8 or 10 round mags, but I'm cool with it. How many criminals are gonna stick around or be standing long enough for you to finish off the first 8 anyway?

I completely agree! Beretta has been around to long not to show them love!

Activist Member
    The Beretta 92A1 is a great choice.

Use the Mec-Gar 18 round flush fit mags or the Mec-gar 20 round mags. (They stick out from the base like half an inch.) The Mec-Gar mags are superior to the factory mags I think.

I often carry a 92FS with a Mec-Gar 18 rounder.

30-34 round mags exist but they are all made by eagle/promag/noname mags and they are hit and miss quality and reliability.

I like the 92G configuration better than the 92F configuration. The 92G only has a decocker lever, whereas the 92F has a safety lever that is also a decocker.
    Last edited by Felid`Maximus; 02-21-2011 at 04:33 PM.

I was out gun shopping yesterday and stumbled on a berretta px4sc. Its a really well desinged gun and not what I was expecting from Berretta. If it shoots as good as it looks, I just might buy it!
    Last edited by Loneviking; 02-24-2011 at 05:12 PM.