• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Kum & Go gas Station.

Beau

Good job.

I doubt this will make the news though. 1) you didn't shoot anyone. 2) Your gun didn't rampage killing inocent children.

That does suck that you didn't at least get an atta boy.

I am wondering how you were carrying at the time though. OC or CC. It couldn't have been OC because if you were you would have been shot or stabbed and had your weapon taken away and used against you. :)

I'm also wondering how you felt afterward. Did you feel sick because of the adrenaline dump? Were you freaked out because you could of had to shoot someone?

Again good job. :monkey

XDSTEEL

foia

can you request the police report or the link to a news paper because it will at least be in the daily police blotter or report section of your newspaper?

Josh.M

Good job.

I doubt this will make the news though. 1) you didn't shoot anyone. 2) Your gun didn't rampage killing inocent children.

That does suck that you didn't at least get an atta boy. As for how I felt afterwards.... I am wondering how you were carrying at the time though. OC or CC. It couldn't have been OC because if you were you would have been shot or stabbed and had your weapon taken away and used against you. :)

I'm also wondering how you felt afterward. Did you feel sick because of the adrenaline dump? Were you freaked out because you could of had to shoot someone?

Again good job. :monkey

I was indeed Open-Carry. I was by the soda fredge where some of the tall vendor stands were blocking me. Only the manger saw me go back there. I saw the 2 hooded men walk by the window as I was heading back. The windows are darker outside so they couldnt make anything out if they tried.

EDIT: I'm 5'6" if that explains the no visual more, lol. I couldn't stop my knees from shaking. They were not shaking while it happened but afterwards while fileing my statement report I couldn't stop them from shaking. I wasn't afraid or scared or anything, the police woman told me it was left over built-up adrenaline. I didn't think I was a hero or anything but for the next 4 to 6 hours that night I could not sleep or anything. I couldn't stop replaying the whole thing in my head over and over.

As for the report or new papers. I have not been contacted by any investigators or reporters nore has the manager. The news doesnt just apear... Someone has to contact them which no one did or wanted to. Even if they did I would not of talked to them for my own reasons of not making my self a public witness. As for the Police report I have a Pink-paper copy of it but no scanner and if I did scan it, it contains personal information on and about me in serveral areas...

Last edited:

Ian

Lone Star Veteran
Josh,

Due to your recent join date and number of posts, I'm sure you can see why a lot of us are skeptical and asking for some kind of proof that this happened. Again, nothing against you, it's just that a lot of people come on here with BS stories and if a story with a happy ending like this is true, we would all like to know.

Are you able to maybe put pieces of paper over personal information for the police report and take a picture?

since9

Campaign Veteran
can you request the police report or the link to a news paper because it will at least be in the daily police blotter or report section of your newspaper?

I'd like to see the OP's story in print, as well. These sorts of stories appear on multiple printed and TV news channels when they happen.

How about it, OP? Date? Time?

As for location, there is no Kum & Go on 37th anywhere in Greeley, but there is a Kum & Go on 37th in Evans, CO, which butts up next to Greeley.

I called the store and spoke to the current shift supervisor (on duty now and has been for the last week). The supervisor reported they've had four drive-offs over the last week, but certainly no robberies. The supervisor also stated any robberies within the Denver Metropolitan Area would have reached them via a briefing binder, along with reminders of various critical procedures for them to follow.

Finally, the supervisor reported there haven't been any robberies at the store in the last couple of years involving a privately armed citizen coming to the rescue of the staff and/or detaining the perps until the police arrived.

Ian

Lone Star Veteran
And these are the reasons why we are always suspicious. This story is looking more and more like it never happened.

mahkagari

As for the report or new papers. I have not been contacted by any investigators or reporters nore has the manager. The news doesnt just apear... Someone has to contact them which no one did or wanted to.

Not quite. There are people whose job it is to listen to scanners and watch the daily public available records for police activity. The "police blotter" someone referred to is just that. The major newspapers will print the record of police activity for the previous day.

My first thought on reading the article was, "There are 12 police cars in Greeley?" I really underestimate that place.

Those of you who turned this topic from a post showing good people with guns can make a difference into a bitching contest....

"Hi Josh, I'm the internent. How do you do?"

bomber

trolled_hard.jpg

Gunslinger

I'd like to see the OP's story in print, as well. These sorts of stories appear on multiple printed and TV news channels when they happen.

How about it, OP? Date? Time?

As for location, there is no Kum & Go on 37th anywhere in Greeley, but there is a Kum & Go on 37th in Evans, CO, which butts up next to Greeley.

I called the store and spoke to the current shift supervisor (on duty now and has been for the last week). The supervisor reported they've had four drive-offs over the last week, but certainly no robberies. The supervisor also stated any robberies within the Denver Metropolitan Area would have reached them via a briefing binder, along with reminders of various critical procedures for them to follow.

Finally, the supervisor reported there haven't been any robberies at the store in the last couple of years involving a privately armed citizen coming to the rescue of the staff and/or detaining the perps until the police arrived.

Nice work, Since. I was withholding comments until something concrete appeared. Looks like that isn't happening anytime soon. Did I tell you how I stopped a robbery of the State Bank in Calhan yesterday? And by zombies...

since9

Campaign Veteran
Did I tell you how I stopped a robbery of the State Bank in Calhan yesterday? And by zombies...

Just a state bank, huh? I read on another forum it was one of the Federal Reserve Banks, and that you saved all $11.04 Billion of their gold deposits, so don't be so modest! Way to go!

I read it online, so it must be true.

Entartet17, I'm sure gunslinger appreciates your assist as much as I appreciate both your all's humor!

Last edited:

Beau

Well I'll give him a c+ in creative writing at least. He hasn't answered my PM's and probably won't. I don't understand why people would want to make stuff like that up.

MKEgal

Beau said:
I don't understand why people would want to make stuff like that up.
Because for the most part OCing is pretty boring, kinda like real life? :confused:
Because some people want attention?
Because some people want other people to think they're Hot Stuff?

js5439

that was some dedicated troll busting,
its sad when people make things up like that
it insults us true heroes,
i mean they did base die hard on my true story......
:D