• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

We all know about 911...

amlevin

My local jurisdiction want EVERY call to the PD routed through 911. That's right, a call to find out if it's legal to park in front of your house, if you can park the RV for a day or so, etc.

I guess it cuts down on their need to staff the phone at the station but it can also lead to longer times just to get someone to answer at the emergency center.

sultan62

Some user around here has the following as his sig, which I believe sums it up best:

"Why Carry? Because 1911>911."

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Because that's what they told me in elementary school. I'm sure I still have the colorful 911 bag with the coloring books and crayons tucked away in a closet somewhere.

They told me a lot of things in elementary school that turned out to be false. :banghead:

Joeroket, I think you are missing the definite sarcastic tone from Green - progressed beyond elementary school rhetoric I believe.

jarhead1911A

But did you know you must be the victim to report a theft???!?!?!?!?!

Yes you heard me right! While you are being robbed on a bus, you must place a call to the 911 emergency line and tell them you are being confronted by thieves!!!

http://www.komonews.com/news/local/116456603.html?

" 911 what are you reporting.."
ME: I just shot to intruders in my home
911: Im sorry u can not report this
ME: Hold on i will see if one of them can come to my phone while they are bleeding all over my floor

Ya that makes perfect logical sense........

And people wonder why an armed person dosnt rely on Law Enforcement.

amlevin

" 911 what are you reporting.."
ME: I just shot to intruders in my home
911: Im sorry u can not report this
ME: Hold on i will see if one of them can come to my phone while they are bleeding all over my floor

Ya that makes perfect logical sense........

And people wonder why an armed person dosnt rely on Law Enforcement.

If you want to staff all the 911 call centers with "smart" you've got to pay for "smart".
Kind of like Wal-Mart. Wages dictate the IQ of the applicant pool.

sudden valley gunner

And people wonder why an armed person dosnt rely on Law Enforcement.[/QUOTE]

And we are forced to pay for the illusion of safety for those who refuse to arm and protect themselves.

donsk

Come on, we have what, 10% unemployment running right now? There has to be some very qualified unemployed people who would love to have a steady okay paying job....besides, it doesn't take "smart" to identify if a call needs an officer immediately, it takes common sense and no ego.

If you want to staff all the 911 call centers with "smart" you've got to pay for "smart".
Kind of like Wal-Mart. Wages dictate the IQ of the applicant pool.