Thread: Holster type?

Holster type?

Since I have just recently purchased my first handgun I am still unsure of which holster I want. Does anyone have an opinion on my first choice, ( Blackhawk Serpa) I do a lot of riding dirtbikes/Atv's and I like the idea of the serpa locking the gun in place, plus it's affordable.

Blackhawk!

The Blackhawk Serpa and the Safariland with an active retention system are both very good.

Since this is your first handgun, make sure you get over to Center Target in Post Falls and take a few of their classes. I have found there staff to be very helpful and knowledgeable. The indoor range is pretty nice too.

I have ordered the Blackhawk Serpa online!

I drive past that place on a regular basis. I plan on going their for some practice
    Also I planned on getting my CWL however, I guess I have to first attend hunters safety.

No need for the hunter safety class, at least in the Boise area. Just call your Sheriff's office and see what they recommend. Of course, taking hunter safety is a good idea, almost all training is good.

Why would you want hunters safety as your training for carrying concealed. When the hell did a deer shoot back?

Quote Originally Posted by jedmonds View Post
    I have ordered the Blackhawk Serpa online!

I drive past that place on a regular basis. I plan on going their for some practice
    Also I planned on getting my CWL however, I guess I have to first attend hunters safety.
    If you take one of the entry level classes at CTS, that will meet the training requirement for Idaho. Don't waste your time with Hunter's Ed. I recommend Basic Pistol and Defensive Handgun 1 to begin with. Don't just practice shooting at paper, get the training to go along with the responsibility.

http://www.centertargetsports.com/edu_civilian.cfm
    Last edited by Vandal; 02-23-2011 at 06:09 PM.