Thread: Sick Day

Sick Day

"The beauty of the Second Amenment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it." Thomas Jefferson
    "Evil often triumphs, but never conquers." Joseph Roux
    http://nwfood.shelfreliance.com

Excellent

Lucky burglar .. Knife in hand etc. and survived.
    - Good for the home owner, I hope no charges will be brought on the home owner.
    ~ ENCLAVE vmc ~
    The Enclave is looking for patriotic motorcycle riders in Washington State who support liberty and freedom for all. ~ Check us out!
    ~
    * " To be swayed neither by the opponent nor by his sword is the essence of swordsmanship." - Miyamoto Musashi.

I don't think this homeowner was very smart. The story doesn't say whether or not the burglar gave up the knife; I assume he did. I would NOT drag a criminal into my house or physically touch him to detain him, that's very dangerous should the burglar decide to fight the home owner or take away the gun. I would have stayed inside, called police, and kept my gun ready and taken up a defensive position. I would not even let the burglar know I am home unless he gained entry to the house. Since the burglar is armed with a knife, I would be justified to shoot in self defense. This home owner was very stupid and very lucky the burglar surrendered. He will also be very lucky if the burglar doesn't sue HIM for assault, since he admitted pistol whipping the guy. I hope he knows a damn good attorney. Stupid, stupid, stupid! Yeah, I know, we all want to cheer for the home owner because he stopped and caught a BG. Doesn't change the fact that the home owner committed a crime too; he may pay dear for it. I am VERY surprised that SPD didn't charge the home owner.
    Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful committed citizens can change the world; it's the only thing that ever does.- Margaret Mead

Those who will not fight for justice today will fight for their lives in the future,

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote. Benjamin Franklin

Plus the fact that we all know you don't fire warning shots.
    Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful committed citizens can change the world; it's the only thing that ever does.- Margaret Mead

Those who will not fight for justice today will fight for their lives in the future,

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote. Benjamin Franklin

+1 Ruby.

I really don't care if the burglar got pistol-whipped for breaking into the guy's house for a third time, but this homeowner handled it like a big dumba$$. Watching too much tv and not knowing enough about the reality of self-defense. You don't shoot around someone without the intent to kill/stop them (because it shows that you weren't really in fear of your life) and you sure as heck don't pistol-whip them and yank them into your house. And hold them by the hair? Talk about naive. The guy's lucky the man didn't disarm him being so unnecessarily close to the burglar. Since he didn't get burgled a third time, maybe he'll have some extra money to take a real training course now...he sure as heck needs it, he's gonna get himself killed with his own gun. Not to mention upping his chances of losing his whole house.
    Last edited by skiingislife725; 02-18-2011 at 11:09 PM.

I agree that there a lot of things he didn't do right, but at the end of the day the good guy won and I will still cheer for that.
    Keep Calm and Carry On,

Snarly

Pro Deo, Pro Familia, Pro Patria