• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Attn:KY, OH, TN, residents. My rights were violated tonight.

KYGlockster

Activist Member
there is Disorderly Conduct in the 1st and 2nd degree in KY. openly carrying a firearm doesnt constitute either one of them. It is an act protected by our constitution, and the KY supreme court has ruled that no govt. agency, meaning any leo, can question one for doing so or ones right to do so. if you get stopped for doing so, they already have gone against their oath to protect the state const. and they are opening themselves up quick for a lawsuit. they can not stop you, they can not detain you, ask for your license, "unless you are driving a vehicle," disarm you, and if they do any of these things they are breaking the law. I would suggest doing some research on supreme court rulings in KY, and such and throw that at any leo that wants to act like he gets to tell people what rights they can and cant exercise.

Thundar

KYGlockster, my post was about why the customer might have been motivated to tell PPB management about a man with a gun. That was the root of the problem, wasn't it, a customer complained?

The root of the problem has nothing to do with a hoplophobic ninny.

The root of the problem is the Lexington OEOs violating the rights of an OCer. The OEOs must be made to respect the law. (Be a LEO, not an OEO)

09jisaac

The root of the problem has nothing to do with a hoplophobic ninny.

In my opinion that is exactly what the problem is. Media portrays firearms as weapons or tools of destruction, never as tools for obtaining what you want (food, protection, recreation, violence).