Results 1 to 11 of 11

Thread: I'm Glad That's Over

  1. #1
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Las Vegas, Nv
    Posts
    12

    I'm Glad That's Over

    OC'd at my credit union today, IBEWPlus on Jones, been a member there since 73. Most nervous I've been so far as I wanted a positive experience there.
    No problems at all. Made sure I stayed visible the whole time, there were at least 6 members in line behind me and the same number of tellers and office personel.
    I feel alot better now. I wasn't going to drink tonight but!

  2. #2
    Regular Member Sabotage70's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Fabulous Las Vegas, NV, ,
    Posts
    844
    Congrats, glad everything worked out for you. The more you carry, the easier it'll get.
    EDC=XDm40 16+1+16+16

    RED DRAGONS!!!!

  3. #3
    Regular Member BBJCaptain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Las Vegas, Nevada, USA
    Posts
    39
    That's good to know that I am not the only one OC in IBEW. I have been going into
    the one by Home Depot off of Sunset (SE). I have been carrying there for about 1 yr
    and been a member for 25yrs. They just closed that branch down and moved everyone
    to the branch on E.Sahara and Nellis. That location has been broken into 4 times now
    at night and they put up a double door entry system with a metal detector in between
    the 2 doors. If you set off the metal detector the door locks behind you and you can't
    get back out or in the lobby. The wife got stuck until she showed them inside her purse.
    I haven't tried to go in yet OC (haven't had to do any banking yet) but I may run into
    you at the branch on Jones from time to time now. I have OC there about 10 times
    with no trouble.
    Last edited by BBJCaptain; 02-22-2011 at 04:26 AM.

  4. #4
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Las Vegas, ,
    Posts
    120
    Quote Originally Posted by BBJCaptain View Post
    ...If you set off the metal detector the door locks behind you and you can't get back out or in the lobby...
    This sounds like a lawsuit waiting to happen. Someone with a phobia of enclosed spaces could easily sue for the trauma this would cause and they would probably win.

  5. #5
    Regular Member BBJCaptain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Las Vegas, Nevada, USA
    Posts
    39
    Quote Originally Posted by SoLasVegas View Post
    This sounds like a lawsuit waiting to happen. Someone with a phobia of enclosed spaces could easily sue for the trauma this would cause and they would probably win.
    You would think so!!! I am in China right now for work or I would try this out to see what happens. I won't be home for about 3 weeks, but when I get back I will see how this plays out.

  6. #6
    Regular Member Nevada carrier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    The Epicenter of Freedom
    Posts
    1,297
    I'm surprised the "great firewall of China" let you onto a gun forum.

  7. #7
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Las Vegas, Nevada, USA
    Posts
    208
    Quote Originally Posted by SoLasVegas View Post
    This sounds like a lawsuit waiting to happen. Someone with a phobia of enclosed spaces could easily sue for the trauma this would cause and they would probably win.
    Lawsuit... or have them arrested. They have NO legal authority. Go in, get locked between the doors, call the police for being unlawfully detained/kidnapped, refuse any of your kidnappers demands unless they ask you to leave and unlock the door, then await the police outside.

    NRS 200.460 Definition; penalties.
    1. False imprisonment is an unlawful violation of the personal liberty of another, and consists in confinement or detention without sufficient legal authority.
    2. A person convicted of false imprisonment shall pay all damages sustained by the person so imprisoned, and, except as otherwise provided in this section, is guilty of a gross misdemeanor.
    3. Unless a greater penalty is provided pursuant to subsection 4, if the false imprisonment is committed:
    (a) By a prisoner in a penal institution without a deadly weapon; or
    (b) By any other person with the use of a deadly weapon,
    the person convicted of such a false imprisonment is guilty of a category B felony and shall be punished by imprisonment in the state prison for a minimum term of not less than 1 year and a maximum term of not more than 6 years.
    4. Unless a greater penalty is provided pursuant to subsection 5, if the false imprisonment is committed by using the person so imprisoned as a shield or to avoid arrest, the person convicted of such a false imprisonment is guilty of a category B felony and shall be punished by imprisonment in the state prison for a minimum term of not less than 1 year and a maximum term of not more than 15 years.
    5. If the false imprisonment is committed by a prisoner who is in lawful custody or confinement with the use of a deadly weapon, the person convicted of such a false imprisonment is guilty of a category B felony and shall be punished by imprisonment in the state prison for a minimum term of not less than 1 year and a maximum term of not more than 20 years.
    [1911 C&P 175; RL 6440; NCL 10122]—(NRS A 1967, 472; 1981, 614; 1995, 1190; 2003, 387
    Last edited by gmijackso; 02-23-2011 at 03:15 AM.

  8. #8
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Las Vegas, Nevada, USA
    Posts
    260
    Wow I've never heard of a business having an auto locking door with metal detectors. We should all go there some day, all day long, one at a time, and keep setting it off and see how they deal with that. That seems like a serious inconvenience. Do they have signs that say no guns? I really hope that doesn't catch on in other types of business. Buying an engagement ring? get locked in. Going to get groceries? get locked in. Want to buy a suit? get locked in. That could really inconvenience anyone who carries, oc or concealed. I'm not aware of any wells fargos(my bank) that do this, or I'd be finding a new bank. Sahara and Nellis is SO far away from where i live too heh. I want to go check it out though. I can't believe they made your wife show inside her purse. It's none of their business what she has in there. Would they not let her leave until she did? Or was that in order to get in?

  9. #9
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Las Vegas, Nv
    Posts
    12

    At Night?

    The Captain says that location has been broken into 4 times at night.
    Sooooo! They put up the double doors to catch the night time perpatrators during the day. Makes sense to me. Duh!
    Maybe it's time to meet with the Branch Manager for a little discussion session.
    I usually show up at the Jones branch on Thur. wearing some item with the IBEW logo.
    Been a member since 67.
    Hope to see you there sometime Captain.

  10. #10
    Regular Member BBJCaptain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Las Vegas, Nevada, USA
    Posts
    39
    Quote Originally Posted by Kahrboy40 View Post
    The Captain says that location has been broken into 4 times at night.
    Sooooo! They put up the double doors to catch the night time perpatrators during the day. Makes sense to me. Duh!
    Maybe it's time to meet with the Branch Manager for a little discussion session.
    I usually show up at the Jones branch on Thur. wearing some item with the IBEW logo.
    Been a member since 67.
    Hope to see you there sometime Captain.
    Me too,


    I haven't been to the branch yet to see the set up for myself, so I am not 100% sure how they have it. I do plan on checking it out when I get back. I am very curious how they have the signage posted outside the entry.

    They stopped cashing checks for about 6mths. You could only make deposits. They put up the new security at the entry door and now they will give out cash. Not sure why they decided to do this since the bank has never been robbed during banking hours and all they got was the electronics stuff, tv's and computers and the like. A little over kill if you ask me.

    I was surprised too, they block some stuff over here but I wasn't sure if I was going to be able to log on.
    Last edited by BBJCaptain; 02-24-2011 at 05:06 AM.

  11. #11
    Regular Member jdholmes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Henderson, Nevada
    Posts
    488
    Quote Originally Posted by BBJCaptain View Post
    Me too,


    I haven't been to the branch yet to see the set up for myself, so I am not 100% sure how they have it. I do plan on checking it out when I get back. I am very curious how they have the signage posted outside the entry.

    They stopped cashing checks for about 6mths. You could only make deposits. They put up the new security at the entry door and now they will give out cash. Not sure why they decided to do this since the bank has never been robbed during banking hours and all they got was the electronics stuff, tv's and computers and the like. A little over kill if you ask me.

    I was surprised too, they block some stuff over here but I wasn't sure if I was going to be able to log on.
    On a side note - I don't think this site is recognized as a 'gun site'. My firewall at work blocks me from visiting any site that has to do with firearms but I can get here no problem. Maybe forums are an exception?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •