• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

I'm Glad That's Over

Kahrboy40

OC'd at my credit union today, IBEWPlus on Jones, been a member there since 73. Most nervous I've been so far as I wanted a positive experience there.
No problems at all. Made sure I stayed visible the whole time, there were at least 6 members in line behind me and the same number of tellers and office personel.
I feel alot better now. I wasn't going to drink tonight but!:banana:

BBJCaptain

That's good to know that I am not the only one OC in IBEW. I have been going into
the one by Home Depot off of Sunset (SE). I have been carrying there for about 1 yr
and been a member for 25yrs. They just closed that branch down and moved everyone
to the branch on E.Sahara and Nellis. That location has been broken into 4 times now
at night and they put up a double door entry system with a metal detector in between
the 2 doors. If you set off the metal detector the door locks behind you and you can't
get back out or in the lobby. The wife got stuck until she showed them inside her purse.
I haven't tried to go in yet OC (haven't had to do any banking yet) but I may run into
you at the branch on Jones from time to time now. I have OC there about 10 times
with no trouble.

Last edited:

SoLasVegas

...If you set off the metal detector the door locks behind you and you can't get back out or in the lobby...

This sounds like a lawsuit waiting to happen. Someone with a phobia of enclosed spaces could easily sue for the trauma this would cause and they would probably win.

BBJCaptain

This sounds like a lawsuit waiting to happen. Someone with a phobia of enclosed spaces could easily sue for the trauma this would cause and they would probably win.

You would think so!!! I am in China right now for work or I would try this out to see what happens. I won't be home for about 3 weeks, but when I get back I will see how this plays out.

gmijackso

Lawsuit... or have them arrested. They have NO legal authority. Go in, get locked between the doors, call the police for being unlawfully detained/kidnapped, refuse any of your kidnappers demands unless they ask you to leave and unlock the door, then await the police outside.

NRS 200.460 Definition; penalties.
1. False imprisonment is an unlawful violation of the personal liberty of another, and consists in confinement or detention without sufficient legal authority.
2. A person convicted of false imprisonment shall pay all damages sustained by the person so imprisoned, and, except as otherwise provided in this section, is guilty of a gross misdemeanor.
3. Unless a greater penalty is provided pursuant to subsection 4, if the false imprisonment is committed:
(a) By a prisoner in a penal institution without a deadly weapon; or
(b) By any other person with the use of a deadly weapon,
Ê the person convicted of such a false imprisonment is guilty of a category B felony and shall be punished by imprisonment in the state prison for a minimum term of not less than 1 year and a maximum term of not more than 6 years.
4. Unless a greater penalty is provided pursuant to subsection 5, if the false imprisonment is committed by using the person so imprisoned as a shield or to avoid arrest, the person convicted of such a false imprisonment is guilty of a category B felony and shall be punished by imprisonment in the state prison for a minimum term of not less than 1 year and a maximum term of not more than 15 years.
5. If the false imprisonment is committed by a prisoner who is in lawful custody or confinement with the use of a deadly weapon, the person convicted of such a false imprisonment is guilty of a category B felony and shall be punished by imprisonment in the state prison for a minimum term of not less than 1 year and a maximum term of not more than 20 years.
[1911 C&P § 175; RL § 6440; NCL § 10122]—(NRS A 1967, 472; 1981, 614; 1995, 1190; 2003, 387

Last edited:

Lostlittlerobot

Wow I've never heard of a business having an auto locking door with metal detectors. We should all go there some day, all day long, one at a time, and keep setting it off and see how they deal with that. That seems like a serious inconvenience. Do they have signs that say no guns? I really hope that doesn't catch on in other types of business. Buying an engagement ring? get locked in. Going to get groceries? get locked in. Want to buy a suit? get locked in. That could really inconvenience anyone who carries, oc or concealed. I'm not aware of any wells fargos(my bank) that do this, or I'd be finding a new bank. Sahara and Nellis is SO far away from where i live too heh. I want to go check it out though. I can't believe they made your wife show inside her purse. It's none of their business what she has in there. Would they not let her leave until she did? Or was that in order to get in?

Kahrboy40

At Night?

The Captain says that location has been broken into 4 times at night.
Sooooo! They put up the double doors to catch the night time perpatrators during the day. Makes sense to me. Duh!
Maybe it's time to meet with the Branch Manager for a little discussion session.
I usually show up at the Jones branch on Thur. wearing some item with the IBEW logo.
Been a member since 67.
Hope to see you there sometime Captain.

BBJCaptain

The Captain says that location has been broken into 4 times at night.
Sooooo! They put up the double doors to catch the night time perpatrators during the day. Makes sense to me. Duh!
Maybe it's time to meet with the Branch Manager for a little discussion session.
I usually show up at the Jones branch on Thur. wearing some item with the IBEW logo.
Been a member since 67.
Hope to see you there sometime Captain.

Me too,

I haven't been to the branch yet to see the set up for myself, so I am not 100% sure how they have it. I do plan on checking it out when I get back. I am very curious how they have the signage posted outside the entry.

They stopped cashing checks for about 6mths. You could only make deposits. They put up the new security at the entry door and now they will give out cash. Not sure why they decided to do this since the bank has never been robbed during banking hours and all they got was the electronics stuff, tv's and computers and the like. A little over kill if you ask me.

I was surprised too, they block some stuff over here but I wasn't sure if I was going to be able to log on.

Last edited:

jdholmes

Me too,

I haven't been to the branch yet to see the set up for myself, so I am not 100% sure how they have it. I do plan on checking it out when I get back. I am very curious how they have the signage posted outside the entry.

They stopped cashing checks for about 6mths. You could only make deposits. They put up the new security at the entry door and now they will give out cash. Not sure why they decided to do this since the bank has never been robbed during banking hours and all they got was the electronics stuff, tv's and computers and the like. A little over kill if you ask me.

I was surprised too, they block some stuff over here but I wasn't sure if I was going to be able to log on.

On a side note - I don't think this site is recognized as a 'gun site'. My firewall at work blocks me from visiting any site that has to do with firearms but I can get here no problem. Maybe forums are an exception?