• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Now that the Dems are in hiding, lets get something done!

VW_Factor

I read about this in the paper this morning. What prompted the lawmakers to decide to hide from their jobs?

Man, I wish I could do that and not get fired.. :uhoh:

protias

Right now my reps email and VM boxes are full. It will probably be a few days at least until they catch up.

SIGdude

It baffles me why they didn't do this on Thursday when the dems didn't show up for work. Seems like an utterly wasted opportunity if they do indeed come back onTuesday.

If I were part of the Wisconsin Legislature, which would be laughable, you can bet your ass I would have busted mine to get as much stuff that the Dems HATE passed while they were gone as I possibly could. I wouldn't have slept for the last few days because I would have been too busy drafting up all the bills I wanted passed while the crybabies were in Illinois refusing to do the job that someone elected them to do.

M

McX

well if the left done left, then i'd say it's time to introduce a bill for Constitutional Carry immediately, so it can be passed, and put into law quickly.

Touchdown

well if the left done left, then i'd say it's time to introduce a bill for Constitutional Carry immediately, so it can be passed, and put into law quickly.

Had a chat with my state rep last Monday about CCW legislation. He knows that permitless carry would pass the house, but would probably not pass the state senate; even with a republican majority. Too many RINOs in the state senate. I'm still trying to contact my state senator to get more information.

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
Had a chat with my state rep last Monday about CCW legislation. He knows that permitless carry would pass the house, but would probably not pass the state senate; even with a republican majority. Too many RINOs in the state senate. I'm still trying to contact my state senator to get more information.

This^ is why Constitutional carry will NEVER happen, the Old Guard will not allow it.

tomm1963

Even with the rinos it could pass if the dems are gone

19 republicans in the Senate, if 9 are RINO and vote no on constitutional carry and 10 vote yes....no libs in sight to vote NO whith the RINO wieners. 10 yes, 9 no, 14 libs abstain by being AWOL. Bill passes. That's why NOW is the time.

HandyHamlet

This^ is why Constitutional carry will NEVER happen, the Old Guard will not allow it.

And that's why you vote every incumbent out every single election regardless of party affiliation, fashion sense, favorite movie... long walks on the beach.

tomm1963

Maybe the republicans are waking up to the opportunity.

http://www.jsonline.com/news/statepolitics/116563323.html

"Republicans who control the state Senate sought Sunday to put pressure on the Democrats in Illinois with their own leverage point: by planning action on a "full calendar" of undisclosed bills for Tuesday, said Andrew Welhouse, a spokesman for Senate Majority Leader Scott Fitzgerald (R-Juneau)"

If you have a Republican representative in your district. Now is the time to make yourself heard.