Thread: Full Flap Holsters

Full Flap Holsters

I'd like to be able to carry openly in remote areas with a full flap holster, for gun protection reasons. I suppose technically, that could be interpreted as being concealed, but a holster obviously isn't a cell phone holder. Does anyone have experience with this. I really like the El Paso Saddlery full flaps.

I live in Texas, but have family in Placitas and also outside of Santa Fe, and would like to some back country hiking when visiting. I realize this may sound like I'm more concerned with protecting the gun than myself, but that's not really the case.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by 1929SUPER View Post
    I'd like to be able to carry openly in remote areas with a full flap holster, for gun protection reasons. I suppose technically, that could be interpreted as being concealed, but a holster obviously isn't a cell phone holder. Does anyone have experience with this. I really like the El Paso Saddlery full flaps.

I live in Texas, but have family in Placitas and also outside of Santa Fe, and would like to some back country hiking when visiting. I realize this may sound like I'm more concerned with protecting the gun than myself, but that's not really the case.
    Texas does not allow open carry. Someone could easily recognize that you are carrying a gun, even if it is fully covered by a holster. You could well find yourself in court, with an argument successfully made that you were open carrying.

I wouldn't risk it. I would recommend covering the firearm in a way that no one can tell that you are carrying. IANAL.

Geography not one of your strong points Eye? He's takin' 'bout New Mexico... NM is open carry... just look out for the liquor stores 'n truck stops that sell booze. I use flapped holsters when in the saddle.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2 14 2011  Sonora Desert 001.jpg 
Views:	175 
Size:	48.7 KB 
ID:	5274