• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Had to laugh.....

Ricky

Went to a local AT&T store yesterday to get Ins on my phone etc. Went through the whole process with the salesman Blah, Blah etc. Had my XDM-40 cal in a Blackhawk Serpa holster in plain sight. He finally noticed after 5 min and says oh my, why you need that. Left himself wide open...I said had you rather have a cell phone or my pistol in your hand if a bad guy walked in shooting...He just nodded and smiled...New store 12 noon very well lit up...Another example of people totally unaware of their surrounding...Think I left him stumped..Although I did explain that it was perfectly legal, and told him to have a nice day...Smiling all the way out the door......

Last edited:

chiefjason

I went into Western Carolina Plumbing between 1st and 2nd ave a while back. The guy says, "You're not going to shoot me are you?" I told him no, "It's not for you." Kind of chuckled over that one.

Had a gal at Granite Falls WM nearly stumble over herself when she noticed. She was half way through scanning and in the middle of a conversation with me. You would have though a snake crawled out of the register.

Spooked the lady working at a little tobacco shop on Hwy 16 pretty good. Ended up talking to her for about 15 minutes. Told her where to rent guns to shoot, where a few gun stores where, and where to take her CCH class.

You get some interesting reactions, that's for sure.

aosailor

"Why do you need that?!?!"

well it's like a condom..... I'd rather have it and not need it than need it and not have it...

MKEgal

chiefjason said:
The guy says, "You're not going to shoot me are you?"
Had a guy ask me that one day.
In response, I asked if he were going to attack me.
He looked a little startled & said "no".
So I said, "Then why would I need to shoot you?"
We both smiled, & had a short conversation.

You would have though a snake crawled out of the register.
Good visual!

I was reading a newspaper in a waiting room once when a (very small) spider dropped out.
I dropped the paper on the floor. Didn't scream, though.
(Yes, I know, most of them are harmless & all are more scared of me. I still don't like spiders.)
The guy at the counter looked over & asked, "spider?"

Beats the time one was hiding behind a sunshade in a car. (I was the passenger.)
We were on the freeway, I flipped it down, then tried to crawl out the (locked) door (with my seatbelt on) as it dropped into my lap.
(See above, about spiders being harmless & scared.)