Thread: Had to laugh.....

Hickory, N.C.

Smile Had to laugh.....

Went to a local AT&T store yesterday to get Ins on my phone etc. Went through the whole process with the salesman Blah, Blah etc. Had my XDM-40 cal in a Blackhawk Serpa holster in plain sight. He finally noticed after 5 min and says oh my, why you need that. Left himself wide open...I said had you rather have a cell phone or my pistol in your hand if a bad guy walked in shooting...He just nodded and smiled...New store 12 noon very well lit up...Another example of people totally unaware of their surrounding...Think I left him stumped..Although I did explain that it was perfectly legal, and told him to have a nice day...Smiling all the way out the door......
    Last edited by Ricky; 02-19-2011 at 08:18 PM.

Raleigh, North Carolina, USA
    LOL, had that happen on more then one occasion. Most notably at food lion, the cashier almost jumped when she realized it, lol.

Hickory, NC, ,
    I went into Western Carolina Plumbing between 1st and 2nd ave a while back. The guy says, "You're not going to shoot me are you?" I told him no, "It's not for you." Kind of chuckled over that one.

Had a gal at Granite Falls WM nearly stumble over herself when she noticed. She was half way through scanning and in the middle of a conversation with me. You would have though a snake crawled out of the register.

Spooked the lady working at a little tobacco shop on Hwy 16 pretty good. Ended up talking to her for about 15 minutes. Told her where to rent guns to shoot, where a few gun stores where, and where to take her CCH class.

You get some interesting reactions, that's for sure.

Hampton, AR
    "Why do you need that?!?!"

well it's like a condom..... I'd rather have it and not need it than need it and not have it...

in front of my computer, WI
    Quote Originally Posted by chiefjason
    The guy says, "You're not going to shoot me are you?"
    Had a guy ask me that one day.
    In response, I asked if he were going to attack me.
    He looked a little startled & said "no".
    So I said, "Then why would I need to shoot you?"
    We both smiled, & had a short conversation.

You would have though a snake crawled out of the register.
    Good visual!

I was reading a newspaper in a waiting room once when a (very small) spider dropped out.
    I dropped the paper on the floor. Didn't scream, though.
    (Yes, I know, most of them are harmless & all are more scared of me. I still don't like spiders.)
    The guy at the counter looked over & asked, "spider?"

Beats the time one was hiding behind a sunshade in a car. (I was the passenger.)
    We were on the freeway, I flipped it down, then tried to crawl out the (locked) door (with my seatbelt on) as it dropped into my lap.
    (See above, about spiders being harmless & scared.)
    Quote Originally Posted by MLK, Jr
    The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort & convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge & controversy.
    Quote Originally Posted by MSG Laigaie
    Citizenship is a verb.
    Quote Originally Posted by Proverbs 27:12
    A prudent person foresees the danger ahead and takes precautions.
    The simpleton goes blindly on and suffers the consequences.
    Quote Originally Posted by Proverbs 31:17
    She dresses herself with strength and makes her arms strong.

Free, Colorado, USA
    Cobras are more scared of me than I am of them, I think...but would still prefer not to find one coiled up in my car.