• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

With The Dems. Gone, Senate GOP May Pass Other Bills Like CCW.

xd shooter

I thought I read somewhere that there had to be at least one representative from both parties in house to be able vote on bills.

paul@paul-fisher.com

I thought I read somewhere that there had to be at least one representative from both parties in house to be able vote on bills.

No, the rules are as follows:

3/5 (20) Senators have to be present for a quorum for budget bills. A majority (17) Senators have to be present for a quorum for any other. There are no requirements for party mix. If we had 20 Republican Senators, there wouldn't be an issue.

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
they are not that smart enough to quickly pass it...they will wait until fall when everything is calm and all the anti gun Dems are sitting comfy in their seats to take up Concealed carry intentionally so they won't be able to pass a constitutional carry bill, seems like the Republicans are too worried about making them angry to remember the fact that they DON'T HAVE TO CARE what the dems say, think or feel...We have the Majority...these Republican Conservatives in Madison have no Ballz to give the people Constitutional carry !
To the Elected Reps that are reading this...Prove me wrong !

Last edited:

RR_Broccoli

You know, a move like that might be the thing to get the dems back in the state.

"Look what we're doing while you are away! Want to participate and get your riders in? Get your butt back here."

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
You know, a move like that might be the thing to get the dems back in the state.

"Look what we're doing while you are away! Want to participate and get your riders in? Get your butt back here."

Yes !!!! Oh crap..they passed Constitutional Carry while we were away....dammm we better get back fast before the pass something even bigger...

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
Walker say's CCW to be taken care of This week. it could happen !

from the AR15.COM Hometown forum ......

I heard today, and I don't know if it's true, that Gov. Walker said, "Well since the Dems decided to run away from this bill, maybe next week should run CCW through."

ccwinstructor

Centurion
More Push for Constitutional Carry. A Permit fee would affect the Budget

from the AR15.COM Hometown forum ......

I heard today, and I don't know if it's true, that Gov. Walker said, "Well since the Dems decided to run away from this bill, maybe next week should run CCW through."

All the more reason to go for Constitutional Carry. All they have to do is to repeal laws, so there is no budgetary impact. Repeal the stupid school zone law. Repeal no loaded gun in car law. Repeal the ban on concealed carry. We only need the majority of the most constitutional 19 Senators, I believe. That would be 10 Senators, wouldn't it? We should be able to do this.

MKEgal

contact the Senators!!!

(Sorry... this has gotten a bit long. Trying to put lots of info into one place.)

If you're unfortunate to have a Democrat, include him/her in your email... maybe it will spur your elected rep to get back to doing the job you elected him/her for.

I've already chewed out my Senator (phone messages to both of his offices, plus an email) telling him to get his tail back to work, and by the way I want him to vote FOR Walker's proposal... and I hope those concessions apply to the elected reps & gov. as well as hired help.

Remember that today is considered a holiday for some public employees, so even the Republicans might not be in their offices to take a phone call.

Here's a thread discussing which states are already pushing for Constitutional Carry:
http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/showthread.php?86962-Which-states-considering-constitutional-carry

Here's a list of Senators:
http://legis.wisconsin.gov/w3asp/contact/legislatorslist.aspx?house=senate

And here are names & emails for the Republican Senators:
Robert Cowles
Sen.Cowles@legis.wisconsin.gov
(800) 334-1465

Alberta Darling
Sen.Darling@legis.wisconsin.gov
(608) 266-5830

Michael Ellis
Sen.Ellis@legis.wisconsin.gov
(608) 266-0718

Scott Fitzgerald [majority leader]
Sen.Fitzgerald@legis.wisconsin.gov
(608) 266-5660

Pam Galloway
Sen.Galloway@legis.wisconsin.gov
(608) 266-2502

Glenn Grothman
Sen.Grothman@legis.wisconsin.gov
(800) 662-1227

Sheila Harsdorf
Sen.Harsdorf@legis.wisconsin.gov
(608) 266-7745

Randy Hopper
Sen.Hopper@legis.wisconsin.gov
(608) 266-5300

Dan Kapanke
Sen.Kapanke@legis.wisconsin.gov
(800) 385-3385

Neal Kedzie
Sen.Kedzie@legis.wisconsin.gov
(608) 266-2635

Frank Lasee
Sen.Lasee@legis.wisconsin.gov
(608) 266-3512

Mary Lazich
Sen.Lazich@legis.wisconsin.gov
(800) 334-1442

Joseph Liebham
Sen.Leibham@legis.wisconsin.gov
(888) 295-8750

Terry Moulton
Sen.Moulton@legis.wisconsin.gov
(608) 266-7511

Luther Olsen
Sen.Olsen@legis.wisconsin.gov
(608) 266-0751

Dale Schultz
Sen.Schultz@legis.wisconsin.gov
(800) 978-8008

Leah Vukmir
Sen.Vukmir@legis.wisconsin.gov
(608) 266-2512

Van Wanggaard
Sen.Wanggaard@legis.wisconsin.gov
(866) 615-7510

Rich Zipperer
Sen.Zipperer@legis.wisconsin.gov
(608) 266-9174

According to the WI Repub. party website...
http://www.wisgop.org/gop-principles/platform-resolutions/
For eight long years the state that once led the nation in meaningful reforms and innovation has floundered under a Democrat administration. Sadly, our state motto, Forward, has become a symbol of the past instead of the beacon that reflected our people’s traditional passion and potential for the future.

We want to strengthen and revitalize America’s core values which unite a large majority of Americans.

We oppose efforts to restrict the ownership, manufacture, carry, or sale of firearms by law-abiding citizens.

CONSTITUTIONAL RIGHT TO KEEP AND BEAR ARMS
The Republican Party of Wisconsin is a vigilant supporter of the right of individuals to keep and bear arms embodied in both the Second Amendment to the Constitution of the United States and Article I, Section 25, of the Wisconsin Constitution.

We therefore oppose all efforts to restrict the ownership, manufacture, transfer, carry, or sale of firearms by law-abiding citizens.

Instead, we call for proper enforcement of the many existing laws against those who commit crimes. For safety’s sake, we encourage voluntary training in the use of firearms. We cannot ignore the clear lessons of history regarding the tyranny and suffering which can fall upon a disarmed and vulnerable people.

NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT RESOLVED, that Republican Party of Wisconsin, in convention assembled, urges the Wisconsin Legislature to adopt legislation permitting law-abiding citizens without a felony record or a record of serious mental health problems to carry concealed weapons;

BE IT FURTHER RESOLVED, that the Republican Party of Wisconsin, in convention assembled, opposes any efforts to restrict gun ownership by imposing taxes or fees on guns or ammunition or gun licenses and opposes any other underhanded attempts by government to undermine our 2nd Amendment rights.

Last edited:

Optimus Prime

Today is a holiday for Federal Employee's. It is not a recognized WI holiday. I am a state employee who actually goes to work.

I know the feeling (plus holidays mean nothing to our schedule anyway.)

I need to write up an ass-chewing to the one from around here to get her ass back to work. I'm sure glad I've never voted for her.

xd40arff

Im not complaining, just saying that today is not a Holiday according to the State of Wisconsin. I do believe that some state agencys may have this slated as a scheduled Furlough day however.

Optimus Prime

I think most people around here are just calling it a snow day regardless of furlough. Apparently that includes the city's plow drivers... do they have a union? Maybe that's where they're all at.

Mike

Site Co-Founder
Let's hope that besides passing (1) a clean concealed carry bill entitling permit holders to carry concealed and openly everywhere excepts court houses, that the legislature also (2) repeals the encasement requirement in vehicles and (3) clarifies that open carry in vehicles without permit does not violate the concealed carry ban (overturning a rogue appeals court case holding that a handgun in plain veiw on a car seat was unlawfully concealed - weird, because if the gun would have been cocaine, the officer would have seized it without warrant or other good cause under the plain view doctrine!).

HandyHamlet

Let's hope that besides passing (1) a clean concealed carry bill entitling permit holders to carry concealed and openly everywhere excepts court houses, that the legislature also

What about non-permit holders? Can they play too?