Thread: Oh My God.... That guy has a............. Mohawk?!?!?!

Oh My God.... That guy has a............. Mohawk?!?!?!

As I passed through the protester filled streets of downtown Minocqua, headed over to get breakfast at my local BBQ Heaven, I shifted the spare magazines on my back to better fit with the beat up seats of my girlfriends crap car (a.k.a. The Silver Bullet, because when we get her a new one we are gonna shoot it till it explodes). I rolled my eyes and shook my head as we drove past the morons who believed that holding up a sign in this tourist town was actually going to make a difference.

When my girlfriend, my mother, and myself get to the eatery that I had been drooling over for more than 24 hours, I jumped out, popped the trunk, and slid my USP into its holster. As usual I looked around to see who I was making nervous, and I saw a kid about 20 years old staring at me as he jumped into his car. I walked in and was greeted by my favorite cook, and his better half. I barely cast a glance at those that were already there as I walked in and took off my coat and began to chat with my friends.

I ordered my food and walked around a bit, and after a few I was sitting down eating the best pulled pork I have ever tasted. I was sitting with my back to the kitchen and there was just one woman (sitting with the group that got out of a car with Illinois plates) who was within eye shot of my side arm. After a short while she glanced over at me and noticed that I was sitting there with a gun on my side. She immediately whispered to the man on her left "That guy's got a gun". As the whole table went quiet and they looked out of the corner of their eyes at me, the cook piped up from the background asking why they got so quiet.

The man that was first spoken to about the fact that I was carrying started his response with "Who does? That guy with the Mohawk and tattoos?", and quickly followed it up with "They have different laws in Wisconsin, don't worry about it."

We finished our meal, stopped to drop off my mother and pick up my nephew, and were off to wally world. When we got there we followed in the same group that we had seen at the BBQ place. As we walked through, I could feel the eyes on me. The group that we had already ran into paid me no mind, and I walked back to sporting goods. I was greeted by a familiar face and was asked if I needed more ammo (as if I go there for cheap ammo at all). As I talked for a few my girlfriend and nephew wondered off and I was standing there talking to this guy alone. After just a couple minutes, I had a woman walk up to me and say "Excuse me sir, I don't mean to bother you but I just have to ask you something" I smiled and asked what I could do for her. As I stood there expecting her to ask about my gun, she looked my rite in the eyes and said "Why in the world do you walk around with a Mohawk?"

I was so taken back I nearly laughed myself to tears. I explained that it is my summer haircut, and I have had it off and on since I left the military. She smiled, said thanks, and walked off.

As someone who is 6'3" with tattoos from neck to ancle and is about 215, I know I put people off until they start talking to me. But there is no way in the world I could have possibly been prepared for that situation.
    Last edited by CalicoJack10; 02-19-2011 at 11:47 PM. Reason: I am a bad speller!
    I am Calico Jack,,,, And I approve this message!
    (Paid for by the blood of patriots, and Calico Jack Defense)
    Calico Jack Defense

Ha, that was an entertaining story. I was expecting her to mention "Gun", but she was more concerned about the haircut.
    Click Here for New to WI Open Carry Legal References and Informational Videos--- FAQ's http://Tinyurl.com/OpenCarry-WI

The Armed Badger A WI site dedicated to Concealed Carry in WI

"To disarm the people... was the best and most effectual way to enslave them." -- George Mason, Speech of June 14, 1788

http://Tinyurl.com/New-To-Guns to DL useful Info

McX
    Win!

Well, the totality of the circumstances would dictate anyone that has a mohawk to be a little different.
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. Thomas Jefferson (1776)

If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

McX
    Quote Originally Posted by protias View Post
    Well, the totality of the circumstances would dictate anyone that has a mohawk to be a little different.
    oh.............i see what you did. (fry)

At least they didn't call you a damn dirty hippie .
    Wisconsin Carry Member
    My Castle Doctrine Law

Don't wish ill upon your enemy......plan it.

Bald guy here 6'6" 300 pounds with Tats I get it too. I luv it.
    http://youtu.be/xWgVGu3OR4U AACFI, Wisconsin / Minnesota Carry Certified. Action Pistol & Advanced Action pistol concepts + Urban Carbine course. When the entitlement Zombies begin looting, pillaging, raping, burning & killing..remember HEAD SHOTS it's the only way to kill a Zombie. Stockpile food & water now.

Please support your local,county, state & Federal Law enforcement agencies, right ???

Quote Originally Posted by XDFDE45 View Post
    or a......http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BKdSXfPl8vY
    http://youtu.be/xWgVGu3OR4U AACFI, Wisconsin / Minnesota Carry Certified. Action Pistol & Advanced Action pistol concepts + Urban Carbine course. When the entitlement Zombies begin looting, pillaging, raping, burning & killing..remember HEAD SHOTS it's the only way to kill a Zombie. Stockpile food & water now.

Please support your local,county, state & Federal Law enforcement agencies, right ???

McX
    hippies! who said hippies?! where? get my gun, get the dogs, call the cops, get out the water cannons, get the national guard!

good stuff... I own all the Planet of the Apes Movies on DVD . LOL

Quote Originally Posted by McX View Post
    hippies! who said hippies?! where? get my gun, get the dogs, call the cops, get out the water cannons, get the national guard!
    Nah, just get some soap.
    Wisconsin Carry Member
    My Castle Doctrine Law

Nah, just get some soap.
    This is truth !

Quote Originally Posted by McX View Post
    Why call the cops, let them get their own hippies.
    "To sin by silence, when we should protest makes cowards out of men."
    Ella Wheeler Cox

We must contact our lawmakers today, tomorrow and the next day to remind them of Constitutional Carry.
    Laws are not written because of the actions of many, they are wrtiten because of the inactions of many.

Quote Originally Posted by CalicoJack10 View Post
    As I passed through the protester filled streets of downtown Minocqua, headed over to get breakfast at my local BBQ Heaven,
    When my girlfriend, my mother, and myself get to the eatery that I had been drooling over for more than 24 hours, I jumped out, popped the trunk, and slid my USP into its holster.

Had the scanner on all day, didn't hear anything about you! But I did hear about some businesses downtown were complaining about the protesters using their parking lots and blocking out shoppers. They didn't appreciate it.

As someone who is 6'3" with tattoos from neck to ancle and is about 215, I know I put people off until they start talking to me. But there is no way in the world I could have possibly been prepared for that situation.
    That's you??? Hmmmm, I'll either have to run and hide next time I see you walking around or maybe stop and introduce myself. I'm not as easy to spot. I usually wear my middle aged woman disguise....

Quote Originally Posted by Cobbersmom View Post
    That's you??? Hmmmm, I'll either have to run and hide next time I see you walking around or maybe stop and introduce myself. I'm not as easy to spot. I usually wear my middle aged woman disguise....
    Yup, thats me. I usually end up near downtown for BBQ or because I have family that lives near the library. And I think I fit more into the "Biker" category than the "Hippie" category. And after living on the east side of Milwaukee for many years, I can tell you Hippies really do smell (Usually like resin and pachouli).

And there is a good chance that if I have even seen you around I will remember you. I am the never forget a face kinda guy, and I pay very close attention to my surroundings.
    Last edited by CalicoJack10; 02-20-2011 at 10:17 AM.
    I am Calico Jack,,,, And I approve this message!
    (Paid for by the blood of patriots, and Calico Jack Defense)
    Calico Jack Defense

What a great story! Thanks for sharing!

As far as hippies? The hippies I knew of in the 60's were afraid of guns!
    The way that you wander is the way that you choose,
    The day that you tarry, is the day that you lose!

Just north of the Sheeple's Republik of Madistan
    Quote Originally Posted by theoicarry View Post

They still are................
    Liberty or death. We're sorry, there are no other options available at this time..........
    "Safety is the new Liberty, and recklessness is the new Freedom, and alcoholism is the new Doug Huffman."

Nah, just get some soap.

No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. Thomas Jefferson (1776)

If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

good one !

Quote Originally Posted by theoicarry View Post

And that may be a large part of the reason I joined the Army. I loved my guns just as much as I despised those chicks**t sons a bit***s. And I still do. But I never had a Mohawk!
    IF YOU WANT TO BURN OUR AMERICAN FLAG, PLEASE WRAP YOURSELF UP IN IT FIRST...

Quote Originally Posted by johnny amish View Post
    Why call the cops, let them get their own hippies.
    +1 - Love that comment !
    My cats support the Second Amendment. NRA Life Member, NRA Instructor: Pistol, Rifle, & Personal Protection - NRA Certified Range Safety Officer, Utah BCI Certified Concealed Firearm Permit Instructor.
    "Permission Slips" from Utah, Pennsylvania, Nevada, Arizona, and Florida. _ Verily, thou shalt not fiddle with thine firearm whilst in the bathroom stall, lest thine spouse seek condolences from thine friends.

When I left a Madison Culvers Oc'ing my G36, The Yuppy couple that were aghast and pointing me out were certainly surprised when my family got into our car with ILLINOIS plates! Crew cut but no Mohawk or tats.
    Last edited by lockman; 02-21-2011 at 02:55 PM. Reason: spelling

McX
    i got no hair left for a mohawk, when the kids started showing up, my hair went. hard to beleive i had shoulder length hair in high school, no tatoos, and back in the day piercings were only available in .22, .380, .357. .38, and .45

Wisconsin Carry Member
    My Castle Doctrine Law