• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Lexington Gun Show

neuroblades

Did anyone here make it to the gun show in Lexington on the 19th? We had TONS of LEO's present at Rupp today! I know that there was a freaking UK game today as well, I wish they'd schedule these gun shows when UK's NOT playing! In the past, when both events fell on the same day, we NEVER had the Metro's out in force as they were today. Anyone know why there was half the force out there? *LOL* We even had police dogs in the venue this time. *LOL* I have to say it was definitely interesting parking on the Rupp side and walking around the building carrying a slung Colt M4, a SIG in a shoulder rig, and a SIG IWB as well. I had no problems but the expressions I get from the UK freaks just never cease to amaze me. *LMBO* I had an officer ask me about my M4 and he complimented me on it and then went back to his duties. This is how it's supposed to be! ;)

You know, all the police didn't really phase me. Hell, I've been there and done that many years ago. *LOL* What did get me though was that eerie loud speaker annoucement that they kept playing over and over. It reminded me of a scene out of some modern-day film about the take over of America.

Liberty4Ever

Did anyone here make it to the gun show in Lexington on the 19th?
GiveMeLiberty and I had a gun rights table all day, both days.

We were "selling" House Bill 113 (concealed carry without a license), Senate Bill 33 (Kentucky Firearms Freedom Act back again this year, and Phil Moffett for governor 2011 (a REAL pro-2A governor!).

I was keeping an eye out for you at the gun show. I wish you would have dropped by! It was great to see gutshot, as always.

I have to say it was definitely interesting parking on the Rupp side and walking around the building carrying a slung Colt M4, a SIG in a shoulder rig, and a SIG IWB as well.
How about walking in the doors on Main Street with the sign that says that firearms and knives are strictly prohibited while carrying a .50 BMG? :)

50BMG-GunBusterSign-small.jpg

Oh yeah, I had a Kahr PM9 9mm in my back pocket and a Sog Aegis folding knife in my right front pocket.

I left my anthrax in my other pair of pants. :)

What did get me though was that eerie loud speaker announcement that they kept playing over and over. It reminded me of a scene out of some modern-day film about the take over of America.
That's what I thought at the UK home game a couple of weeks ago when campaigning in front of Rupp Arena. That announcement sounded like the statist big government announcements in every dystopic science fiction movie I've ever seen. 1984 meets GATTACA meets Blade Runner.

UnfetteredMight

Rep. Mike Harmon has a bill that's now in the House Judiciary committee that would establish the same sort of concealed carry rules for Kentucky that are now in place in Arizona and Alaska. If you're legally allowed to own a firearm then no permit is required when you carry in Kentucky, and the present permit system will remain in place for those who wish to acquire a permit for travel and reciprocity outside of Kentucky.
Please call the legislative message line at (800) 372-7181 and leave a message for all the members of the Judiciary committee, as well as your own representative and if you like, all the members of the house and tell them that you support House Bill 113 and want to see it brought to the floor for a vote.
We're hopeful that this bill can be amended to add a provision that will make it clear that colleges do NOT have authority to regulate the possession of firearms that remain inside a vehicle while that vehicle is on their parking lots or property, and that this is legal just as it is on private lots, state lots and other school properties now.
They need to hear from you so make those calls, do it every day and pass this information on to your friends and our allies
!

Will do.

But I wonder if adding an amendment for possession in your car on college property could kill it?

IMHO, I'd like to see this get passed, I really would and then deal with the colleges' with a different bill.

neuroblades

GiveMeLiberty and I had a gun rights table all day, both days.

We were "selling" House Bill 113 (concealed carry without a license), Senate Bill 33 (Kentucky Firearms Freedom Act back again this year, and Phil Moffett for governor 2011 (a REAL pro-2A governor!).

I was keeping an eye out for you at the gun show. I wish you would have dropped by! It was great to see gutshot, as always.

How about walking in the doors on Main Street with the sign that says that firearms and knives are strictly prohibited while carrying a .50 BMG? :)

50BMG-GunBusterSign-small.jpg

Oh yeah, I had a Kahr PM9 9mm in my back pocket and a Sog Aegis folding knife in my right front pocket.

I left my anthrax in my other pair of pants. :)

That's what I thought at the UK home game a couple of weeks ago when campaigning in front of Rupp Arena. That announcement sounded like the statist big government announcements in every dystopic science fiction movie I've ever seen. 1984 meets GATTACA meets Blade Runner.

I was looking for you guys but somehow missed you all. :*( I was really looking forward linking up with you fine folks down there.

Sadly, according to the scheds, there's not going to be anymore gun shows in that location. :(