Thread: A Call to Arms

Post A Call to Arms

http://arggleblargh.blogspot.com/

Please feel free to comment. No account required.

Banned
    The only problem I saw was the part where it said the legislature can't take away your rights. That isn't true, that's in a sense, all they really can do. Take the extreme hypothetical where there is no government, no legislature, no law enforcement. You have the inherent right to self defense, you can carry a silenced minigun around with a thousand round ammo box for a magazine into a school hidden under a blanket without a CPL,alternately loaded with incendiary, armor piercing, explosive tipped, and tracer rounds. All the legislatures can do, is systematically whittle away at our rights, until all there is left is death upon the discovery of the unloaded disassembled 22 short you had hidden in a burial tube just off your property.

I believe what he was saying is they can't take away our rights as long as we stand together united and hold the politicians feet to the fire.....
    Only two have offered their lives for you. A Soldier and Jesus....

Quote Originally Posted by SlowDog View Post
    I believe what he was saying is they can't take away our rights as long as we stand together united and hold the politicians feet to the fire.....
    That's what it sounded like to me...
    Giving up our liberties for safety is the one sure way to let the violent among us win.

"Though defensive violence will always be a 'sad necessity' in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men." -Saint Augustine

Disclaimer I am not a lawyer! Please do not consider anything you read from me to be legal advice.

It's true that legislature can't grant you rights that you already have, but they can't take them away either. They can put restrictions on paper, but those restrictions don't actually take your rights. At most they can take your life.

In any case, that is not the purpose of legislature. The purpose of legislature is to set up a system of rules to create and continue order. Any body with such a purpose will, of course, continue to impose order until the system is so stratified as to become stasis. This is why the individual must continually counter order with choice, with freedom.

Quote Originally Posted by TheSzerdi View Post
    It's true that legislature can't grant you rights that you already have, but they can't take them away either. They can put restrictions on paper, but those restrictions don't actually take your rights. At most they can take your life.
    Quoted for truth!!!
    Gun control isn't about the gun at all.... for those who want gun control it is all about their own fragile egos, their own lack of self esteem, their own inner fears, and most importantly... their own desire to dominate others. And an openly carried gun is a slap in the face to all of those things.

A Call to Arms

If I'm reading the article that was linked correctly,
    it said a man carried a SHOTGUN into a library.

A SHOT GUN????????? COME ON PEOPLE.

Of course there were issues. Who the HELL needs a SHOTGUN in a public library? If it were a pistol on your hip, then there would have been minimal confrontations, but a SHOTGUN is asking for trouble. Even I would question the man; probably after crapping my pants at the sight. It probably looked like he was there to assasinate someone.

You guys are going way overboard on this ****!
    What happened to your peaceful picnics and awareness mini-seminars?
    Now your all going around and sticking it in peoples faces.. GET A JOB!

I as a law abiding pistol carrier can empathize with the Lansing Police Department. What are they supposed to think when they walk apon a man with a shotgun in a public place?

DUHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Banned
    You need to get your facts straight before you go shooting your mouth off around here fudd.

BTW, we have a bill of rights, not a bill of needs.

Quote Originally Posted by glock2340 View Post

Of course there were issues. Who the HELL needs a SHOTGUN in a public library? If it were a pistol on your hip, then there would have been minimal confrontations, but a SHOTGUN is asking for trouble. Even I would question the man; probably after crapping my pants at the sight. It probably looked like he was there to assasinate someone.

I as a law abiding pistol carrier can empathize with the Lansing Police Department. What are they supposed to think when they walk apon a man with a shotgun in a public place?

Apparently you can't or choose not to read what this is about. First off the library is asking anyone with lawfully carried pistol to leave. Secondly the Lansing Police are on the side of lawful carriers because they will not even respond to the library's call because they believe there is nothing they canlegally do. If the TRO was about the shotgun carried one time by a non member and not lawfully carried pistols then why is MOC listed ?

I suggest you do a little more research before posting. I'll provide the following for your reading pleasure:

Quote Originally Posted by PDinDetroit
    People seem to focusing on 1 person OC'ing a Shotgun 1 time at CADL (who is not a MOC Member), but the majority of persons who went into CADL were Openly Carrying Pistols in Holsters with 1 person harassed by Security and the Lansing Police even when they were not carrying at all (READ: Profiled as being a Firearm Owner since they spoke for Firearm Rights publicly). It is for these people's rights that I PP'ed a Few Hundred $$$$$ right away and put off a firearm/accessory purchase until a later date. This is a FIGHT we ought to make, especially given the totality of the circumstances.
    Quote Originally Posted by dougwg
    Some may ask why was he carrying a long gun...I know the answer.

BECAUSE LANSING POLICE WILL NOT ISSUE HIM A PURCHASE PERMIT.

Their reason... NONE!

They just don't want to do it.

He didn't respect their authority, and this is how the little babies in Lansing get back at him.

Total BS!

He can't get a hand gun PP and isn't old enough to get a CPL so his ONLY CHOICE is to LGOC.

He's being forced by the LANSING POLICE to do what he did.

So, all you.....people.....getting all bent because he LGOC'd need to ****!

This is about CADL and PEOPLE THAT OWN GUNS AND CARRY THEM FOR PERSONAL PROTECTION, period!

You don't have to stand with us, but for god's sake don't stand against us! And if anyone asks you, just say CADL is wrong in this and leave all the rest out of the conversation.
    Quote Originally Posted by PDinDetroit
    I do not see the need for LGOC for my Personal Protection at this time, but it is not up to me to decide for someone else. There may come a time when I believe LGOC would be best for me, as I didn't start carrying for my self-protection until 2009 (when I was 43 yo).

I am far more concerned with what has happened to other persons, especially that one of us was harassed by Security and the Lansing Police when they were not even carrying (READ: Targeted/Profiled just for speaking about Firearm Rights at CADL Board Meetings and Lansing City Council).

Good grief! Another gun owner who has the notion that folks have the right to keep and bear arms as long as they do it in the way he, in his infinite wisdom, thinks is acceptable.

Where is the "puke" emoticon?
    Gun control isn't about the gun at all.... for those who want gun control it is all about their own fragile egos, their own lack of self esteem, their own inner fears, and most importantly... their own desire to dominate others. And an openly carried gun is a slap in the face to all of those things.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by stainless1911 View Post
    Ya got to love em!
    When Guns are OUTLAWED, Ill be an OUTLAW
    American Tactical Imports C45 45 AP
    S&W sigma 40 Cal
    Bersa 380 Thunder Plus
    Hi point C9 9mm
    Chiappa 1911-22 Semi-Auto .22 LR

Im not a lawyer, but I did play a Klingon once at Universal Studios

Banned
    What?

Pretty sure glock2340 is trolling. For anyone who's read that blog post you can see that glock2340's post is the antithesis.