• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Attacked by doghunters

Status
Not open for further replies.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
Well....they looked like doghunters to me:uhoh:

[video=vimeo;20171290]http://vimeo.com/20171290[/video]

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
Is that your back yard? If so... I am SO envious!!! :dude:

Handgun details?

No, that's my nearest neighbor (about 2 miles) The Arrowhead gun club. The 50 yard handgun range is nice and the rifle range is 200 yards and if no one's around, I can get 500 yards out of it.

The handgun is a Ruger Super Blackhawk. It's my EDC when I'm not in the burbs. I gave the model 29 a workout too as well as the Taurus Titanium 44.

I was shooting moderate loads with true Keith style bullets I cast very hard, water drop and oven temper.

Then I had to go back to Disking.:(

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
This is part of my backyard. I was cutting a new trail so the bears didn't have to work so hard to visit the blackberry patch.

[video=vimeo;20172970]http://vimeo.com/20172970[/video]

Blk97F150

Very cool. I thought it may have been a Blackhawk, but wasn't positive.

Cutting a path for the bears... lol Thats great!

Aren't farm tractors supposed to be green though.....?? :confused:
:D

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Cutting a path for the bears... lol Thats great!
:D

You're missing the underlying reason for that path - gives him the ideal location to set up his tree stand next season, after extensive game cam work to determine the effectiveness.

It's the "build it and they will come" philosophy put to practical use. :D

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
I thought his complaint was that the dog hunters came, no matter how hard he tried to keep them out.

Did someone send him a recipie that does not raise his sugar?

stay safe.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
I thought his complaint was that the dog hunters came, no matter how hard he tried to keep them out.

stay safe.

I haven't seen any dogs lately but did you know Coyotes look just like Beagles?

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior

stay safe.

It's from his favorite Korean cookbook. :lol:

USNA69

The industrialization of South Korea has made it difficult for workers to prepare traditional meals requiring several hours in the kitchen. Now, they want fast meals, preferably those requiring only the addition of hot water.

I understand that one of their favorites is "Cup O' Poodles".

SouthernBoy

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA
The industrialization of South Korea has made it difficult for workers to prepare traditional meals requiring several hours in the kitchen. Now, they want fast meals, preferably those requiring only the addition of hot water.

I understand that one of their favorites is "Cup O' Poodles".

This is funny. In the 'Nam, one can get "Poodle Soup", eh?

tcmech

coyotes are easy to identify by the strange black markings that look like numbers painted on their sides where I hunt at

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
coyotes are easy to identify by the strange black markings that look like numbers painted on their sides where I hunt at

That's exactly right ...and the tracking collars the game biologists put on them to monitor their mating habits.

Mr H

This is funny. In the 'Nam, one can get "Poodle Soup", eh?

Well, at least we now know that the French have a use after all...

..........--Moderator Note--
This thread has no present application to RKBA and hardly fits in the Social Lounge. No place for it, locked it.

Status
Not open for further replies.