• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

GROUP CAMP at Confluence State Park Wenatchee May20,21,22

Bill Starks

State Researcher
I have site 38 reserved (8 persons max) which allows me 1 RV & 1 tent. so if someone wants a tent site let me know. Squeak has site 39 (which is across from me).

Quick Link for the park: http://www.parks.wa.gov/parks/?selectedpark=Wenatchee%20Confluence

Anyone who has a Disabled pass or is a Disabled Veteran can get free to discounted sites. If you reserve a spot let me know and I'll update the map.

WenatcheeConfluenceStatePark.jpg

Google map link:
http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&sou...347,-120.32748&spn=0.002365,0.009012&t=h&z=18

Last edited:

rayjax82

Oh my hometown. I would love to go if I didn't work weekends. Spent many a summer boating on that river.

golddigger14s

Activist Member
Arrghh! I will be in OR (near Baker City) gold prospecting that weekend. Why is everything I want to do happening that weekend? WA Search and rescue conference, gold prospecting, and gun nuts round up. What happened to 13th-15th? Double AARRGGHH!

Last edited:

therealcombat

Even though I wouldn't really call that camping...i'll see if I can get there with a friend. It's far enough to plan something.

Ditto. I spent 4 months in the summer of '09 living out of my backpack, clearing trails with the Forest Service in the lower 48's largest wilderness complex (The Bob Marshal Wilderness Complex, which includes The Great Bear and the Scape Goat wilderness areas).

Anything you can drive to and/or that has running water/bathrooms i would no longer consider camping. Especially if you can hear people's generators running! :D

There's nothin quite like backpacking and anything less just doesn't seem worth it anymore. :/

kc7riw

Weekend Activities?

Is there anything else other than the potluck Sat planned for the weekend? or simply a weekend of rest and relaxation in the hopefully warmer wether.

I have reserved spot 36 and have a Tent Spot someone can use if they would like

Last edited:

amlevin

Ditto. I spent 4 months in the summer of '09 living out of my backpack, clearing trails with the Forest Service in the lower 48's largest wilderness complex (The Bob Marshal Wilderness Complex, which includes The Great Bear and the Scape Goat wilderness areas).

Anything you can drive to and/or that has running water/bathrooms i would no longer consider camping. Especially if you can hear people's generators running! :D

There's nothin quite like backpacking and anything less just doesn't seem worth it anymore. :/

As you get older and your hearing fails those generators aren't such a big deal. Also, when you get older you tend to appreciate more the fact that you brought your own bathroom with you, especially when you might need to visit it a couple of times per night.

Keep right on thinking like you do. Your time will come.

Aryk45XD

As you get older and your hearing fails those generators aren't such a big deal. Also, when you get older you tend to appreciate more the fact that you brought your own bathroom with you, especially when you might need to visit it a couple of times per night.

Keep right on thinking like you do. Your time will come.

That's right too. This sounds pretty relaxing in a nice place. I guess it's up to anyone out there what they do with their time. Still, I was kind of weirded out the first time I was taken camping up here, but nothing beats the scenery.

tombrewster421

Is there anything else other than the potluck Sat planned for the weekend? or simply a weekend of rest and relaxation in the hopefully warmer wether.

I have reserved spot 36 and have a Tent Spot someone can use if they would like

I'd be interested in your tent spot.