Thread: OC'd while wife shopped in bellingham

OC'd while wife shopped in bellingham

I live in Bellingham. So I have been empty holstered for about three weeks in public and only raised someones blood pressure once. I carry in the neighborhood most of the time now and today I added my Star to the holster when we went shopping. We had to pick up a sewing machine table from an estate sale. Lori and I took the drawers out and carried it out to the van. That was when SHE noticed I was OC. We left and shopped for an hour at Big Lots and no one noticed. If they did they were not worried. Cool.
    NOTICE : no photographs, images or likenesses were made of, during or about this incident. Therefore, under greenisfaster rule, it did not occur ( a visual was reported by my Sweet Baboo, but she did not photo)

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    Awesome pretty soon you'll OC everywhere.

I have been to Big Lot's OCing once and same thing was no biggie to anyone there. Although my neighbor saw me there and brought up how the Association we live , made a new rule specifically for me, about guns......LOL.
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

Quote Originally Posted by MSG Laigaie View Post
    I live in Bellingham. So I have been empty holstered for about three weeks in public and only raised someones blood pressure once. I carry in the neighborhood most of the time now and today I added my Star to the holster when we went shopping. We had to pick up a sewing machine table from an estate sale. Lori and I took the drawers out and carried it out to the van. That was when SHE noticed I was OC. We left and shopped for an hour at Big Lots and no one noticed. If they did they were not worried. Cool.
    NOTICE : no photographs, images or likenesses were made of, during or about this incident. Therefore, under greenisfaster rule, it did not occur ( a visual was reported by my Sweet Baboo, but she did not photo)
    Good times, I sure it happened, but I would only be speculating. What's up with sewing table, gona start making holsters?

Quote Originally Posted by sudden valley gunner View Post
    Awesome pretty soon you'll OC everywhere.

I have been to Big Lot's OCing once and same thing was no biggie to anyone there. Although my neighbor saw me there and brought up how the Association we live , made a new rule specifically for me, about guns......LOL.
    Just curious, what type of rules did they make up for you?

Quote Originally Posted by usamarshal View Post
    Just curious, what type of rules did they make up for you?
    He has to wear a white frilly shirt and a red bandanna and has to talk like a pirate anytime he is OC'ing within the community.

Seriously tho,

Probably something stupid like, no discharge of firearms (aka target shooting) within the association controlled areas, or some other such redundant rule that's covered under county law.

Quote Originally Posted by FMCDH View Post
    He has to wear a white frilly shirt and a red bandanna and has to talk like a pirate anytime he is OC'ing within the community.

Seriously tho,

Probably something stupid like, no discharge of firearms (aka target shooting) within the association controlled areas, or some other such redundant rule that's covered under county law.
    No carry in association property except to transport it to vehicle....and no carry in association meetings. I just ignore the new rules, haven't been to a meeting yet, but the signs for them that advertise them say open to public, and there are no 'no firearm' signs on any of our buildings.

"Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their

HOA's are evil. Give me 10+ acres, or give me death.

Quote Originally Posted by rayjax82 View Post
    HOA's are evil. Give me 10+ acres, or give me death.
    Yes they are evil! I have been fighting mine for over 15 years.

No carry in association property except to transport it to vehicle....and no carry in association meetings. I just ignore the new rules, haven't been to a meeting yet, but the signs for them that advertise them say open to public, and there are no 'no firearm' signs on any of our buildings.
    My HOA is chicken-crap. They hold the meetings in a local school library. Automatically no guns. On the other "rules" I ignore most that they dream up. If it isn't in the CC&R's or ByLaws, they can use their rules as suppositories.

BTW "Association Property?" Only in a vehicle? Does this mean they are trying to restrict carry on the public roads and sidewalks?
    Last edited by amlevin; 02-21-2011 at 11:03 AM.
    "If I shoot all the ammo I am carrying I either won't need anymore or more won't help"

"If you refuse to stand up for others now, who will stand up for you when your time comes?"

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by amlevin View Post
    My HOA is chicken-crap. They hold the meetings in a local school library. Automatically no guns. On the other "rules" I ignore most that they dream up. If it isn't in the CC&R's or ByLaws, they can use their rules as suppositories.

BTW "Association Property?" Only in a vehicle? Does this mean they are trying to restrict carry on the public roads and sidewalks?
    Yea, but I ignore it, there is no gates, and even though they think they are private roads they are not. Years ago they received help from state or county which no longer makes the roads private.

Yea, but I ignore it, there is no gates, and even though they think they are private roads they are not. Years ago they received help from state or county which no longer makes the roads private.
    Most developers will have to build roads, streets, sidewalks, to current government standards before they get sign-off from the city/County. Then the streets, roads, and sidewalks are "deeded" to the government unit. They no longer belong to the developer or HOA. That way they get maintenance from the city/county and traffic laws can be enforced on them. Also subject to preemption.
    "If I shoot all the ammo I am carrying I either won't need anymore or more won't help"

"If you refuse to stand up for others now, who will stand up for you when your time comes?"

Sweet Baboo will photo next time we go out

Went to the sale at Goodwill and OCd, no one noticed. We then walked across the parking lot and spent an hour at KMart, nada.
    No, I do not make holsters. Lori is an amazing seamstress.

Quote Originally Posted by amlevin View Post
    Most developers will have to build roads, streets, sidewalks, to current government standards before they get sign-off from the city/County. Then the streets, roads, and sidewalks are "deeded" to the government unit. They no longer belong to the developer or HOA. That way they get maintenance from the city/county and traffic laws can be enforced on them. Also subject to preemption.
    Yep, being a contractor I know how that works, this was a gated community at one time, many moons ago. The roads are so bad the county denied taking them over.

Went to the sale at Goodwill and OCd, no one noticed. We then walked across the parking lot and spent an hour at KMart, nada.
    No, I do not make holsters. Lori is an amazing seamstress.
    My wife was at Goodwill today, I go there all the time too, one time had a cop come up to me and say hi, I said hi back and walked right past her and out the doors leaving her with a dumbfounded look on her face.

P.S. several of the young men who work there love the fact I carry and one that is not 21 yet said he is going to once he turns 21.
    Last edited by sudden valley gunner; 02-21-2011 at 09:11 PM.

Today I went to the Post Office. As not to antagonize, I left my weapon in the van, but I always wear a UM84 holster. Nada altho the old guy that waited on me did look a bit like he was having resp distress, hands shaking. I do that too sometimes. After the PO I went straight to my bank inside Haggens. Nada. This is the way it should be.

Today I went to the Post Office. As not to antagonize, I left my weapon in the van, but I always wear a UM84 holster. Nada altho the old guy that waited on me did look a bit like he was having resp distress, hands shaking. I do that too sometimes. After the PO I went straight to my bank inside Haggens. Nada. This is the way it should be.
    And it's a good thing that you left it in the van, as it's illegal to bring it into a post office. Well...at the very least you'd be a test case in court to bring down the stupid law/rule.