• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC'd while wife shopped in bellingham

MSG Laigaie

Campaign Veteran
I live in Bellingham. So I have been empty holstered for about three weeks in public and only raised someones blood pressure once. I carry in the neighborhood most of the time now and today I added my Star to the holster when we went shopping. We had to pick up a sewing machine table from an estate sale. Lori and I took the drawers out and carried it out to the van. That was when SHE noticed I was OC. We left and shopped for an hour at Big Lots and no one noticed. If they did they were not worried. Cool.
NOTICE : no photographs, images or likenesses were made of, during or about this incident. Therefore, under greenisfaster rule, it did not occur ( a visual was reported by my Sweet Baboo, but she did not photo)

sudden valley gunner

Awesome pretty soon you'll OC everywhere.

I have been to Big Lot's OCing once and same thing was no biggie to anyone there. Although my neighbor saw me there and brought up how the Association we live , made a new rule specifically for me, about guns......LOL.

jbone

I live in Bellingham. So I have been empty holstered for about three weeks in public and only raised someones blood pressure once. I carry in the neighborhood most of the time now and today I added my Star to the holster when we went shopping. We had to pick up a sewing machine table from an estate sale. Lori and I took the drawers out and carried it out to the van. That was when SHE noticed I was OC. We left and shopped for an hour at Big Lots and no one noticed. If they did they were not worried. Cool.
NOTICE : no photographs, images or likenesses were made of, during or about this incident. Therefore, under greenisfaster rule, it did not occur ( a visual was reported by my Sweet Baboo, but she did not photo)

Good times, I sure it happened, but I would only be speculating. What's up with sewing table, gona start making holsters?:lol:

usamarshal

Awesome pretty soon you'll OC everywhere.

I have been to Big Lot's OCing once and same thing was no biggie to anyone there. Although my neighbor saw me there and brought up how the Association we live , made a new rule specifically for me, about guns......LOL.

Just curious, what type of rules did they make up for you?

FMCDH

Just curious, what type of rules did they make up for you?

He has to wear a white frilly shirt and a red bandanna and has to talk like a pirate anytime he is OC'ing within the community. ;) :p

Seriously tho,

Probably something stupid like, no discharge of firearms (aka target shooting) within the association controlled areas, or some other such redundant rule that's covered under county law.

sudden valley gunner

He has to wear a white frilly shirt and a red bandanna and has to talk like a pirate anytime he is OC'ing within the community. ;) :p

Seriously tho,

Probably something stupid like, no discharge of firearms (aka target shooting) within the association controlled areas, or some other such redundant rule that's covered under county law.

No carry in association property except to transport it to vehicle....and no carry in association meetings. I just ignore the new rules, haven't been to a meeting yet, but the signs for them that advertise them say open to public, and there are no 'no firearm' signs on any of our buildings.

amlevin

No carry in association property except to transport it to vehicle....and no carry in association meetings. I just ignore the new rules, haven't been to a meeting yet, but the signs for them that advertise them say open to public, and there are no 'no firearm' signs on any of our buildings.

My HOA is chicken-crap. They hold the meetings in a local school library. Automatically no guns. On the other "rules" I ignore most that they dream up. If it isn't in the CC&R's or ByLaws, they can use their rules as suppositories.

BTW "Association Property?" Only in a vehicle? Does this mean they are trying to restrict carry on the public roads and sidewalks?

Last edited:

sudden valley gunner

My HOA is chicken-crap. They hold the meetings in a local school library. Automatically no guns. On the other "rules" I ignore most that they dream up. If it isn't in the CC&R's or ByLaws, they can use their rules as suppositories.

BTW "Association Property?" Only in a vehicle? Does this mean they are trying to restrict carry on the public roads and sidewalks?

Yea, but I ignore it, there is no gates, and even though they think they are private roads they are not. Years ago they received help from state or county which no longer makes the roads private.

amlevin

Yea, but I ignore it, there is no gates, and even though they think they are private roads they are not. Years ago they received help from state or county which no longer makes the roads private.

Most developers will have to build roads, streets, sidewalks, to current government standards before they get sign-off from the city/County. Then the streets, roads, and sidewalks are "deeded" to the government unit. They no longer belong to the developer or HOA. That way they get maintenance from the city/county and traffic laws can be enforced on them. Also subject to preemption.

MSG Laigaie

Campaign Veteran
Sweet Baboo will photo next time we go out

Went to the sale at Goodwill and OCd, no one noticed. We then walked across the parking lot and spent an hour at KMart, nada.
No, I do not make holsters. Lori is an amazing seamstress.

sudden valley gunner

Most developers will have to build roads, streets, sidewalks, to current government standards before they get sign-off from the city/County. Then the streets, roads, and sidewalks are "deeded" to the government unit. They no longer belong to the developer or HOA. That way they get maintenance from the city/county and traffic laws can be enforced on them. Also subject to preemption.

Yep, being a contractor I know how that works, this was a gated community at one time, many moons ago. The roads are so bad the county denied taking them over.

sudden valley gunner

Went to the sale at Goodwill and OCd, no one noticed. We then walked across the parking lot and spent an hour at KMart, nada.
No, I do not make holsters. Lori is an amazing seamstress.

My wife was at Goodwill today, I go there all the time too, one time had a cop come up to me and say hi, I said hi back and walked right past her and out the doors leaving her with a dumbfounded look on her face.

P.S. several of the young men who work there love the fact I carry and one that is not 21 yet said he is going to once he turns 21.

Last edited:

MSG Laigaie

Campaign Veteran
Today I went to the Post Office. As not to antagonize, I left my weapon in the van, but I always wear a UM84 holster. Nada altho the old guy that waited on me did look a bit like he was having resp distress, hands shaking. I do that too sometimes. After the PO I went straight to my bank inside Haggens. Nada. This is the way it should be.

skiingislife725

Today I went to the Post Office. As not to antagonize, I left my weapon in the van, but I always wear a UM84 holster. Nada altho the old guy that waited on me did look a bit like he was having resp distress, hands shaking. I do that too sometimes. After the PO I went straight to my bank inside Haggens. Nada. This is the way it should be.

And it's a good thing that you left it in the van, as it's illegal to bring it into a post office. Well...at the very least you'd be a test case in court to bring down the stupid law/rule.