Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: from the ar15.com Hometown forum -Walker say he might push CCW through this week

from the ar15.com Hometown forum -Walker say he might push CCW through this week

Got this from the AR15.COM Hometown forum tonight.

I heard today, and I don't know if it's true, that Gov. Walker said, "Well since the Dems decided to run away from this bill, maybe next week should run CCW through."

I will be watching the Senate Video / Audio feed all week.

If it happens it will likely be a very clean bill, probably almost as good as Constitutional carry.
    Last edited by GLOCK21GB; 02-21-2011 at 12:02 AM.
    http://youtu.be/xWgVGu3OR4U AACFI, Wisconsin / Minnesota Carry Certified. Action Pistol & Advanced Action pistol concepts + Urban Carbine course. When the entitlement Zombies begin looting, pillaging, raping, burning & killing..remember HEAD SHOTS it's the only way to kill a Zombie. Stockpile food & water now.

Please support your local,county, state & Federal Law enforcement agencies, right ???

oh man what a tease

I hope it happens...... I've been sick of watching those whiners in Madison... I can't think of a better way to repay the runaway dems....

The Northwoods, lakeland area, Wisconsin, USA
    That'll get em running back home! Because dem's like to live in Victim mode, and they feel everyone else should too.

I can imagine it now, kickin it into 6th, rollin on the throttle, rapping the pipes to scare the cage next to me on the breeze way, and pulling in front of them so that they can read my "Honk if you have never seen a gun fired from a moving motorcycle" t-shirt.

I am a smoker, I can't hold my breath that long. But I sure will try. lol
    I am Calico Jack,,,, And I approve this message!
    (Paid for by the blood of patriots, and Calico Jack Defense)
    Calico Jack Defense

If I may be so bold... I can imagine you rolling on the throttle, your aftermarket pipes sound so good the asshat in the cage can't help but notice. He/she gives you a thumbs up as you ride by. He/she can't read your tee underneath your leathers. And they don't want to run all bikes off the road because we scare the sh*t out of them.

Last edited by HandyHamlet; 02-21-2011 at 01:55 AM.
    "Don't interfere with anything in the Constitution. That must be maintained, for it is the only safeguard of our liberties."
    Abraham Lincoln

"Some time ago, a bunch of lefties defied the law by dancing at the Jefferson Memorial, resulting in their arrests. Last week, a bunch of them pulled the same stunt and - using patented Lefist techniques - provoked the Park Police into having to use force to arrest them."
    Alexcabbie

Quote Originally Posted by HandyHamlet View Post

If I may be so bold... I can imagine you rolling on the throttle, your aftermarket pipes sound so good the asshat in the cage can't help but notice. He/she gives you a thumbs up as you ride by. He/she can't read your tee underneath your leathers. And they don't want to run all bikes off the road because we scare the sh*t out of them.

Maybe I am not as smart as the bikers who taught me what being a biker was all about, but I have gotten to the point where I prefer to ride in 90 degree weather and in the summer I usually ride in just cut off t-shirts, jeans, boots, and idiot goggles. And after having more than a half million miles and 15 years under my belt in this life, if I go down, leathers aint gonna help. Then there is always the fact that I am just well built enough that I can get away with wearing a snug t-shirt (especially cause I hate getting my armpits beat to crap by the shirt in the wind). But I suppose that could easily be taken care of with a shoulder holster and a wheel gun.

And if we are being totally honest, the cage would likely look at me (or any armed biker) and see the gun and spend the rest of the time trying to look like he was not looking at me. You know, there are only 3 basic types of bikers. Yuppies, pretenders, and real bikers. I don't make enough to be a yuppie, and I don't wash my bike enough, or sit in one place long enough to be a pretender.
    Calico Jack Defense

Quote Originally Posted by Glock34 View Post
    I heard today, and I don't know if it's true, that Gov. Walker said, "Well since the Dems decided to run away from this bill, maybe next week should run CCW through."
    Walker has said nothing like that publicly. Atleast not that I have seen. Ask the guy on AR.15 for a link.

The closest thing I have heard about CC was in a press conference with Republican Majority Leader Sen. Fitzgerald on Saturday morning.

http://wiseye.org/Programming/VideoA...px?evhdid=3776 about minute 7:25
    Last edited by BROKENSPROKET; 02-21-2011 at 04:05 AM.

OK, seriously, back on topic, apparently there is going to be an interview with Walker on good morning America (2/21, and though I am not a fan of GMA I will have to watch to see if he addressed CC) and they have had a thing up since about 1 this after noon where people can post questions for him to ask the governor. I posted one about CC and I read through some of them, I could see that there were a lot of people who wanted to know why CC was not being passed since they were at a stand still on the budget. So hopefully that will get addressed in about 4 hours. But being that it is Good Morning America, I am sure that they will avoid that subject like the plague.

I have it set to record, because I am too lazy to get up before 10, so I will take a look at it as soon as I roll my lazy a$$ out of bed and then rush in here to see if there is anything new.

here is teh address in case anyone is still up and wants to put up another CC question.
    http://blogs.abcnews.com/george/2011...-tomorrow.html
    Last edited by CalicoJack10; 02-21-2011 at 04:16 AM.
    Calico Jack Defense

McX
    thanks guys, even if it just a rumor, or a whisper, you started my week with a smile for me!

Quote Originally Posted by CalicoJack10 View Post
    OK, seriously, back on topic, apparently there is going to be an interview with Walker on good morning America (2/21, and though I am not a fan of GMA I will have to watch to see if he addressed CC) and they have had a thing up since about 1 this after noon where people can post questions for him to ask the governor. I posted one about CC and I read through some of them, I could see that there were a lot of people who wanted to know why CC was not being passed since they were at a stand still on the budget. So hopefully that will get addressed in about 4 hours. But being that it is Good Morning America, I am sure that they will avoid that subject like the plague.

I have it set to record, because I am too lazy to get up before 10, so I will take a look at it as soon as I roll my lazy a$$ out of bed and then rush in here to see if there is anything new.

here is teh address in case anyone is still up and wants to put up another CC question.
    http://blogs.abcnews.com/george/2011...-tomorrow.html
    Watched GMA 20 minutes ago. Not a word.

it very well may be a rumor or it could be in the Cue to happen this week..I guess we will have to watch.
    Last edited by GLOCK21GB; 02-21-2011 at 12:43 PM.
    http://youtu.be/xWgVGu3OR4U AACFI, Wisconsin / Minnesota Carry Certified. Action Pistol & Advanced Action pistol concepts + Urban Carbine course. When the entitlement Zombies begin looting, pillaging, raping, burning & killing..remember HEAD SHOTS it's the only way to kill a Zombie. Stockpile food & water now.

Please support your local,county, state & Federal Law enforcement agencies, right ???

I flipped on the DVR as soon as my feet carried me into the front room this morning. That was disappointing. However, I did notice that they said that non budget/job related bills needed less votes and were expected to hit the floor tomorrow. And I have had my local legislature tell me that CC was on the docket as soon as the money and job situations were squared away. So I am not holding my breath, but I am still hopeful.
    Calico Jack Defense

Quote Originally Posted by CalicoJack10 View Post
    I flipped on the DVR as soon as my feet carried me into the front room this morning. That was disappointing. However, I did notice that they said that non budget/job related bills needed less votes and were expected to hit the floor tomorrow. And I have had my local legislature tell me that CC was on the docket as soon as the money and job situations were squared away. So I am not holding my breath, but I am still hopeful.
    I agree..it's a wait and see thing...But it would be cool if on let's say Thursday..they slam it through

McX
    Constitutional Carry!................on thurs!

Link to ARFCOM thread?

Quote Originally Posted by Optimus Prime View Post
    Link to ARFCOM thread?
    I can't find it. It must be part of a conversation of an unrelated thread.
    Also, Walker is to be holding a press conference in an hour. 5ish? Probably about the budget tho.

McX
    i'll move the anticipated date from thurs to fri. on my calendar then.

Email your reps, and demand that they take up CC because their hands are tied on the budget. Tell them it is a perfect thing to get done while they are waiting for those who run away from an argument to get back.
    Rand Paul 2016

Quote Originally Posted by Optimus Prime View Post
    Link to ARFCOM thread?
    http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=8&f=21&t=442547 posted by TCSOO7

Have all of you written not only your own Senator, but the rest of the Republican Senators?
    Tell them you want 941.23 repealed, and 167.31 too.
    That's a bare minimum good start.

Give rational facts about why they're useless laws (most importantly, they don't affect criminals in the least, but do lower our safety when we follow them).
    ((That didn't come out right... you know what I mean. By following the law, we are less safe, not that sometimes we follow the law & sometimes we don't. That would be a stupid thing to say on a public forum, wouldn't it?))

I posted all the contact info for R Senators in another thread earlier today.
    (See #11: http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/sh...83#post1472583 )

If they need or want testimony as to why concealed carry would be helpful, I know at least 6 of us who can speak from personal experience about being harassed by police for carrying openly.

Of course, once the Senate passes it, it starts all over again in the House.
    Last edited by MKEgal; 02-22-2011 at 04:11 PM. Reason: wrong #... oops
    Quote Originally Posted by MLK, Jr
    The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort & convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge & controversy.
    Quote Originally Posted by MSG Laigaie
    Citizenship is a verb.
    Quote Originally Posted by Proverbs 27:12
    A prudent person foresees the danger ahead and takes precautions.
    The simpleton goes blindly on and suffers the consequences.
    Quote Originally Posted by Proverbs 31:17
    She dresses herself with strength and makes her arms strong.

Tease followed by no pay-off. Kind of like the nudie bar.
    In God I trust. Everyone else needs to keep your hands where I can see them.

Quote Originally Posted by oak1971 View Post
    tease followed by no pay-off. Kind of like the nudie bar.
    lol

Quote Originally Posted by MKEgal View Post
    Have all of you written not only your own Senator, but the rest of the Republican Senators?
    Tell them you want 941.63 repealed, and 167.31 too.
    That's a bare minimum good start.

Give rational facts about why they're useless laws (most importantly, they don't affect criminals in the least, but do lower our safety when we follow them).
    ((That didn't come out right... you know what I mean. By following the law, we are less safe, not that sometimes we follow the law & sometimes we don't. That would be a stupid thing to say on a public forum, wouldn't it?))

I posted all the contact info for R Senators in another thread earlier today.
    (See #11: http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/sh...83#post1472583 )

If they need or want testimony as to why concealed carry would be helpful, I know at least 6 of us who can speak from personal experience about being harassed by police for carrying openly.

Of course, once the Senate passes it, it starts all over again in the House.
    Do you mean 941.23?
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. Thomas Jefferson (1776)

If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

I thought the senate couldn't do anything at all without a quorum and they need one more body, meaning a Democrat, to join them in order to have a quorum present.

Isn't that the whole reason they're hiding in Illinois?
    Last edited by KBCraig; 02-21-2011 at 08:50 PM.

[Wisconsin’s Democratic state senators thought they pulled a fast one by booking it for Illinois rather than allowing their Republican colleagues to rescind the collective bargaining privileges of public servants, they thought wrong. While twenty senators are required for a quorum on fiscal issues, and there are only 19 Republicans, “a simple majority of 17 members constitutes a quorum for other bills in the 33-seat state senate.” When Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker calls the Senate into session this week, “there is a whole legislative agenda that Republicans in the senate and assembly can start acting on that only requires simple majorities” Walker told National Review Online. “If [Dems] want to do their jobs, and have a say, they better show up.”]

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2011/02/21/th...#ixzz1EeJtazVP

as long as it doesn't have to do with money they only need a simple majority of 13
    "I have a long held belief that a man cannot have too many books, too many wines, or to much ammunition"

~Jeff Cooper~

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast