• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

from the ar15.com Hometown forum -Walker say he might push CCW through this week

protias

Have all of you written not only your own Senator, but the rest of the Republican Senators?
Tell them you want 941.63 repealed, and 167.31 too.
That's a bare minimum good start.

Give rational facts about why they're useless laws (most importantly, they don't affect criminals in the least, but do lower our safety when we follow them).
((That didn't come out right... you know what I mean. By following the law, we are less safe, not that sometimes we follow the law & sometimes we don't. That would be a stupid thing to say on a public forum, wouldn't it?))

I posted all the contact info for R Senators in another thread earlier today.
(See #11: http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/s...s-Other-Bills-Like-CCW.&p=1472583#post1472583 )

If they need or want testimony as to why concealed carry would be helpful, I know at least 6 of us who can speak from personal experience about being harassed by police for carrying openly.

Of course, once the Senate passes it, it starts all over again in the House.

Do you mean 941.23? :eek:

KBCraig

I thought the senate couldn't do anything at all without a quorum and they need one more body, meaning a Democrat, to join them in order to have a quorum present.

Isn't that the whole reason they're hiding in Illinois?

Last edited:

Flash Gordon

[Wisconsin’s Democratic state senators thought they pulled a fast one by booking it for Illinois rather than allowing their Republican colleagues to rescind the collective bargaining privileges of public servants, they thought wrong. While twenty senators are required for a quorum on fiscal issues, and there are only 19 Republicans, “a simple majority of 17 members constitutes a quorum for other bills in the 33-seat state senate.” When Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker calls the Senate into session this week, “there is a whole legislative agenda that Republicans in the senate and assembly can start acting on that only requires simple majorities” Walker told National Review Online. “If [Dems] want to do their jobs, and have a say, they better show up.”]

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2011/02/21/t...na-getcha-getcha-getcha-getcha/#ixzz1EeJtazVP

as long as it doesn't have to do with money they only need a simple majority of 13

littlewolf

I thought the senate couldn't do anything at all without a quorum and they need one more body, meaning a Democrat, to join them in order to have a quorum present.

Isn't that the whole reason they're hiding in Illinois?

Only for budget related items :)

M

McX

only budget related items, well then, smack that puppy on the tail end of a budget bill, they do that with other stuff all the time!